• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolkir

ezgif-1002572497.gif

Par Score

Fucking Hell.

Top half of the draw so far: Poland, Switzerland, Wales, Croatia

Bottom half so far: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, England

I can't believe we're going to be facing (and likely get eliminated) by Spain again.

I'm already dreading the 27th. Our Euro is over.
Man, a bit more confidence please. In their actual condition, Spain is going to get steamrolled by the Azzurri.

Well deserved win for Croatia, Spain put on a truly pathetic performance today. No physical presence at all.

Cappa

Banned
If Spain gets destroyed by Italy the next match they absolutely deserve it by underachieving in this match, and Croatia didn't even play with their best team.
Jesus Christ why are people shocked by this result. This is virtually the same team that shat the bed at the world cup.

Despite that they didn't play bad today. Missed pk, had their chances and missed. Defensively they sucked but that's what we get with pique and Ramos two very good but very inconsistent CBs.

I also don't understand why a team deserves to get destroyed in their next game when they lose against a pretty good team. Despite their B team Croatia was still fielding top tier players. Ralkitic srna, vrsajklo, corluka, kalinic etc

kottila

that's what makes it so fun

seeing the titans slug it out just for the chance at making it through the quarters is amazing

A couple of underdogs would be fun, but having to watch hungary, slovakia, wales, northern ireland, austria and iceland park the bus towards the semis will make half the games boring. But the giants have noone to blame but themselves

Alucard

Banned
Anyone else just feel sleepy when watching most of the games in this tournament? Too many games where I've thought "fuck. I could have done anything else instead of spending the past two hours on this."

trembli0s

With this defense Italy is going to destroy Spain, there is no way they get past the next round (unless Del Bosque bench Ramos which is not going to happen).

Del Bosque needs to replace Juanfran with Azpilicueta. Juanfran has absolutely 0 speed on the outside. Both goals came off his side IIRC.

Also, what the fuck was Jordi Alba doing today? He didn't take a single ball down the line and try to cross inside. He was fucking atrocious today. Just a poor day at the office from everyone on the team except for Iniesta and Silva.

Fabregas shouldn't start again this tournament. His form is pathetic and he can't last 60 minutes, let alone a whole game.

FDC1

So say if Albania still managed to qualify, who would Wales play out of Albania and Northern Ireland? Or Turkey, I have no idea.

If Albania is in, Wales is facing Turkey

Basically, you're facing Turkey if they're in, Northern Ireland else.

Jesus Christ why are people shocked by this result. This is virtually the same team that shat the bed at the world cup.

Despite that they didn't play bad today. Missed pk, had their chances and missed. Defensively they sucked but that's what we get with pique and Ramos two very good but very inconsistent CBs.

I also don't understand why a team deserves to get destroyed in their next game when they lose against a pretty good team. Despite their B team Croatia was still fielding top tier players. Ralkitic srna, vrsajklo, corluka, kalinic etc

Take it easy on the kool-aid. I never said I was shocked by the performance of Spain.

If Group E ends up being chalk they should be through. Albania has a better goal differential than Turkey.

Albania and Turkey are both at -2 but Turkey has scored more goals. So Albania needs to hope that:

- Ireland and Sweden don't win
AND
- Portugal loses

in all other cases Albania is out.

Bakkus

Northern Ireland are through, Turkey will be through. Whoever finishes 3rd in group F will be through. Albania and Sweden/Ireland will be the two 3rd placed ones that go out of the tournament.

Cappa

Banned
Take it easy on the kool-aid. I never said I was shocked by the performance of Spain.
No, you just said they underachieved like people really expected this spain team to be different just because they beat a really bad turkey team lol

We're out against Italy and hopefully del Bosque goes home. This was a perfect game for Lucas Vazquez

Man, a bit more confidence please. In their actual condition, Spain is going to get steamrolled by the Azzurri.

Well deserved win for Croatia, Spain put on a truly pathetic performance today. No physical presence at all.

Our recent history against the Spaniards gives me little reason to be confident. Only 1 win against Spain since 1994, and we've been defeated by them in the last two Euro's.

The only thing I'm confident in is that Spain still has our number. I'd like to be proven wrong about this but I doubt that's happening.

Anyone else just feel sleepy when watching most of the games in this tournament? Too many games where I've thought "fuck. I could have done anything else instead of spending the past two hours on this."
Not really, I suppose I'd be much more invested if I was European. Wales and Northern Ireland got through that is pretty damn interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom