• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
He ment with you... you me and panties?!?!

bill-cosby.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was referring to panties. However I'm not opposed to a threesome playthrough of Sakura Trick, as long as you're in the Steam Broadcast Beta and I can watch.

Fitz

Best player
MGO for overall consistent good play, runner up Jazz for this session.

Most underrated player
Uzzy, followed by Kab perhaps, not at all sure on this.

Most overrated player
Me? Really no idea for this one either.

Biggest flameout
In lieu of picking myself, definitely Kingsnake, relatively I think you lost more than me. :p

Worstest language fail
Definitely CloudWolf for the entertaining double colony name fail.

Most peaceful player
Gamma.

Most Morfeo-style peaceful player (aka most aggressive player)
This has to go to fanboi.

Best diplomacy
Roboleon, lots of good alliances throughout, especially including being allied to your natural enemy in Russia despite holding all that juicy Orthodox Slavic land.

Most ridiculous reason for missing a session
Abstain. The only reason I can even remember is the train shenanigans, which seems like a good reason to me!

Meant to post this last week, but I went away over xmas and then totally forgot.

Uzzy

Happy new year, chummers. I trust that you've all bought your booze and celebratory items from Venice Trading Company Ltd.

Kabouter

Happy new year everyone :)

Happy new year, chummers. I trust that you've all bought your booze and celebratory items from Venice Trading Company Ltd.
No, alcohol is strictly prohibited in glorious Malaya of course. Fireworks we just got from our own traders, who thanks to proximity could offer superior prices :p.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
We started this wednesday, thought you couldn't make it.

Thats only what we told you actually, we didnt make a break at all and got our well deserved Fanboi-free time.

fanboi

Banned
Thats only what we told you actually, we didnt make a break at all and got our well deserved Fanboi-free time.

Oh you fell for that one? That was actually a copy of the save where you played, we then switched dates and started playing thursday and saturday.

Jokes on you, german.

Kabouter

Aargh, you telling me Kab actually went home early to catch a glimpse of the final remnants of this year's Great Dutch Snow? Sneaky snowlover he is :p
No, Kab has been enjoying a particularly bad stomach flu and has mainly been traveling to and from the toilet in the past week or so.

smjanssen

No, Kab has been enjoying a particularly bad stomach flu and has mainly been traveling to and from the toilet in the past week or so.

Hope you get well soon then. Sounds like an unfortunate Christmas holiday for you, missing all the snowy action as well :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Could maybe return in time for Sunday, but wednesday sounds good to me.

CloudWolf

I'm probably not going to be able to play on Wednesday. I have a really busy week, I partied too hard this Christmas holiday and worked too little on important school stuff. I'm gonna do my best to be there in time, but I can't promise anything.

Kabouter

I'm probably not going to be able to play on Wednesday. I have a really busy week, I partied too hard this Christmas holiday and worked too little on important school stuff. I'm gonna do my best to be there in time, but I can't promise anything.
Can always start next Sunday so everyone can make it? Almost always someone who can't make it on Wednesday, but we're usually all there on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I'm a bit eager to get going, but I could wait until Sunday if that made it easier for most people

Kabouter

The glorious results of the even more glorious EU4 MP Community awards, gloriously presented in glorious highlighted colours for the glorious members of this glorious community:

Best Player

Jazz

Runner-up Mgoblue201

Most Underrated Player

Uzzy

Runners-up Haly and Roboleon

Most Overrated Player

Colkate/Fitz

Runner-up Kabouter

Biggest Flameout

Colkate/Fitz

Runner-up KingSnake

Worstest Language Fail

Jwitjes' colonial naming disasters

Runner-up Roboleon making sure the enemy has vital information about his weak strategic information by making sure to say it in the main chat.

Most Peaceful Player

Gamma

Runner-up Kabouter

Most Morfeo-style peaceful player (aka most aggressive player)

fanboi

Runner-up Jazz

Best diplomacy

Jazz

Runner-up fanboi

Most ridiculous reason for missing a session (admittedly an award just to mock fanboi for losing a session because despite him voting fascist, they still can't get the trains to run on time in Sweden)

fanboi's glorious train incident

Runners-up Barely even any votes for others :p

Glorious.
Except me missing out on any awards ;(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
you're the second most overrated player though, that's something!

Uzzy

Well then, I had best start looking at the bottom of the EU4 country list for my pick in the next game. The Knights -> Kingdom of Jerusalem here I come.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Kabouter has done a really good job of convincing everyone that he's a bad player. I think he's easily the most underrated.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kabouter has done a really good job of convincing everyone that he's a bad player. I think he's easily the most underrated.

I tend to agree. Which also makes him win at the diplomacy part.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think Kab's failure in Europe and then him not willing to play there anymore really took him out of the spotlight. He really needs to play in Europe next game. Gelre is calling.

Kabouter

I think Kab's failure in Europe and then him not willing to play there anymore really took him out of the spotlight. He really needs to play in Europe next game. Gelre is calling.

Yeah, but in the rest of the world, there's no Brandenburg to curbstomp you early on, it'll take Jazz at least until like...1650 before he's conquering Asia!
Also, by the time I picked, Europe was crowded as fuck. I want at least some space to play in :p. Doubt I'll be in Europe next game given how late I'll probably pick again.

Lies

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
iirc Kabouter actually tried to stealth pick Milan before it was his turn this round

the body is willing

I also agree with MGO that Kab is extremely underrated, and how he got runner up as overrated is beyond me
he got his friend Stefan to vote for him, or Stefan picked him as a joke :p

Kabouter

iirc Kabouter actually tried to stealth pick Milan before it was his turn this round

the body is willing

I also agree with MGO that Kab is extremely underrated, and how he got runner up as overrated is beyond me
he got his friend Stefan to vote for him, or Stefan picked him as a joke :p

Stefan and I play a lot of MP, so he just has more to base his opinion on :p
And yeah, Milan would've been fun. But with people having picked Venice, Aragon and France, it didn't seem like an appealing choice :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
guysguys you need to destroy each other more quickly

i needed my fix so bad this week i completed basileus and shahanshah in the course of 5 days

help

EDIT: also the commonwealth in my byzantium game was fucking monstrous. They ate everything from the borders of the HRE down as far as the Danube - all the Hungarian territory bar Lika, all the Romanian bar Wallachia - annexed the Crimean Khanate completely and integrated it easy, expanded into the Volgograd-Astrakhan area, and ate large parts of western Russia. It's also only 1683. I haven't even helped them, although we are perma-allies, they just fucking rolled everybody. Their troop count is insane. The only thing stopping them from going nuts is that Brandenburg formed Germany weirdly quickly (about 1620), and is just large enough that with their GOAT generals they can survive much larger odds. The balance of power is tense. Spain, Portugal, and GB also took off like rockets - I think because I didn't take the colonial route which I normally do even as minor powers, and so they've been able to get all dat trade money. Burgundy exploded into a zillion different Dutch states after being shattered (deja vu), but France never picked up the tab - they've been weirdly inactive, GB still has loads of territory in France and Brittany controls all its starting territory plus Orleans and Anjou, not sure how that happened. Austria imploded, although that was all me fulfilling the Byzantine Reconquer the Adriatic mission. They've not been the Emperor in a while, they lost the crown to Brandenburg immediately after reaching the Peace of Westphalia against the Protestant league, lead by Denmark. Denmark formed Scandinavia and has done fuck all since aside from a teeny colony in Canada - they haven't even conquered the independent Gotland.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You still have like 90 achievements to go, you're fine :p

I never played Ironman until quite recently because my laptop couldn't cope with monthly saving, but I have a better one now, so I've just started; thought I'd do Byzantium as my inaugural game. I'm currently the no.3 power behind the Commonwealth and Great Britain by score, but GB is a paper tiger and their score is meaningless. Not fucking with the Commonwealth for a long time, though. I think I might try and get Master of India as Byzantium, but I'm not sure I have the time with only ~150 years left, I'm no DDRJake.

EDIT: also, what I got pissed off by is that the Paliologos dynasty went extent, and I got the Komnenos dynasty fulfilling my inner Byzantinophilia, but then the Commonwealth passed their dynasty onto mine, and as it happened at the top Gelre had got their king on the throne. The result is that my current king is Constantine XIII van Egmond. :/ The van Egmonds are the most powerful house in Europe by a mile, though - they occupy the thrones of Byzantium, the Commonwealth, Russia, and Bohemia; and used to be British dynasty before they got Cromwell'd and Gelre before it got annexed (lol).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm obsessed with the achievements now. Currently I play a Castille game (Spain now) and I'm trying very hard to get the 500 heavy ships, Spain as emperor and 200 provinces achievements. Being my first Castille game, I already got the way to India one. Let's see what can I get in the last 50 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom