• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

I dunno man, I dunno!

All good ideas, if my focus was in Central Europe (the most recent session notwithstanding). But Venice is better off focusing on dominating trade in the Mediterranean and, longer term, India/East Asia.

If I were Tuscany, Savoy or Milan, then forming Italy is a great idea. But as Venice? Not so much.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
has Kab Westernized yet? Or is he just going "imma layin around all day instead of do this shit"?

Sorry.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
fanboi > Great Britain now
Robo > (Polish-Lithuanian) Commonwealth now
Me > Malaya now
CloudWolf > Scandinavia now

Also look forward to very soon seeing Mgo as Mughals, seeing Toma as Russia, smjanssen as Spain, Venice as Italy (maybe? Does that give you monarchy or do you get to stay a republic?) and Jazz as Germany.
you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

I assumed someone would eventually notice my completely pointless plan to form the Mughals. I should be able to do that on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I waited too long and all the Mughal cores on the Timurid land already expired.
Dunno, but he's tied in mil tech with Ming. I'm also pretty sure my naval force limit is higher than his due to the fact that virtually my entire country is coastal :p
I had to waste so many points in order to fall sufficiently behind in tech just to westernize. I think I sat at the diplo points cap for a few years.

Kabouter

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

I assumed someone would eventually notice my completely pointless plan to form the Mughals. I should be able to do that on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I waited too long and all the Mughal cores on the Timurid land already expired.

I had to waste so many points in order to fall sufficiently behind in tech just to westernize. I think I sat at the diplo points cap for a few years.

Nothing you could culture convert?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Surely there are better mercenaries you can buy than Swahilian ones?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
These threads are just a way for fanboi to make ever more enemies.

Kabouter

The 2014 GAF EU4 MP Community Awards

Okay, so since the year is almost up and people are awarding merit to just about bloody anything on GAF, it's time to vote for some truly important awards. Anyone who has participated in any GAF EU4 MP game this year can vote. Voting ends January 5th at an unspecified time determined by me because fuck yeah.

The categories:
Best player

Most underrated player

Most overrated player

Biggest flameout

Worstest language fail

Most peaceful player

Most Morfeo-style peaceful player (aka most aggressive player)

Best diplomacy

Most ridiculous reason for missing a session

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Okay, so since the year is almost up and people are awarding merit to just about bloody anything on GAF, it's time to vote for some truly important awards. Anyone who has participated in any GAF EU4 MP game this year can vote. Voting ends January 5th at an unspecified time determined by me because fuck yeah.

The categories:
Best player
Jazz
Most underrated player
Haly
Most overrated player
Me (lower score please)
Biggest flameout
Fitz
Worstest language fail
Robo with his fuckup tipping off Jazz about the Ottomans attacking him, while Jazz already agreed on a peace deal.
Most peaceful player
Gamma
Morfeo
Morfeo

Best diplomacy
Jazz
Crab, for not wanting to participate in the first session with a country that grew decently strong eventually.

Uzzy

Venice AAR:

So I started off today's session in a war with Brandenburg. Looking at rather minor gains if I continued the war, I cut a deal with Jazz to essentially buy Graz and Steiermark, hoping that my funds would prolong, but not decide the war either way. I didn't quite expect France to tap out though.. so that plan probably didn't work too well. At least it can be said that Venice always picks a winner.

Anyway, after that, I spent some time upgrading my military (10 military points a month, woo!) and helping the Commonwealth by sending off my brave Venetian boys to die against some revolting Polish forces. Once they were all dead, we were finally in position to drive the Ottomans out of the Balkans once and for all. (Or we would have done, if you could take capitals without surrounding them, grrh).

My doom stack of over 15 cannons proved rather effective against the level 2 forts against us, and the upgraded Venetian fleet once again sent hundreds of Ottoman ships to the bottom of the Mediterranean. Venice finally secured all of Greece, and now no longer has any sort of land border with the Ottomans. Fantastic result.

There was also a quicky war with Austria and Milan, where Venice took Parma, mostly to secure good quality ham for forthcoming festivities. Great stuff.

Provinces Gained: Graz, Steiermark, Parma, Morea, Monastir, Athens
Provinces Lost: None

Kabouter

Best player
Jazz
Most underrated player
Toma
Most overrated player
Well, some people rated me five for impressively allowing haly to feed me provinces. So, me.
Biggest flameout
Fitz, that was damn impressive.
Worstest language fail
I was going to nominate fanboi here for Quara Quara, but yeah, Toma's answer of Robo's chat fail is a better answer.
Most peaceful player
Definitely Gamma
fanboi
Best diplomacy
Fitz
Evil Swedish trains.
:)

CloudWolf

The categories:
Best player
Jazz

Most underrated player
Haly

Most overrated player
I have no idea

Biggest flameout
Fitz for the sheer amount of rebels in his country, KingSnake for losing more than 50% of his provinces because he wanted a better ruler

Worstest language fail
West SSweden and N ot About Size. What's wrong with my typing?

Most peaceful player
Gamma

fanboi

Best diplomacy
Jazz

Something about trains in Sweden

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Those joint Morocco / Burgundy collapses are insane; I've never seen meltdowns as fast as one of them before, never mind two like that in the same game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

The categories:
Best player
Jazz

Most underrated player
MGO

Most overrated player
Me (give france pls)

Biggest flameout
Fitz

Worstest language fail
Me, technically a whisper/comm-tech fail though. >:|

Most peaceful player
Gamma

Jazz (I don't mean "backstabber-aggressive", just that he generally has a very aggressive and effective play-style)

Best diplomacy
Jazz; white peacing out with -30 warscore, while essentially getting paid 1000 ducats by Venice to vassalize its neighbor Styria. Hats off.

Swedish trains

Merry Christmas !

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I didn't just want a better ruler, I wanted a ruler that could help me keep up with France. With the 0/0/4 ruler and -3 stab I was doomed to wait 3 years for +1 stab (not considering additional -stab events or other nice things that occur when you're in negative stability). That also meant no gain in admin tech in more than 10 years. It was a stupid mistake not knowing about the broken country thing (as it didn't happen in any of my games until now).

The categories:
Best player

MGO - as this is for 2014, not just the last session

Most underrated player

Uzzy

Most overrated player

The Ottomans

Biggest flameout

Gelre

Worstest language fail

I have no idea

Most peaceful player

Gamma

Fanboi

Best diplomacy

Not Fanboi

Oopsy Daisy Bahn

fanboi

Banned
I didn't just want a better ruler, I wanted a ruler that could help me keep up with France. With the 0/0/4 ruler and -3 stab I was doomed to wait 3 years for +1 stab (not considering additional -stab events or other nice things that occur when you're in negative stability). That also meant no gain in admin tech in more than 10 years. It was a stupid mistake not knowing about the broken country thing (as it didn't happen in any of my games until now).

I love you too!

fanboi

Banned
Best player
MGO (I agree with KS, this is for 2014)

No comment needed.

Most underrated player
Kabouter

'No, dont rate me high, I am bad, so bad oh what is this? 10k army... oh and what is that tens of ships as a backwards nation...

Most overrated player
Morfeo (*bububububub I'm dropping out since Mamaluks was attacked*bubuububub*)

Biggest flameout
Fitz

Nothing compares... Nothing compares to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I have never seen a quicker dissmantle of an nation as Marocco.

Worstest language fail
Quara Quara

I hate that nation, thank god the Mhugals was created.

Most peaceful player
Kabouter

Aka Sweden Award (neutral)

Toma

He is lika a bowstring ready to fire.

Best diplomacy
Uzzy

I hate you.
not really

Fucking trains

Made me and Toma lose the previous session...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Best player
Mr. Jazzman

Most underrated player
Uzzy

Most overrated player
Haly

Biggest flameout
Haly (once for Bavarian and once again for Venice)

Worstest language fail
Fanboi

Most peaceful player
Kabouter

Fanboi

Best diplomacy
Fanboi

Traaaaaaaaaaaains
I'm practicing democracy!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You and toma would have lost anyway. The Catalans were more than a match for the puny Turk.

Kabouter

That said, crab was dominating even when he was drunk in a pub. (with, it has to be said, far superior internets) That's some skill right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom