• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

Seferovic played as shit as he does for Frankfurt. I hoped he would do better so he could be sold off.
money.gif

Madchad

Chris Slegg, a BBC London reporter on holiday in Marseille for the football, said he had been at a bar with friends and other fans on Friday night, watching France's game against Romania, and the atmosphere had been friendly.

However, shortly after the match finished, a group of 20 to 30 French youths had emerged from side streets and thrown firecrackers and bottles at people who had been watching the game outside the bar, he said. The incident had been completely unprovoked, he said.

Dave Tomlinson, from the Football Supporters' Federation, who is in Marseille, told the BBC it had been "disappointing to see any problems" involving England supporters.

"We understand from the reports that it's a very small minority of England fans that have been involved," he said.

"We also understand that unfortunately there has been quite a lot of provocation from the French and also the Russian elements that are in the area."

Ofc England fans will get all the flac from this of that i have no doubt.

FDC1

The England fans were provoked lastnight but that doesn't excuse their thuggish behaviour.

No wonder England gets a bad rep

Stop with the provocked thing, the english hooligans fighting right now came to France expecting to fight. Same for the Russian hooligans and the French youngs. All a bunch of idiots.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
English fans being attacked... time to tear gas the English fans

Stop that. Stop the persecution complex. English fans are absolutely terrible and cause trouble everywhere they go. That's a cold, hard, unbiased fact.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Not all English fans go looking for trouble so stop generalising.

Not all England fans...

Here we go.

It's always England fans though. And there are always excuses made for them.

Edit: Just to be clear, they're not the only nation with hooligan fans. But they are hooligans.

Rellik

England "fans" didn't have a chance with the organised Russian hooligans. And the Police did fuck all but stand back and watch.

Beefy

Not all England fans...

Here we go.

Russians charging at England fans isn't England fans is it? What are you meant to do? Let some one knock you out then kick you on the floor like in that vid?

I'm not argueing that England don't have a minority that go looking for trouble. But I am saying it is a minority. Plenty more go there just to chill and watch the footy. I did for the last Euro's. You didn't see me throwing bottles etc.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Not all England fans...

Here we go.

It's really that blokes fault for getting in the way of the punch.

Or those fans that got bottles thrown at them while they were watching the France game somehow provoked a bunch of locals who all just happened to be walking past.

Talking shit.

Rellik

Russian ultras turned up all geared up and in formation, yet you get people only blaming the England fans.

A minority from Russia, France and England (and wait until Croatia vs. Turkey tomorrow, as well) have all been idiots.

Portugeezer

I just feel bad for any of the fans that just wanted to go France to have a good time and support their team, and possibly got caught up in the hooliganism.

Beefy

I just hope that guy on the floor in that vid is alright. Fuck the idiots ruining it for others.

I just feel bad for any of the fans that just wanted to go France to have a good time and support their team, and possibly got caught up in the hooliganism.

Yep, it's disgusting.

Cob32

Yep I'd love to go to one of these summer tournaments at least once before I die. Looks like such a toxic atmosphere though.

Rellik

Sadly, that's something you have to look out for at any tournament.

A lot of these countries still haven't stopped the Ultras destroying their domestic game. You can forget about them controlling them abroad.

French police ain't doing shit either.

FDC1

Once again, most of the real fans are far away of the action right now, the idiots fighting right now came ready to fight.

bjaelke

Payet is way too good for West Ham.
Yep I'd love to go to one of these summer tournaments at least once before I die. Looks like such a toxic atmosphere though.

It usually isn't. I've been to a few of these tournaments and it's always been a blast.

Beefy

Just stay away from the popular places and you will be fine. When I went the worst I had was a drunk trying to get me to sing the Polish anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom