• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Not an easy kick to stop for the goalie, guys, it bounces just in front of him with a weird trajectory.
It's less a fault from the goalie than what we saw those past few days.

stay gold

I don't get what English fans are expecting, when they maybe have the fourth or fifth best squad in Europe. Hodgson has initiated the necessary transition that may bear fruit in the coming years.
There seems to be an enormous discrepancy between perception and reality. One should also say that even a good team does not necessarily perform well, see e.g. Germany since the WC win.

England fans hate that we're coached to play in such a negative, fearful manner. 1-0 up, dominating the entire game, do we bring on Vardy or Sturridge to kill them off? Nah we bring on Milner and a perma-crock and try to turtle, only to get burned as usual. It gets depressing watching the same story unfold every tournament. We're not expected to win, yet we insist on playing like a draw will save us from relegation or something.

England fans hate that we're coached to play in such a negative, fearful manner. 1-0 up, dominating the entire game, do we bring on Vardy or Sturridge to kill them off? Nah we bring on Milner and a perma-crock and try to turtle, only to get burned as usual. It gets depressing watching the same story unfold every tournament. We're not expected to win, yet we insist on playing like a draw will save us from relegation or something.

Henderson was just about to come on as well just before Russia scored.. So Roy would've put on 3 midfielder as subs.

Faynwulf

I can't keep up with the mistakes that Volkan has made in the last few years. Is that seriously the best keeper the Turkish have?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Apparently a croatian fan just got up and ran up to the players after the goal.

Security on point over there.

14657393280838uyl8.jpg

Diancecht

I can't keep up with the mistakes that Volkan has made in the last few years. Is that seriously the best keeper the Turkish have?

That's a different Volkan. That Volkan was a beast this year but this Volkan played beautifully throughout the qualifications and helped us secure a spot in the tournament.

El Topo

Nonsense. England tried yesterday, they just couldn't finish another one. You played better than France, a team with a better squad. You didn't win, shit happens. It happened to you, it will happen to others.
You can't expect rapid change. These things take time. It's a young team, they played well and they'll only get better. Personally I was impressed by what England showed yesterday.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I remember the days when Arda used to win games on his own and was just unstoppable.
Unfortunately he has become a shadow of his former self and seems to have the body of a 40 year old now.
It's sad that Europe never got to see the "real" Arda. He went to Atletico after a year full of injuries and was never the same as his prime days in Galatasaray

John Dunbar

correct about everything
out of curiosity, when a team scores a goal and the goalkeeper and defenders all raise their arms in objection, has that ever worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom