• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
My westernization was nothing but stab hits, legitimacy/prestige hits (finished westernization with 9 legitimacy and -80 prestige) and large rebel stacks, so you definitely got lucky there.
I did have two stab hits during westernization. The first time I received a nasty event to either lose stability or increase autonomy in several of my provinces. I just took the stability loss. Then my ruler died immediately after that. (On the other hand, I received a +1 stability event just as I was about to start westernizing, so I only had to buy it back twice and not three times - that was very lucky). My vassal Delhi is also a mess. They have low legitimacy, negative stability, and almost no religious unity. I've already had to fight off several 22k rebel stacks in their territory. I'm just going to recover their cores and integrate them, because they can't even properly convert their provinces.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My animist vassal became protestant a few months before I was going to vassalize them.

Why!?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anything seen a disaster yet? fanboi's sense of honour doesn't count.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I think Morfeo gave up on the game too easily. The Mamluks have recovered surprisingly well and even took some land back from the Ottomans (though their situation is hopeless now since they're surrounded by three players).

This is definitely true. I just lost all motivation after 1. That infamous war, 2. The fucking lag on my old laptop that needs to be replaced. 3. How the european powers didnt care to help, and 4. How I couldnt join the next two sessions either - and my mameluk land was once again occupied by ottos.

On the other hand, I have used the time wisely to get rid of some backlog (Child of Light, Beneath a Steel Sky, Demons Crest, Goonies 2, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Power Blade, Skyblazer and working on Earthbound now). I will definitely be back for our next game though - and remember your help!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anything seen a disaster yet? fanboi's sense of honour doesn't count.

I was hit with the civil war, hundreds of rebels and needed to get above 90 legitimacy to get rid of it. Thankfully, the disaster also gave me events to raise my legitimacy again, but it was super costly. Pretty sure I spent around 500 ADM points and 1500 ducats for the corresponding choices which raised my legitimacy from 20 to 90.

CloudWolf

I was hit with the civil war, hundreds of rebels and needed to get above 90 legitimacy to get rid of it. Thankfully, the disaster also gave me events to raise my legitimacy again, but it was super costly. Pretty sure I spent around 500 ADM points and 1500 ducats for the corresponding choices which raised my legitimacy.
That's harsh.

Mgoblue201

This is definitely true. I just lost all motivation after 1. That infamous war, 2. The fucking lag on my old laptop that needs to be replaced. 3. How the european powers didnt care to help, and 4. How I couldnt join the next two sessions either - and my mameluk land was once again occupied by ottos.

On the other hand, I have used the time wisely to get rid of some backlog (Child of Light, Beneath a Steel Sky, Demons Crest, Goonies 2, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Power Blade, Skyblazer and working on Earthbound now). I will definitely be back for our next game though - and remember your help!
Roboleon and Uzzy did help out later on. Actually, we were planning to attack the Ottomans together, but instead they attacked Venice first. That was a terrible mistake for them.

Uzzy

Roboleon and Uzzy did help out later on. Actually, we were planning to attack the Ottomans together, but instead they attacked Venice first. That was a terrible mistake for them.

Especially as it brought France and Castile into the war. That was amusing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
We could probably have helped out earlier as well, morfeo. But "refused to help out" in your sense means "weren't keen on instantly jumping totally unprepared in a non-agreed to and non-planned war without CB, while having zero manpower from a previous huge war, because I was in trouble after vassalising all the anatolian minors." ;)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The war lasted a whole session, it would have been easy for you guys to plan ahead and join after a few years with decent power.

But honestly, the thing that irritated me the most about that was how you guys went to war against Hungary, effectively killing any chance of opening a second front. During the few training sessions I had, every war with the ottomans were won by just waiting for the opening of such a front, but your move killed off that opportunity. Of course I understand you didnt want to join totally unprepared into the war with zero manpower and no planning at the start. However, the war lasted for a whole session - it would have been very easy to join in eventually and completely crush them instead of that hungarian war.

Anyways, I am not blaming you guys - I am just explaining why I lost my motivation :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Not going to make it on time tonight, if anyone knows somebody who could at least peace out of the war I'm in that would be awesome. Send a pm if so

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Really sorry, Rob, I'm in Birmingham right now. :(

Fitz

Can't believe I made such a bonehead move, been so long since I've had to worry about overextension that it didn't even register with me. Enjoy:

LEGrrrE.jpg

Fitz for France 2015!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Bonehead number 2 here. I guess I should have read about broken country.

And all of this because that damn 0/0/4 king (that didn't allow me to get my damn stability up for ages) and a shinny 5/5/2 pretender. :(

Edit: nobody takes France from me!

Haly

I wish I was there.

So I could lay waste to Party Town.

CloudWolf

Bonehead number 2 here. I guess I should have read about broken country.

And all of this because that damn 0/0/4 king (that didn't allow me to get my damn stability up for ages) and a shinny 5/5/2 pretender. :(

Edit: nobody takes France from me!

And a year after you quit, Burgundy has been resized to an OPM. What a game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just for fun,here is a map of the current war situation, which Brandenburg started:

Why the hell did you start that war, Jazz. Insane ._.

Mgoblue201

The war lasted a whole session, it would have been easy for you guys to plan ahead and join after a few years with decent power.

But honestly, the thing that irritated me the most about that was how you guys went to war against Hungary, effectively killing any chance of opening a second front. During the few training sessions I had, every war with the ottomans were won by just waiting for the opening of such a front, but your move killed off that opportunity. Of course I understand you didnt want to join totally unprepared into the war with zero manpower and no planning at the start. However, the war lasted for a whole session - it would have been very easy to join in eventually and completely crush them instead of that hungarian war.

Anyways, I am not blaming you guys - I am just explaining why I lost my motivation :)
Venice is in the best position to defeat the Ottomans early in the game due to their superior fleet. They can basically do it solo.

Anyway, that was a crazy game. Two players eliminated and Jazz takes on all of Europe.

Toma

Venice is in the best position to defeat the Ottomans early in the game due to their superior fleet. They can basically do it solo.

Anyway, that was a crazy game. Two players eliminated and Jazz takes on all of Europe.

I was tempted too, but I dont really see any benefit of warring in Europe for myself. That screenshot above would look even crazier with players from eastern america all the way to eastern asia as opponents.

Mgoblue201

Why the hell did you start that war, Jazz. Insane ._.
I think Jazz only started the war against Britain. Venice declared a separate war and brought in France. I have no idea how the Commonwealth joined. He will probably lose a few provinces to Uzzy (I don't know how the war against fanboi is going, but it was only at -1 last time I checked). Otherwise, it probably appears worse than it actually is.

By the way, I was thinking about attacking the Ottomans. Any chance you would want to declare war on the Golden Horde?

fanboi

Banned
I think Jazz only started the war against Britain. Venice declared a separate war and brought in France. I have no idea how the Commonwealth joined. He will probably lose a few provinces to Uzzy (I don't know how the war against fanboi is going, but it was only at -1 last time I checked). Otherwise, it probably appears worse than it actually is.

By the way, I was thinking about attacking the Ottomans. Any chance you would want to declare war on the Golden Horde?

Jazz DoW against me I brought Scandinacia and France... I assume the war happened due to me being quick with the war against new miniors in Europé after the collapse of Burgundy .

Venice then DoW and brought Commonwealth.

Mgoblue201

Jazz DoW against me I brought Scandinacia and France... I assume the war happened due to me being quick with the war against new miniors in Europé after the collapse of Burgundy .

Venice then DoW and brought Commonwealth.
I thought Uzzy was allied with France. And why would France ever trust someone who betrayed his Scottish ancestry by forming Britain?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I thought Uzzy was allied with France. And why would France ever trust someone who betrayed his Scottish ancestry by forming Britain?

Why would France trust someone who betrayed former allies? Why would France trust someone that took Brittany from right under their nose?

Toma

fanboi has so many enemies.

Brandenburg apparently has more, though.

And I dont have any particular interest in attacking Golden Horde atm, might be a few years until I do that.

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

What a crazy session. So, we left off with Venice embroiled in a costly war against the Mamluks, but the tide had begun to turn against Venice's foe, with both Oman and the Ottoman's DOWing the Mamluks towards the end of last session. My mercenary army (no sense wasting Venetian lives in that damn desert) once again crossed into Mamluk territory from Morocco, and began sieging provinces, awaiting the inevitable counterattack. Which never came. Clearly the Mamluk army had run off, afraid of Venetian superiority. Claims that the Ottomans had infact wiped them out, thus doing Venice a huge favour, are to be entirely rejected. End result of that war was that Venice took four provinces, including the city of Alexandria, and access to the Red Sea.

I then settled down to recover from that costly war, paying off loans, rebuilding manpower and firing mercenaries. During this time Europe erupted into utter chaos. Morocco, after conquering part of Iberia, collapsed into a mess of rebels, revolutions and anarchy, splitting up into multiple different countries. Then Burgundy's weak king was overthrown by a pretender, and again split into multiple different countries, which were quickly preyed upon by the bigger fish in Europe. Meanwhile I took the opportunity to conquer Tuscany, who had been left alone and friendless, Florence's mighty fort proving no barrier to Venetian cannons.

It was at this time that the collapse of Burgundy started a continent wide war, France/GB/Scandinavia and Aragon vs Brandenburg and most of what was left of the HRE. After seeing the Germans suffer a defeat during a monstrous battle near Trier, I figured it might be an opportune time to join in. For totally honourable and legitimate reasons, of course, and not at all because I wanted to kick some German arse.

Turned out that German arse is tougher than I thought, so after besieging the provinces I wanted, I called in the Commonwealth and strategically advanced my armies back into Venice itself, to hide behind the wooden wall that is my fleet. Truly, Venice's army is the wonder of the world.

Provinces Gained: Alexandria, Damietta, Rosetta, Suez, Tuscany
Provinces Lost: None

Kabouter

Man, that was some hardcore watching shit go down in Europe session for me :+
So much excitement :p

Please keep your war going for another decade or two Euros, it's doing wonders for my score

Uzzy said:
access to the Red Sea.
Stay out of East Asia :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see I didn't miss much! I see the AI dicked out of the war against crushed Austria taking only one province, lucking into a three star general and what not, did some rebuilding of manpower, rebel crushing and wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

smjanssen

Best session for me so far :D.

Started by finishing my war with Castille from last session and took 4 provinces in the peace shortly after Fitz peaced with them as well. Noticed the first rebels in Morocco while sieging the last provinces which turned out to be the beginning of the end of Fitz's game. Even though we were allied for most of the time upto that point, that did come as a lucky break as it provided me an opportunity to take Andalucia for myself, along with 2 other Spanish provinces in a war with a falling apart Morocco in which Fanboi kept the remaining Moroccan fleet busy.

Now very interested in what the outcome will be in the Brandenburgian conflict against most of the civilized world :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So who is left?

fanboi | Scotland
Toma | Novgorod
Mgoblue201 | Qara Qara
Roboleon | Poland
Kabouter | Malacca
CloudWolf | Sweden
smjanssen | Aragon
Jazzerman | Brandenburg
Uzzy | Venice

Right?

Haly

Haly | Inca!

<3 Fanboi, even if he is a filthy scottish backstabber.

Kabouter

So who is left?

fanboi | Scotland
Toma | Novgorod
Mgoblue201 | Qara Qara
Roboleon | Poland
Kabouter | Malacca
CloudWolf | Sweden
smjanssen | Aragon
Jazzerman | Brandenburg
Uzzy | Venice

Right?

fanboi > Great Britain now
Robo > (Polish-Lithuanian) Commonwealth now
Me > Malaya now
CloudWolf > Scandinavia now

Also look forward to very soon seeing Mgo as Mughals, seeing Toma as Russia, smjanssen as Spain, Venice as Italy (maybe? Does that give you monarchy or do you get to stay a republic?) and Jazz as Germany.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I was looking forward to seeing Jazz as an OPM. You guys need to destroy each other more quickly, I want to come back! :p

Uzzy

fanboi > Great Britain now
Robo > (Polish-Lithuanian) Commonwealth now
Me > Malaya now
CloudWolf > Scandinavia now

Also look forward to very soon seeing Mgo as Mughals, seeing Toma as Russia, smjanssen as Spain, Venice as Italy (maybe? Does that give you monarchy or do you get to stay a republic?) and Jazz as Germany.

Venice turning into Italy becomes a filthy monarchy, and I lose the awesome Venetian ideas and traditions. So that's unlikely to happen!

Haly

awesome Venetian ideas and traditions
Traditions:
+10% Trade power abroad
+10% Trade efficiency

Venetian Arsenal
+25% Naval forcelimits modifier
-20% Galley cost

Printing Industry
+1 Diplomats

Stato Da Mar
+10% National trade income modifier

State Inquisition
+30% National spy defense

Conscription
-25% Naval maintenance modifier

Defend the Law
-10% Stability cost modifier
-10% Time to justify trade conflicts

Provveditori ai beni Inculti
-10% Land attrition
-10% Naval attrition

Ambitions:
+50% Galley combat ability

Traditions:
+20% Global trade power
+50% Better relations over time

Not a Geographical Construct
-10% Stability cost modifier

The Tradition of the Legion
+15% Infantry combat ability

Mare Nostrum
-15% Galley cost
+20% Galley combat ability

The Office of Censor
+33% National manpower modifier

Tax Reform
+15% National tax modifier

Heir to the Empire
+25% Imperial authority

The Path to Citizenship
-25% Core-creation cost

Ambitions:
+20% Fort Defense

I dunno man, I dunno!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Core cost is sort of irrelevant in MP because your growth potential is limited so much more than in SP. By the the current time you guys are in, in SP you can have all of Europe and large parts of Asia if you started as a reasonable power; that means being able to core cheaply is close to necessary. In MP, you can have fast growth in the early game but by mid-game you have other priorities. A similar feature applies to better relations of time - it is irrelevant in player interactions and the number of non-player nations left in Europe is limited. The only really important one is France and Uzzy is allied with them, so who cares about BROT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom