• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedrush

Reporting for the new page

UEFA Statement

The UEFA Executive Committee would like to express its disgust for the violent clashes which occurred in the city of Marseille.

"Such unacceptable behaviour by so-called supporters of the national teams of England and Russia has no place in football, a sport we must protect and defend.

"The UEFA Executive Committee has warned both football associations that - irrespective of any decisions taken by the independent disciplinary bodies relating to incidents inside the stadium - it will not hesitate to impose additional sanctions on the Football Association (FA) and the Russian Football Union (RFU), including the potential disqualification of their respective teams from the tournament, should such violence occur again.

"We urge both the FA and the RFU to appeal to their supporters to behave in a responsible and respectful manner.

"We would also like to publicly voice our support for the work of the French Authorities and security forces for their efforts to deliver a safe and secure tournament in challenging circumstances

Kozak

Banned
Croatia played well but Turkey really played like shit.

We played as if it was the 1st game of the qualifiers...

Dissappointed in the senior players on the team. They looked more fucking lost than the younger players.

If we continue playing like this, we're just free 3 points.

Wanchan

I don't like that the England fans are being lumped in with the organized gangs from Russia and nobody says anything about the locals but I guess that's the reputation you get.

Here's a russian gang singing god save the queen : https://twitter.com/emmamurphyitv/status/741641478146002945

Another Russian gang destroying bars and fighting the french police : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Be8qIewyJE

And what about the locals? these animals are destroying their city, of course they'll come at your fans.

GHG

England could learn a thing or two about game management from Croatia.

Lots of breaks in play, slowing play down, play acting, etc. Whatever gets the win I guess.

Alucard

Banned
Bring on my countrymen from Poland. Will this be another disappointing major tournament, or can Lewandowski carry the Polish side to respectability?

1xy6qv0.png

Aegus

If England get kicked out of Euro 2016 then UEFA has to have a "Well you guys wanted out of Europe" somewhere in the statement.

oti

Banned
you like to live dangerously.

Since Greece isn't participating but we watch all the matches anyway we thought about registering at bet and win, just to make things more interesting. Just 1€ per match though. It's just for fun.

Also, did you know bwin offers free tennis live streams? :O

Alucard

Banned
What a sad few days of news...

Gordie Howe dies
Russian and English soccer "fans" can't keep their shit together
A gay nightclub gets shot up in Orlando

Damn it, humans. Don't be dicks.

sora87

The problem with UEFA urging russia and england to tell their fans to stop fighting or the teams will be disqualified is these fans don't care, they came to france for one reason, they don't give a fuck if the teams get DQ'd

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Hakan Calhanoglu might be most overrated player I have ever seen in football. And I say this as a Turk.
I don't think I have ever seen a single good performance from him in all these years and without his free kicks I'm certain he'd still be playing for Hamburg if even that.

Tubie

What a sad few days of news...

Gordie Howe dies
Russian and English soccer "fans" can't keep their shit together
A gay nightclub gets shot up in Orlando

Damn it, humans. Don't be dicks.

Yeah humanity sucks. I just saw the news about Orlando, could not even believe my phone notification about it.

Beefy

Wonder what France will do with Poland, Ukraine and Russia all passing each other in Nice. They badly need to police it right.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It's great to see Wales and Northern Ireland enjoying their achievements in making it back to a big tournament. As a Scot, I'm jealous as hell, but it's great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom