• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Scandinavia's fleet is going to tramp on any attempt at transport boats. Not to mention the war score from blockades. Brandy also has some nasty rebels, so any long war will affect them as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would you even have to? I mean, Scandinavia can't do shit, and Brandenburg can occupy a portion of them for a loooong time. Bet you that war exhaustion is going to annoy Scandinavia a lot sooner than anything affects Brandenburg.
With a full blockade, Scandy will be free to launch coastal raids wherever he pleases. The advantage still liees with Brandenburg of course, but its going to be a long and grueling war for him more so than Scandy, who has no real micro requirements.

And itll leave him open to attack. I'm sure there are players just waiting for a distraction.

Kabouter

With a full blockade, Scandy will be free to launch coastal raids wherever he pleases. The advantage still liees with Brandenburg of course, but its going to be a long and grueling war for him more so than Scandy, who has no real micro requirements.

And itll leave him open to attack. I'm sure there are players just waiting for a distraction.

What raids? Scandinavia lands with troops, Brandenburg smacks them around, Scandinavia takes lots of WE and Brandenburg laughs? It takes aaaages for troops to embark and disembark, and it doesn't take very long to walk troops across Germany.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm pretty sure Scandinavia has or will get military access through Novgorod and GB, so it has quite a range of options for raids, besides disembarking directly from sea.

Kabouter

I'm pretty sure Scandinavia has or will get military access through Novgorod and GB, so it has quite a range of options for raids, besides disembarking directly from sea.

I'd sooner expect Novgorod to use the opportunity to rid itself of a potential threat on its flanks.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
In an ideal world, yes.Though, in this MP world Novgorod, Poland and Scandinavia attacked Brandyburg against the same logic.

I swear it was the message system that caused that

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
My penis > yours combined

With ~20 players, I struggle to see how your 10 foot penis is something to boost about. You must faint at the sight of a pretty Morfeo.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
With ~20 players, I struggle to see how your 10 foot penis is something to boost about. You must faint at the sight of a pretty Morfeo.

*hands you post-of-the-day award*

Uzzy

If you chaps up north want to keep fighting, go for it. Venice will happily pay for your wars against one another.

CloudWolf

I'm sure I could keep Brandenburg out of my main lands pretty effectively, but I can't beat them in a land war.

Anyway, I unfortunately can't join tonight. I have a meeting and I most likely won't be back before 11 PM.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure I could keep Brandenburg out of my main lands pretty effectively, but I can't beat them in a land war.

Anyway, I unfortunately can't join tonight. I have a meeting and I most likely won't be back before 11 PM.

Sometimes I suspect you're missing sessions just to delay the inevitable Brandenburg steamroll.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Cant you play for him?

I'm actually giving a presentation and a workshop in Cardiff to some school kids tonight, teaching them about British Parliamentary format. I would otherwise.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
1.9 patch notes said:
- Can now only transfer occupation of non wargoal provinces to countries that control an adjacent province or have a core or claim on it.

Does this mean no more infinite vassal feeding?

1.9 said:
- Subjects can no longer declare war with their own subjects' wargoals.

What does this mean? No more CB from vassals?

image.php

D'aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww

perfect avatar for it!

smjanssen

Does this mean no more infinite vassal feeding?

What does this mean?

image.php

D'aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww

perfect avatar for it!

No, it just means that the nation you want to transfer control to needs to occupy a province next to the one you've just sieged, so no problem with vassal-feeding

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I think Morfeo gave up on the game too easily. The Mamluks have recovered surprisingly well and even took some land back from the Ottomans (though their situation is hopeless now since they're surrounded by three players).

Kabouter

I think Morfeo gave up on the game too easily. The Mamluks have recovered surprisingly well and even took some land back from the Ottomans (though their situation is hopeless now since they're surrounded by three players).

Haha yeah, he'd be doing fine if he'd stayed around. Oman probably not though :+

fanboi

Banned
I was thinking of one way to spice the game up, well maybe atleast.

How about we create "mindsets" that we hand out to each player like "You should be a cunning warmongerer that isnt afraid to stab your friends in the back" then you have to follow this description in the game? :D

Of course we need someone that isnt in the game to hand them out but that is easy.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I was thinking of one way to spice the game up, well maybe atleast.

How about we create "mindsets" that we hand out to each player like "You should be a cunning warmongerer that isnt afraid to stab your friends in the back" then you have to follow this description in the game? :D

Of course we need someone that isnt in the game to hand them out but that is easy.

Ahahaha, so you want to blame your behavior on someone else.

Kabouter

My country is in meltdown because of that dumbass king I had for ages who had 0 for admin. You know your king was bad when a bloody regency council feels like an upgrade. Still, look forward to a Malayan civil war next session. Yay.

Mgoblue201

Haha yeah, he'd be doing fine if he'd stayed around. Oman probably not though :+
The Mamluks AI has been surprisingly resilient. They gave Uzzy a lot of trouble and sent the entire Ottoman army packing when they tried to invade. If Morfeo was still in the game, it would definitely be more interesting, with a lot of competition for east Africa.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Successfully westernized while Catholic.

HAW

Mgoblue201

The westernization events have been timid so far. I keep getting the event that gives me -1 unrest, at the cost of 10% national income. That's a really good trade off. The worst thing to occur was that awful -30 legitimacy event, which made me vulnerable to the internal conflict disaster for a long time. Fortunately, that never ticked above 50%, and now I'm only a few months away from finishing westernization with enough points to tech up my military and diplomacy.

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

Fuck the Mamluks. Fuck em hard.

So I DOWed the freed nation of Achaea and bought Thessaly off Qara Qoyunlu after they westernised, then decided that trying to find a route to India the direct way would be a great idea. Claims were made, and the glorious Venetian Marine Corps charged onto the beaches of Egypt. The early stages went well, until the Mamluks doubled their army and wiped out my 40k large army. What a mess. The Venetian nobles seemed to think poorly of my performance, and rebelled against me, taking Venice itself before the rebellion was put down. The only thing that worked was the Mamluk navy foolish deciding to leave port, and getting entirely destroyed.

Driven by a sense of revenge (and stubbornness), I rebuilt my army and raised another mercenary horde, and started attacking from Moroccan land. It was slow going, as I spent most of the time avoiding combat with the Mamluk forces while trying to siege provinces, but eventually they ran away. Clearly this was out of fear of Venice's wrath, and nothing at all to do with the Ottoman's attacking them through Syria.

Provinces Gained: Achaea, Thessaly
Provinces Lost: None (thankfully)

Kabouter

The westernization events have been timid so far. I keep getting the event that gives me -1 unrest, at the cost of 10% national income. That's a really good trade off. The worst thing to occur was that awful -30 legitimacy event, which made me vulnerable to the internal conflict disaster for a long time. Fortunately, that never ticked above 50%, and now I'm only a few months away from finishing westernization with enough points to tech up my military and diplomacy.

My westernization was nothing but stab hits, legitimacy/prestige hits (finished westernization with 9 legitimacy and -80 prestige) and large rebel stacks, so you definitely got lucky there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom