• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

16 teams is the sweet spot for a tournament of this size. It's silly that only 8 teams will be eliminated in the group stage. But I don't mind the extra playoff round of 16. Should make for a few more dramatic matches.

13450987_1851384485089196_5775992131396007546_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Turkey 2-1 Croatia

Yup. Croatia will score early, Turkey will look in shambles but Croatia will fail to press forward, Turkey will score a wild goal out of nowhere at 70 minutes, and then fluke an extra-time goal.

It is the Turkish way.

Jasup

Yup. Croatia will score early, Turkey will look in shambles but Croatia will fail to press forward, Turkey will score a wild goal out of nowhere at 70 minutes, and then fluke an extra-time goal.

It is the Turkish way.

That's how it goes

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
On paper Croatia has a great team. I actually think they might make a surprise at this Euro. I don't know about the coach though.

Faynwulf

Really hope Turkey looses, can't stand them at all. Even less after the self proclaimed Turkish Ronaldo/Messi left us after faking psychological problems. Soooo~ Go Croatia!

Tugatrix

Because our nacional team has good players but they usually fail as a good team. But lets wait and see.

I understand you, but at least they can make it quarter finals, in the following years we have a new generation comming in that is really quite good, less stars more team players

Is it just me or is the quality of football and games pretty bad so far? Haven't seen all the games but wasn't really impressed by any team yet. England in the first half was pretty good but that's about it. Maybe we just have to wait for the better teams.

El Topo

Is it just me or is the quality of football and games pretty bad so far? Haven't seen all the games but wasn't really impressed by any team yet. England in the first half was pretty good but that's about it. Maybe we just have to wait for the better teams.

I'd say it has been pretty okay in general. It's a tournament, rarely do you see teams go all out in the group phase.

CassSept

Ya, it's stupid - a perfect setup to justify 32 teams.

1960 - 4
1980 - 8
1996 - 16
2016 - 24

Money > Quality
By 2060 they will probably invite Australia to get to 64 teams.

Expansion from 8 countries to 16 made sense as the number of countries in Europe doubled between late '80s and early '90s, this one is purely for money though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom