• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
media_xl_2306599.jpg

<3

boeren buiten

Alucard

Banned
Happy that Poland won, as this is officially their best Euro/WC performance in 34 years, but they've still been pretty underwhelming overall. Hell, this tournament has been underwhelming overall.

Poland vs. Switzerland at 9am Saturday, and I won't be able to watch...and I'm oddly not too upset about it. I'm still cheering for Polska, but I'm not expecting miracles. Still waiting for Lewandowski to show up.

PillarEN

GG Turkey. I mean. Good effort today but we weren't up to task against Spain. Croatia was better other than the last 15 min. Today we failed with the Turkish counter attacks, it's a disappointment even though I didn't expect much from the team.

Big-E

Croatia has always punched well above their weight. Given their population, they are pound for pound champs. Since their inception they have been awesome in most tournaments

kottila

What a shitty play off this will be, Croatia gets a free pass to the final, while most of the favorites will be out by the quarter final.

I think the idea is that the sponsors pay a lot of money to have the logos on the jerseys, and then in the big moment with closeup shots you have taken the jersey off and no consumers can see it.

Reading the FIFA rule book, they call it excessive celebration .

"Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

Sorry Dutch, I guess this futbol can't go shirtless.

Sucks though for getting a card

You can tell us no, but we're always shirtless on the inside.

Oersted

http://m.fifa.com/development/news/...law-yellow-card-for-removal-jersey-92958.html

Footballers who remove their jerseys during post-goal celebrations are to receive automatic yellow cards. The modification to Law 12, which was approved last February by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), will come into effect from 1 July, 2004.

The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to 'Fouls and Misconduct', stating: "A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

So as to avoid any ambiguities and facilitate the correct interpretation and application of the Law, a player will be deemed to have removed his jersey - and therefore become liable for a caution - if the jersey has been pulled over the player's head, or if his head has been covered by the jersey (see illustration - Removal of the jersey guidelines ).

Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

This decision was agreed on at the 118th Annual Meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) on 28 February 2004 in London, and will come into effect on 1 July this year.

Unsporting behaviour

If Spain gets destroyed by Italy the next match they absolutely deserve it by underachieving in this match, and Croatia didn't even play with their best team.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
What a shitty play off this will be, Croatia gets a free pass to the final, while most of the favorites will be out by the quarter final.

that's what makes it so fun

seeing the titans slug it out just for the chance at making it through the quarters is amazing

Twentieth

Reading the FIFA rule book, they call it excessive celebration.

"Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

No fun allowed indeed.

As a Croatian I'm not going to watch the match. What happened last time was a bit too much for me and there are mutliple indicators that the scum from last time will be at it again. Croatian police have warned UEFA last time what was going to happen - they were not taken seriously. Instead, they fined the FA which is exactly what the hooligans want since they want to harm the FA. The FA, mind you, is full of scum of its own but there is a fine line between protest and firing a cannon at a foreign person who had nothing to do with it. The logical thing would have been to axe the attendance for the match - UEFA did not do it.

Yes, it would suck for every normal Croatian fan and citizen who are overwhelmingly pissed off at what happened. It would suck for every person who sang with the Turkish and Czech fans and displayed stellar behaviour. It would suck for all the normal folks who aggresively tried to stop the 30 or so idiots who ruined the match. But it's like the people who have to know what's happening either don't know or don't care.

Now Croatian police is again, with the overwhelming support of our government (that's a first) and the people in large, warning of another planned incident to stop this match and again they are not being taken seriously.

I can't relax watching a match I fear will result in stupidity again. Especially since it can result at further undeserved country shaming because of a few dozen no-lifers. Fuck that, man.

feel sorry for you mate

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Great game today. Spain played well the first 30 minutes, but Croatia really put everything into this game. I'm so happy that Italy and Croatia (the teams I liked the most this Euro) are not paying against each other so early.

Baleoce

So say if Albania still managed to qualify, who would Wales play out of Albania and Northern Ireland? Or Turkey, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom