• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's better to suck with Ming than to suck a Ming, if you know what I mean

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I don't know if you can truly say HE sucks with Ming. I've done a few attempts at Tibet V. Ming for anti historical lulz and (while they were some of my first attempts and I ended failing miserably by getting greedy) Ming was just so free. Everyone hates them. I could take so much land from them and they take one back I could get people to war them with me.

It's just free territory for their neighbours to slowly gobble up.

Fitz

huge-mistake.gif

Looking at today's final dev diary for AoW, I'm 100% going to swap nation. Pretty much all of Crimea's major neighbours are stronger now than they were before, want to get out of that region.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
can't really work out if Kazan is still viable. They have some extra provinces, and Nogai looks to have been nerfed, but on the other hand, they're no longer the Tatar cultural union, which makes things tough, plus the Golden Horde has been put on steroids.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
huge-mistake.gif

Looking at today's final dev diary for AoW, I'm 100% going to swap nation. Pretty much all of Crimea's major neighbours are stronger now than they were before, want to get out of that region.

link please? nevermind: found it on the paradox forum :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
reading through the diaries. Lots of smart improvements. A thing like the new terrain indicators in regions and maps will make combat a lot easier to plan out and oversee.

wow, I also love what they done with the war leader change indicators. The opacity of this as it is now has lead to a lot of hilarious war escalations.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I have to check how much the changes done to annexing impact my Burgundy game. I might be forced to become as peaceful as Morfeo if I don't want to wait for ever to expand.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I have a feeling this MP game will last until the end of the Thirty Years’ War, unless most of the players join the same side.

Kabouter

I have to check how much the changes done to annexing impact my Burgundy game. I might be forced to become as peaceful as Morfeo if I don't want to wait for ever to expand.

I don't know how it is with diplo-annexation, but Burgundy is stronger than it was.

can't really work out if Kazan is still viable. They have some extra provinces, and Nogai looks to have been nerfed, but on the other hand, they're no longer the Tatar cultural union, which makes things tough, plus the Golden Horde has been put on steroids.

Kazan is not easy, but it wasn't in the previous version either. It certainly didn't get nerfed the way Crimea did, but obviously with Golden Horde's newfound strength, there is a challenge there.

It's not going to impact our current country selection, they said. :p

Not for most. The only chosen nations severely impacted by changes are mine and Fitz's, and crab's to a lesser degree. Everybody else either got better or is at about the same level of strength. (most people's countries are about as strong as they were in the past)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, it did (well, not quite as bad, but still fucked). You can't hire foreign troops from foreign cores any more, so you're stuck with Horde units until you reform. No-reform strategies are just not viable any more. Also, looking carefully, Kazan's expansion routes have definitely been shut down - I wouldn't rush the new Golden Horde, they look scary.

EDIT: There are marginal effects on everyone. The fact that Burgundy's trade is now a ton more contested is a significant nerf, and England's buffs also cut down on expansion routes/wealth opportunities. France now has to chase Burgundy/England more actively if it really wants to get wealthy, and with Castile, England, and Austria buffed, France also has more opposition. Aragon is now in a much worse position, because Castile has that 15% morale which is pretty crazy so early in the game. Ditto for an expansionist Portugal. All of Eastern Europe are marginally affected insofar as Lithuania received some significant buffs with more provinces and more importantly more coastal provinces, meaning Poland is now in a much better position. But yeah, the major impacts are only really on players not in Western or Eastern-tech groups.

Kabouter

Actually, it did (well, not quite as bad, but still fucked). You can't hire foreign troops from foreign cores any more, so you're stuck with Horde units until you reform. No-reform strategies are just not viable any more. Also, looking carefully, Kazan's expansion routes have definitely been shut down - I wouldn't rush the new Golden Horde, they look scary.

You could always switch to Golden Horde (or Uzbek) if Fitz is moving elsewhere anyway.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You could always switch to Golden Horde (or Uzbek) if Fitz is moving elsewhere anyway.

I was actually strongly considering jumping to the Golden Horde, not going to lie.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
All of Eastern Europe are marginally affected insofar as Lithuania received some significant buffs with more provinces and more importantly more coastal provinces, meaning Poland is now in a much better position. But yeah, the major impacts are only really on players not in Western or Eastern-tech groups.

evil-o.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
it'll just make the d1 coalition war against poland by every single eastern european power that much more satisfying

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The Golden Horde has a lot of things going for it. It starts out with the ability to conquer two nearby gold mines: the one in Circassia and also the core it already has on Samara. Those are definitely worth owning, even if you have to deal with lots of inflation. If the 25% autonomy thing is true (and I haven't seen any developer corroborate it), the hordes will need all the ducats they can get. High autonomy is even more debilitating than the culture changes, because with enough conquests those cultures will be accepted anyway.

The foreign unit thing is going to completely change how hordes play though. You can probably still get away with an unreformed horde in single player, but it's going to be almost impossible to do it in multiplayer. There are not enough soldiers you can throw into a battle against another player to make up for the unit deficit.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
it'll just make the d1 coalition war against poland by every single eastern european power that much more satisfying

St. Raymond of Penyafort does not approve

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I love how EU4 players infiltrate and take over most foreign policy/international relations thread on Off-Topic. Nothing better than wandering into conversations about ISIS to find people discussing Muscovy and Poland-Lithuania.

Kabouter

I love how EU4 players infiltrate and take over most foreign policy/international relations thread on Off-Topic. Nothing better than wandering into conversations about ISIS to find people discussing Muscovy and Poland-Lithuania.

When people take positions that fit more with the various Holy Leagues than with modern society, I really shouldn't be expected to go in with a serious response :p.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
When people take positions that fit more with the various Holy Leagues than with modern society, I really shouldn't be expected to go in with a serious response :p.

I'm tempted to go into the next thread about Obama's failings and insist that wickedness must be stamped out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
best part is the guy who thought TDM was serious about expelling the Turks from Constantinople, or Byzantium as it really should be called.

WHAT A WACKO, that tiddums

fanboi

Banned
I will rename Three provinces next game.

Kabouter

Sucks

Balls

then start religious converstion in order so the pop up will remind me that Kabouter sucks balls

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well the independence vote failed so....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The return of the Iberian Swastika.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The hell is going on with that Europe?

Spain had no heir and entered in a personal union with Austria who integrated them in the end. Then they formed the Holy Roman Empire. France was my ally.

Americas were even more interesting:

You don't always see Austria/HRE involved in so damn many colonial wars. That's how I got Galicia in the end.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The return of the Iberian Swastika.

We should have done a megacampaign and carried on to V2. Hispania would have shown you the true meaning of lebensraum.

In Catalan, it means "The Way of Peace And Harmony For All Nations"

EDIT: Woah, is that a stealth Silesia I see in the corner of that screenshot? Impressed, never see them around.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are we still aiming on starting this Sunday (Nov 1st) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom