• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Still people around who could annex me, including some who voted for the option favouring that. :p Also, pretty sure I can't remove this poll and add a new one that allows you to vote again.

noticed for the first time you can click and see who voted what

we have lurkers? or are those people from the early sessions?

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
If I fight this war to win it or to even white peace out of it, I will probably end up bankrupt in the end. So I will try to peace out fast, by giving up Switzerland and whatever they want to take.

As for HRE, I had still truce with France until the very last moment, so no other way to expand. Plus the emperor was my ally and very weak, so it was the best moment. I had a chance of going away with it and almost did (the coalition is really old now, but the AE just goes away too damn slow).
It would have helped, though, to have already weakened France to the point that they're no longer a huge threat. Because right now that coalition minus a strong France would be a lot less dangerous. But of course that would have taken multiple wars over many decades, not something you could have done to avoid the coalition now. I assume Switzerland must be worth at least 40 or 50 war score. Losing that vassal would be a minor setback but nothing extreme.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We should Pm the lurkers next time we start a new session. Try and grow our numbers. Imagine how disgustingly treacherous a 100% player Europe would be.

Kabouter

We should Pm the lurkers next time we start a new session. Try and grow our numbers. Imagine how disgustingly treacherous a 100% player Europe would be.
You and fanboi can only backstab so many people though, you would really have to pace yourselves

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's going to be hard to backstab when everyone's eyes are trained on you.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You and fanboi can only backstab so many people though, you would really have to pace yourselves

We can be two Irish minors and furiously backstab each other, that way it'll be historical.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Like a snake eating its own tail.

You will stab each other in the back in a twisted ouroboros of treachery.

Forever.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Forever.

Yup, that's the history of Ireland, up until the part England frontstabs everyone.

Fitz

It's going to be hard to backstab when everyone's eyes are trained on you.

We can be two Irish minors and furiously backstab each other, that way it'll be historical.

That's why I'm in Asia. I don't trust any of you backstabbers.

Forever.

Yup, that's the history of Ireland, up until the part England frontstabs everyone.

2a7a0_1310235.jpg

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Does anyone know whether the extra reduction in local autonomy from certain government forms applies in war or only peace time? For instance, if I switch to administrative monarchy, will my local autonomy go down by .1 in war and .2 in peace, or only the latter?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
At least I'm pretty straight forward with my stabbing. So I stab with a pure heart. #stab4danzig

Uhm, guys... My house internet kinda died today (great birthday present), so unless that's fixed tomorrow I'm gonna have to skip again >_>

Maybe Crab has time to sit in this time?

Fitz

Does anyone know whether the extra reduction in local autonomy from certain government forms applies in war or only peace time? For instance, if I switch to administrative monarchy, will my local autonomy go down by .1 in war and .2 in peace, or only the latter?

The extra reduction still works during war, makes the Iqta government that a lot of Arab nations start with really nice.

Fitz

Completely random, but where does your username come from?
It always reminds me of this:

That's actually exactly it. I wanted the name Fitz, (see my avatar) but some dude who's never posted nabbed the name before me. Didn't have any other ideas at the time and there was a Colgate advert on TV. Been meaning to request a name change for a while, was concerned that the 3 people that recognise me would be lost though. :p

Wow, I have my own fans and a forum though, don't need you guys anymore!

Kabouter

Oh, by the way, because of Christmas, the last session I will be able to host this year will be on the 17th. After that, the soonest I can host again is January 4th. So if people want to continue straight on after the 17th, I'll send the save to someone then (you guys can decide who of course) and drop out. If not, of course we'll continue in January :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh, by the way, because of Christmas, the last session I will be able to host this year will be on the 17th. After that, the soonest I can host again is January 4th. So if people want to continue straight on after the 17th, I'll send the save to someone then (you guys can decide who of course) and drop out. If not, of course we'll continue in January :)

Nah, Christmas Break is fine by me. Too much to do and inconvenient things with fami-something people. =p

fanboi

Banned

No problemos for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

sounds good to me. I'll be away most of that period as well

Uzzy

Continuing in January after a christmas break sounds fine.

smjanssen

Sounds good. Will be away for pretty much the same period

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Nah, let's enjoy the Christmas break and come back fresh to backstab each other.

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

I didn't expect that war to happen, but the end result was rather positive. So the first Holy League war kicked off, Protestants vs Catholics. Naturally, as Venice is a proud Catholic nation, we joined in with the Protestants, which lead to the rather amusing sight of the Papacy fighting for the supremacy of Protestantism. (And yes, Roma keeps being converted to the Protestant faith, thanks to a centre of reform in Tuscany)

The start of the war was a bit worrying, with Austria and Milan having some doom stacks around lead by 3 star generals, but my mercenary horde was raised and promptly waited for a window of opportunity. Such a window was provided by France, who marched into the HRE in an unrelated war and did what the BBB does best, namely killing everything that moves. So once they were finished with that, the carpet sieging began. Bohemia rather kindly gave me Brescia back and freed Mantua, as well as generally weakening Milan. Which is wonderful. The war was won and the dominant faith of the HRE was changed to Protestantism, and Baden became the new Emperor.

Weak Milan, weak Emperor and a weak Austria. I love it. The night ended with a quick war against the newly freed Mantua, Baden and Milan, with the carpet sieges already underway.

Provinces Gained: Brescia
Provinces Lost: None!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
...Fitz, are you trying to form the Mughals?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You mean Mgo, but yeah, that was what I was thinking as well. His expansion pattern is incredibly particular :p

I do? I thought mgo was Morocco?

EDIT: woah, they're the other way rouuuuund

mind_blown.gif

EDIT 2: also Christ that is an ugly Ming someone do something - Kab, you're nearest

fanboi

Banned
Great Britian AAR:

Nothing really happend.

A nasty bug, aka I cant protect trade in my home trade node when I am in a truce with Burgundy... affects my economy.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poland AAR:

Summary:

Made a deal with Brandenburg, which secures peace in our time! I think the diplomat responsible for the negotiations was called Tsjambrlainskij, and the Polish people are forever grateful for his heroic work! Long may he live! Unfortunately the bureaucrats responsible for handling the transition of Danzig to Poland didn't show the same excellency in their work, but they should be done with their paper-work rather soon.

Apart from that not much happened. I grabbed Serbia as a Vassal, since the Ottos had to release it after failing in a war against the Mamluks. Clearly the Mamluks are still drenched in the spirit of Morfeo!

Vassals gained: Serbia

Kabouter

I do? I thought mgo was Morocco?

EDIT: woah, they're the other way rouuuuund

mind_blown.gif

EDIT 2: also Christ that is an ugly Ming someone do something - Kab, you're nearest
Yeah, I decided earlier I was going to give attacking Ming a shot because I am insane. So uh, wish me luck on Sunday :p

CloudWolf

Scandinavia AAR:

I colonized some more, but I'm horribly lagging behind fanboi because of his three colonists. So I tried a new way and went on a indian killing spree.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Burgundy AAR

I got absurd requests from the coalition war. Releasing Holland or Hainaut? Really? I understand giving up to provinces recently conquered or made vasal, but provinces that I have cores on since the beginning of the game? That's a joke. Also accepting nothing outside of 100% score since the beginning of the war is kind of a joke.

Anyhow, I'm pretty much done for this game, I will continue to play, but I don't have too many options really.

Provinces lost: Barrois, Münster, Gelre and 2 to Savoy.
Vassals lost: Switzerland

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Odds are this game will probably not survive past Christmas as it is. 1.9 is arriving very soon and what with the new crisis system and all it looks to be a fair change up. I don't think many people will want to keep restoring the beta to continue MP with older mechanics. You should just DoW everyone for the hell of it and go out in style. :p

Kabouter

Odds are this game will probably not survive past Christmas as it is. 1.9 is arriving very soon and what with the new crisis system and all it looks to be a fair change up. I don't think many people will want to keep restoring the beta to continue MP with older mechanics. You should just DoW everyone for the hell of it and go out in style. :p

Save loads and runs fine in 1.9 beta.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
damn, Kabouter just missed out on the The Spice must flow achievement

yeah I know, we don't play Ironman mode in MP

Kabouter

damn, Kabouter just missed out on the The Spice must flow achievement

yeah I know, we don't play Ironman mode in MP

That one is easy as hell anyway compared to some of the others. Conquering all Germanic culture provinces as Theodoro, smh. Paradox are sadists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom