• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So it was Roboleon I have to thank for pushing Venice out of the alliance with France. Thanks, Roboleon!

No problem. I just hope my fleet performs as well against Ottos as it did against Venice. :)

No problem. I just hope my fleet performs as well against Ottos as it did against Venice. :)

Honestly I think you're gonna have a tough time unless KingSnake helps you. The benefit of the Mamluks is that very early into the game, they have a really easy time beating the Ottoman to taking out the fairly rich Anatolian minors and in the naval race. And if you're lucky you can even snipe Constantinople from under them. I actually did the optimal strat for that in the last MP game until toma and Fitz wiped me out.

But you took your time, and the Ottomans got Byzantium, are going to take a chunk out of fanboi and also got to take bits of Anatolia and the Caucasus region. They're not as strong as they could be if they'd have taken Southern Anatolia and the Levant, but they'll still be a challenge for you.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I think you're gonna have a tough time unless KingSnake helps you. The benefit of the Mamluks is that very early into the game, they have a really easy time beating the Ottoman to taking out the fairly rich Anatolian minors and in the naval race. And if you're lucky you can even snipe Constantinople from under them. I actually did the optimal strat for that in the last MP game until toma and Fitz wiped me out.

But you took your time, and the Ottomans got Byzantium, are going to take a chunk out of fanboi and also got to take bits of Anatolia and the Caucasus region. They're not as strong as they could be if they'd have taken Southern Anatolia and the Levant, but they'll still be a challenge for you.

1. Build bigger navy than Ottomans
2. Block straights
3. ???
4. Remove kebab

That's why I said "unless KingSnake helps you". ;)
There's 5 countries I always tend to overestimate (which is probably good cause then I don't underestimate 'em :p) : England, France, Ottomans, Russia and Ming.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm an optimist, I fully believe Fanboi can survive his current war(s) by giving away some land and releasing some things and then when ottomans get caught in a war against robo/kingsnake he can just take everything back and even grow.

Though I don't have much hope for you Uzzy, he's as good as dead.

There's 5 countries I always tend to overestimate (which is probably good cause then I don't underestimate 'em :p) : England, France, Ottomans, Russia and Ming.

Yeah I overestimate all of those but Russia and England.

Like I think I could kill ming at the moment (If they weren't allied to Korea, as Korea alone has 17-20 k men), I have money and soldiers for it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

> no polan

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
> no polan

You don't overestimate Poland, he's always bigger than you think. Even if you feel like you're overestimating him, he's always bigger and stronger.

Not biased after getting crushed by them early game all the time, not at all.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Polan AI tends to poop its pants all the time.

Poland also has the best AI performance I've ever seen in EU4 barring that version where Austria kept forming the HRE. Yes, Poland can derail early but if they reach ADM 10 and still have their PU they are monstrous.

Poland also has the best AI performance I've ever seen in EU4 barring that version where Austria kept forming the HRE. Yes, Poland can derail early but if they reach ADM 10 and still have their PU they are monstrous.

I almost always see Poland crash and burn and lose the PU over LIT.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Believe harder, son

In Egypt, we eat kebab for breakfast

it'll be rough, and I'll need to invest in even more Galleys (10-15) to win against their navy probably, since I have 0 naval power allies that'll join (Tunis will defend Otto - unless I gameplay trick them out of it, which is a bit exploitative to do but whatevs). And of course, even if I block the strait they'll come running over the top side of the Black Sea easy enough now.

On the other hand, there's absolutely no reason not to do it with KS anyway, since Ottos are completely blocking him from progressing north to westernize now, but then I probably don't even have to block the strait

Uzzy

Wish I saw some of that performance this game. I had relied on them in all my test games, and they performed well, helping me smash the Teutons even without the PU.

But nope, this game they decided to commit suicide twice. I was impressed, especially the second time when they conceded three provinces to the Teutons while on the brink of victory.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I agree with this. I had a lot of games where they form Commonwealth and they become practically unbeatable.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Wish I saw some of that performance this game. I had relied on them in all my test games, and they performed well, helping me smash the Teutons even without the PU.

But nope, this game they decided to commit suicide twice. I was impressed, especially the second time when they conceded three provinces to the Teutons while on the brink of victory.

Test games are for pussies! Blind is the only way
especially since I dont care to get all those expansions

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was sleepy while waiting for a doctor's appointment and had this fever dream of ~Paradox - Doki Doki HRE High!~, an EU4 dating sim where the HRE is reimagined with animu girls.

OPMs are the freshmen and sophomores, Great Powers are the juniors and seniors, Electors are the student government and Austria is the principal.

I'm not sure where Kebab fits into this but Blue Blob is the neighboring magnet school trying to poach students from the HRE.

Castille is an all girls school and Aragon is an all guys school but the two schools merge into a single co-ed school eventually.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I forgot about Hetalia what a stupid racist show that was.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzzy is already playing that EU4 version

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So are we continuing this one?

Are people just going to drop or are they choosing to play as other nations?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, at least Morfeo told me he's not giving up yet, I hope fanboi follows his example. And I don't want to quit before I've had my showdown with the Ottos at least. My sultana will show that wannabe emperor of Constantinople who's the real bitch Sultan.

And there's really no point in starting over before Cossacks anyway

Morfeo

I hope Uzzy and Fanboi continue too, feels kinda pointless as a mp-game, if only RA, Stefan and a very weakened me is left in Europe. When I choose Savoy, I had no late-game ambitions (if I had, I would have choosen a stronger nation), so it is now this game needs to be interesting, which it is increasingly looking as it wont be now that Europe is getting emptied out. Which means, I am continuing if the AI doesnt ruin my nation today, but Im not sure how much longer it makes sense to continue this when what makes this interesting, the mp-part of it, is getting lost. So Fanboi and Uzzy - dont give up!

Uzzy

Sure, continuing as the punching bag for what is now five neighbouring countries sure sounds like a fun way of spending my Wednesday and Sunday evenings.

Morfeo

Sure, continuing as the punching bag for what is now five neighbouring countries sure sounds like a fun way of spending my Wednesday and Sunday evenings.

You wont have to continue as the punching bag though, take inspiration from how RA handled his coalition war!

Morfeo

Even though it always goes against me when people change into countries in my region, I would not object to him changing to Hansa just to keep him. What about Fanboi? Hungary should be savable?

Morfeo

Its in Europe. Considering your alliance with Uzzy would probably be kept if he moved to Hansa, it surely has a potential negative effect for me if I manage to survive. I still want him to stay for the human agency and interesting scenarios that comes with that though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think he means in the sense like when Fanboi switched to Hungary and immediately allied you and helped you fight France to make you an even stronger rival for him. :p

Morfeo

Mostly Kingsnake changing to Austria, just to immediately block me off in the north in the first game.

Uzzy

If I wanted to play as the TO or the Hansa I'd have picked them from the start. Picking them now after they've gotten big feels like cheating. Especially as I helped both of them get big!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If I wanted to play as the TO or the Hansa I'd have picked them from the start. Picking them now after they've gotten big feels like cheating. Especially as I helped both of them get big!

Just admit that the real reason is that their waifus are not kawaii uguu~~ enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom