• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Right, just a tiny little vassal there. :p And no one in HRE seems to care enough about it to go to war against you. While you are sodomizing HRE through Friesland.

That tiny little gold producing vassal that's right on Venice's border? Yup, certainly no one in the HRE cares enough to go to war over that.

Uzzy

Is there a change log somewhere? Can't seem to find anything.

None that I've found yet. There's a video here talking about the changes, but here's what I took from it.

Disasters: Basically things like the Peasant War, War of the Roses etc. The conditions for those to trigger and to get rid of them are better explained to the player.
More national ideas for Canada, Quebec, Mexico, SE Asian countries.
More/expanded dynamic historical events for several countries, including Venice and Poland.
Trade fleets going to the same trade node auto merge.
Colonies on the same continent as your capital have to be cored now.

Fitz

Trade fleets going to the same trade node auto merge.

Qo8KipS.gif

Uzzy

Oh good, I was hoping for another nerf on same continent colonization.

I think they mentioned a reduced cost to it, but I'm not sure.

Edit: They've removed the minimum 50% autonomy too, for colonies on the same continent. There's also a reduced cost to coring.

Should have made that clearer before!

Fitz

I think they mentioned a reduced cost to it, but I'm not sure.

Edit: They've removed the minimum 50% autonomy too, for colonies on the same continent. There's also a reduced cost to coring.

Should have made that clearer before!

Posted the gif too early it seems.

Kabouter

If they removed that, then I hope the provinces that previously already got the cap will now start to drop below 50% over time. Otherwise, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Mr Andersson, someone posted a AAR where they succeeded as ROTW!"
"What? NERF EVERYTHING NOW (except Europe)."

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh, I need to finish my Kongo game before the new patch. But this is such a bullshit, should I rather go to South America instead of colonizing Africa?

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
"Mr Andersson, someone posted a AAR where they succeeded as ROTW!"
"What? NERF EVERYTHING NOW (except Europe)."
I think the Inca (and pretty much any non-European country) is much better to play now than it was at launch. Removing the points penalty was a huge boon. Having to core colonies is trivial by comparison, especially because otherwise it's adm-free land.

Kabouter

Pussied out of attacking Ming, did take some stuff from Khmer/Lan Xang, but I feel like I'm really stagnating compared to other players.

I did create the awesome colonial nation of Boomshakamalacca in Australia though!

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

So, the session started with the successful end to my war with Mantua. Mantua was annexed, Cremona was taken from Milan, along with war reparations from Milan, Bavaria and Baden. I don't need the money, but it's still lovely and humiliating to take from those nations. Milan didn't take that too well, starting a coalition against me and finding friends amongst several other OPM's in Italy. Well, it's too late for them now.

I then noticed that the Ottomans were trying to challenge my naval supremacy, by parking 80 Galleys on my doorstep. Venetian shipwrights got quickly to work, pumping out galley after galley, and I was rewarded with a wonderful admiral, Carlo Poscini (I think?), with great stats.

Plans were put in motion, and our Commonwealth allies declared war on the Ottomans. Venice's fleet once again showed they were masters of the mediterranean, by sinking the Ottoman's doom fleet, then blockading everything around, before hunting down the remnants of the Ottoman fleet hiding in the Crimea. Over 120 enemy ships were sunk by the war's end. Again, a mercenary horde was raised, but it was mostly the Commonwealth armies who dealt with the Ottoman's on land. Eventually the carpet siege began, with the end result of the Ottoman's hold on Europe being shrunk down to only seven provinces.

Great result there, and all of Venice's starting possessions are once again in our control.

Provinces Gained: Mantua, Cremona, Corfu, Naxos, Albania
Provinces Lost: None!

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Pussied out of attacking Ming, did take some stuff from Khmer/Lan Xang, but I feel like I'm really stagnating compared to other players.

I did create the awesome colonial nation of Boomshakamalacca in Australia though!
Boomshakamalacca is the colonial nation you should have played last time, if only to see that name sprawled across North America.

fanboi

Banned
GB AAR:

Took Friesland, feed my vassal some provinces from Austria and Switzerland.

DoW on Brittany where France is having a nice time in Espanol.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Commonwealth AAR:

Summary:

Main things that happened was that the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was finally founded, and that the first follow-up war on the Ottoman Empire and Crimea (R.I.P) was concluded.

Provinces gained: Gdansk, Vidin, Sofia, Tarnovo, Silistria, Burgas, Crimea, Theodoro, Kuban, Azaraba.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
AAR Burgundy

Paying loans and some payback. Waiting for the big war against the monstruous coalition GB-FR-SCA. Because I know it will come.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
AAR Burgundy

Paying loans and some payback. Waiting for the big war against the monstruous coalition GB-FR-SCA. Because I know it will come.

If I were SCA, I'd be more worried about dat PLC. So sexy, so stronk, so space.

Kabouter

If I were SCA, I'd be more worried about dat PLC. So sexy, so stronk, so space.

...why? Scandinavia should be worried about Brandenburg and its massive Hanseatic vassal, given that Scandinavia is as obvious a place for expanding for Brandenburg as Burgundy is.

Fitz

...why? Scandinavia should be worried about Brandenburg and its massive Hanseatic vassal, given that Scandinavia is as obvious a place for expanding for Brandenburg as Burgundy is.

Should they? Big alliance up there. Besides, this round has shown that obvious expansion paths are often avoided by players when dealing with other players.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Coalition war consisting of, amongst others, France and Castile.

War started by Brittany. Because it makes so much sense for Brittany to hate on/be threaten by anyone else but France. And maybe GB. And now of course GB is stumping Brittany while France is kicking Castille in the balls.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I fucking hate the message system! Why do they pop up messages on top of the others? Don't bring it to front, damn it! Leave it in the background.

In my SP game I just accepted a war against the Ottomans because the message popped up on top on another one that I wanted to click. There goes my Ironman game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There is no way Brandyburg can assault Scandinavia unless Novgorod gives him miltary access. How in gods name would he cross the Baltic?

Kabouter

There is no way Brandyburg can assault Scandinavia unless Novgorod gives him miltary access. How in gods name would he cross the Baltic?

Would you even have to? I mean, Scandinavia can't do shit, and Brandenburg can occupy a portion of them for a loooong time. Bet you that war exhaustion is going to annoy Scandinavia a lot sooner than anything affects Brandenburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom