• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy100

Banned
They've outright said as much, it's not a rumour. I personally like Hodgson, and think that if England can't do well with the only manager with international experience (and who managed to take Switzerland up the world rankings) then they never will... but I have to admit that while in 2014 I felt he was let down more by the players than his selection, he's not exactly excelled himself here, and the decision to play for the 1-0 against Russia in particular will haunt him.

I still think the bigger issue is that England always enter every tournament with the expectation of winning it when they're nowhere near good enough and thus put themselves under unnecessary pressure when I'd rather they take a lesson from the women's team (or Wales) and treat it as "we will see how far we can get, might as well enjoy it".

The bigger problem is who on earth would take over at this point? Especially since Dyke is saying you need to have a Premier League manager. Fucking Pardew?!
Just because he has international experience doesn't make him good mate...

The guy is a joke. How he survived our last tournament lord only knows. He is the highest paid manager at the euro's - which is a joke in itself.

Sadly I'm not sure who we'd get if we sacked him - but we need someone better, we won't progress under Hodgson. He's a dinosaur in terms of tactics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on the one hand , CMTV (and its newspaper) are gutter trash

on the other, thats not cool Ronaldo

giphy.gif

Cappa

Banned
You have a source for that?
It's what I'm reading on Spanish/Portuguese forums. This same paper is the one he sued for defamation for saying he was sexually assaulting children online.

Im searching for the whole video online when I find it I'll post it

luso

Lol if he were a separatist believe me he wouldn’t be playing on the national team or dressing up his kid in spain jerseys
We supports Catalunha independence though. ..
Ronaldo GIF with potential, just replace the mic with anything.

Lol if he were a separatist believe me he wouldn’t be playing on the national team or dressing up his kid in spain jerseys

Don't know about Piqué but Xavi is an outspoken supporter of Catalan independence and he played his fair share of games for Spain. I don't think Del Bosque lets politics influence his squad selection.

Cappa

Banned
Don't know about Piqué but Xavi is an outspoken supporter of Catalan independence and he played his fair share of games for Spain. I don't think Del Bosque lets politics influence his squad selection.
I meant he wouldn't be willing to go. Del Bosque doesn't give a shit about anything unfortunately.

Oleguer refused to play with the Spanish national team due to his separatist views. (he was shit anyway so it's not like Spain missed out on much)

g0tm1lk

I meant he wouldn't be willing to go. Del Bosque doesn't give a shit about anything unfortunately.

Oleguer refused to play with the Spanish national team due to his separatist views. (he was shit anyway so it's not like Spain missed out on much)

Problem is that Piqué is actually good, very good.

Cappa

Banned
Problem is that Piqué is actually good, very good.
He's wildly inconsistent like Ramos, both players had a shitty season overall. When they're good they're good but both players make to many mistakes to be considered among the best at the position.

Im curious to see how Barcelona survives if/when mascherano leaves and how they replace him.

Acorn

Portugal's CB's should be Fonte and Carvalho.. i always feel Pepe (and Bruno Alves) are ticking bombs that could go off at any time
Still putting a tenner on every match pepe plays to get sent off. Dunno why anyone takes the risk with him, not like there aren't plenty better with control of their emotions.

Cappa

Banned
Portugal's CB's should be Fonte and Carvalho.. i always feel Pepe (and Bruno Alves) are ticking bombs that could go off at any time

Still putting a tenner on every match pepe plays to get sent off. Dunno why anyone takes the risk with him, not like there aren't plenty better with control of their emotions.
Jesus do you guys actually believe what you post? Pepe has only seen a straight red twice.(Barcelona and international vs Germany) in his entire career!

The last time he was sent off at the club level was in 2011-12 for a double yellow.
When he was sent off against Germany at the world cup it was his first sending off ever for country (and last)

You want to bench Portugal's best defender based on his prior history of aggression which has been pretty non existent for the past 5 years? Lol

If anything Pepe wins more yellow cards by drawing fouls and play acting than from aggression. (By win I mean his play acting results in the other team getting the yellow card)

Tubie

If anything Pepe wins more yellow cards by drawing fouls and play acting than from aggression. (By win I mean his play acting results in the other team getting the yellow card)

Yea that shit is the one thing that annoys me about him, but overall he's been a solid/clean defender the past 4-5 seasons.

At Madrid, Ramos is the one that gets sent off due to straight reds or double yellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom