• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

One of football's biggest myths. Fairly sure he has outscored Messi in El Classico for the last few seasons, scored for United in the 2008 Champion's League Final, scored twice against Bayern in 2014, scored twice against Arsenal in the 2008 Champion's League semi-final, scored in both legs against United during Alex Ferguson's last season.

Exactly. He needs just 1 more champions league final goal to be the first man to score in 3 different CL finals.

But he never turns up, innit.

Large groups of England fans helping the locals to clean up the mess in Old Port from yesterday.

Good to read about stuff like this at least

Joni

I wonder if that disqualification threat counts for violence outside a football ground aswell.

Yes. Otherwise they couldn't blame England. But on the same count, should extend the threat to France than as well.

Him being on and off again doesn't help either. He clearly needs stitches and no amount of tape wil fix this.

Still has quite a presence despite it. He is like one of the three most noticeable ones on the pitch.

CoolOff

I'm sitting here with Brozovic, Perisic, Rakitic in my fantasy team and watch them waste chance after chance after chance. Fuck off.

Melfice7

The same Portugal that failed to impress during their last matches?
Yeah, no. ^^

The one playing against England with 10 players for 1 hour or the 7-0 against Estonia?

Either way none of that means shit at all, anything can happen in a tournament

JP

UEFA have warned both Russia and England that if there is any more trouble from any of their fans they will be disqualified.

http://www.skysports.com/share/10311663
I can never understand how they blame the international clubs, they can prevent people from attending matches locally but they have no authority outside of their own country. This just sounds like an invitation to encourage some people to cause more trouble.

At least there's some positive fan news from that area. Welsh football fans form guard of honour for newly-wed French couple on streets of Bordeaux

Alucard

Banned
I don't think Turkey has the player quality to get a miracle equalizer here. Would be shocked if they got even one more legit chance.

Cob32

I can never understand how they blame the international clubs, they can prevent people from attending matches locally but they have no authority outside of their own country. This just sounds like an invitation to encourage some people to cause more trouble.

At least there's some positive fan news from that area. Welsh football fans form guard of honour for newly-wed French couple on streets of Bordeaux

I think the idea is that the respective FA are responsible for their fans and as such, should work harder in not letting the bad ones make it to the tournament via passport consfication e.t.c.

Lego Boss

Is it just me or does this whole competition feel like a clusterfuck for England?

Rioting in the south when the fans are culpable but not to blame, a team that plays the best of all the opening teams and still can't win and sanctioned by UEFA, when in many ways they need protection.

Something feels like l would be glad to be knocked out, l don't really see what good it's doing us.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like that the England fans are being lumped in with the organized gangs from Russia and nobody says anything about the locals but I guess that's the reputation you get.

clearly when one set of supports storms the other IN the stadium it's their fault.

Croatia wins. Well deserved. They were the much better team, especially in the second half.

Turkey is going to have a tough time if they keep on playing like this in their next two matches.

Portugeezer

I don't like that the England fans are being lumped in with the organized gangs from Russia but I guess that's the reputation you get.

clearly when one set of supports storms the other IN the stadium it's their fault.

There was bullshit involving some England supporters outside the stadium on the same day and the day prior.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Deserved win for Croatia.

I don't like that the England fans are being lumped in with the organized gangs from Russia and nobody says anything about the locals but I guess that's the reputation you get.

Euro didn't start yesterday evening for the English "fans".

Hedrush

UEFA Statement.

The UEFA Executive Committee would like to express its disgust for the violent clashes which occurred in the city of Marseille.

"Such unacceptable behaviour by so-called supporters of the national teams of England and Russia has no place in football, a sport we must protect and defend.

"The UEFA Executive Committee has warned both football associations that - irrespective of any decisions taken by the independent disciplinary bodies relating to incidents inside the stadium - it will not hesitate to impose additional sanctions on the Football Association (FA) and the Russian Football Union (RFU), including the potential disqualification of their respective teams from the tournament, should such violence occur again.

"We urge both the FA and the RFU to appeal to their supporters to behave in a responsible and respectful manner.

"We would also like to publicly voice our support for the work of the French Authorities and security forces for their efforts to deliver a safe and secure tournament in challenging circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom