• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munter

It's great to see Wales and Northern Ireland enjoying their achievements in making it back to a big tournament. As a Scot, I'm jealous as hell, but it's great to see.

I'm an Englishman living in Scotland so I get to put up with all the jealousy and hatred from you Scots :D

Xater

This looks legit. I feel better about my bet now.

13427983_111733932167g5oxl.jpg

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I'm an Englishman living in Scotland so I get to put up with all the jealousy and hatred from you Scots :D

Lucky you! Most of us handle it well, but it's hard when you can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel. Could be many more years till we make it back to the big stage.

dc89

You seen the entire video to this?

England fans sitting enjoying a drink, women there too. And Marseille fans walk through singing and one of them pelts a bottle, pretty much point blank range into a group of England fans who were just minding their own business.

amanset

For some reason I am surprised that Northern Ireland is going with "God Save the Queen". Surely that's got to be annoying half the country?

So strange to hear God Save the Queen from a side that's not England.

Poland's anthem is as badass as ever. Had a listen through an anthem playlist way back when and I was floored when it started.

kharma45

That was strange. Why doesn't Northern Ireland have their own national anthem?

Because we're a) not technically a country and b) never decided on one. Londonderry Air is often suggested.

We don't even have an official flag bar the Union flag.

Maybe someday.

Bakkus

An annoyance i've noticed this championship and last world cup is that they don't go through the entire team in the national anthem before the switch to the managers and fans, look at how fast they had to go through the rest of the Polish team at the end there.

Syder

No, correct part of Ireland. Half align with Britain, half align with the Republic. Due to the Good Friday agreement someone born in Northern Ireland can have Irish citizenship.
Half is a massive over-estimation of how many Republicans there are north of the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom