• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

Not a yellow imo.
When it's trying to set up the overhead, and there looks enough initial space to attempt it.

edit:
not a yellow for lichensteinger? seemed cynical

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Puting 10 people in the box isn't "playing well".

You-play-to-win-the-game.gif

Maybe we were watching a different game but Albania was on the attack a lot of the first half and almost scored at the 53rd minute.

A country with a population pool of 100 Million vs. 3-4 Million (in Albania proper). We did pretty damn well.

Lego Boss

Switzerland look technically good. Just gotta get that final ball.

In fact I think this is the fault of the whole EUROS so far, just getting that final ball.

Italy have managed it, no surprise there I guess . . .

Shito

You-play-to-win-the-game.gif

Maybe we were watching a different game but Albania was on the attack a lot of the first half and almost scored at the 53rd minute.

A country with a population pool of 100 Million vs. 3-4 Million (in Albania proper). We did pretty damn well.

I think you watched other match. Albania outplayed France during the first half.
Sure Albania got a few occasions in the first half, but they did not play offensively at all.
They took their chances on like 3 different occasions, and spent the rest of the match defending their box -- which is what you should do against France anyways, since we don't handle that kind of play well at all, and tend to struggle quite a lot against such a strategy.

It's not bad to say Albania did a great defending showing, but let's not twist this to "they played offensively"...

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2016/matches/round=2000448/match=2017885/statistics/index.html

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Switzerland look technically good. Just gotta get that final ball.

In fact I think this is the fault of the whole EUROS so far, just getting that final ball.

Italy have managed it, no surprise there I guess . . .

that's been kind of our thing for the last what, 20 years? :lol defensively&technically sound but can't finish.

Shito

Still no goals in the first 30 mins of a game yet.
That Switzerland - France is really entertaining to watch.
Quit the goal whining and enjoy the show! ^^

EDIT: Oh it's a stat on the whole tournament?
Do carry on then, if that's the case, as it's interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom