• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Freakzilla: You wanna leave Dagestan and Samarkand (and some sort of path to those provinces) for me if you expand westwards? I'll help you with the Timurids (or whatever nation takes their place) and the other people in the area, like the hordes or Muscovy, if you want. :)
I don't need a lot of land to get there, either, just like 3 or 4 provinces each (unless the Caspian Sea doesn't count as a sea zone for the purpose of coring range, then I might have to get a path along the Northern or Southern side of it).

I know people here don't trust me, but I just wanna peacefully unify Islam. I don't wanna have any border conflicts with my player-controlled neighbors. And there's no need to if I can get the provinces I want without waging war with them. :p

Read: If I get what I want no war is needed.

Kabouter

Freakzilla: You wanna leave Dagestan and Samarkand (and some sort of path to those provinces) for me if you expand westwards? I'll help you with the Timurids (or whatever nation takes their place) and the other people in the area, like the hordes or Muscovy, if you want. :)
I don't need a lot of land to get there, either, just like 3 or 4 provinces each (unless the Caspian Sea doesn't count as a sea zone for the purpose of coring range, then I might have to get a path along the Northern or Southern side of it).

I know people here don't trust me, but I just wanna peacefully unify Islam. I don't wanna have any border conflicts with my player-controlled neighbors. And there's no need to if I can get the provinces I want without waging war with them. :p
You want several Spanish provinces in a game with an Iberian human player, ain't nothing peaceful about your territorial desires :p

Cuzco and Bengal, hmm. Where will Kab run now? :p

Gamma is next to chose. And then Chuck Norris.

Tbh, I'll probably be forced to pick something way above my skill level where I'll last all of three months.

Well I'm at least overt in saying what I want. Everybody can look up the provinces/map needed for unifying Islam. ;)
And of course, any of you remaining peeps could deliberately pick a country to screw up my goal.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Me myself, I'm just going for a peaceful world conquest. Anybody can look up the map. Now don't go picking just to mess with me, mkay?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Red Arremer Conquest of the EUIV MP Community
WAR!

My Emperor, the bastard that is
Red Arremer declared war
upon us! Prepare for battle...
They cite 'A Lack of MP Tact' as their Casus Belli!

[OK]

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Since Morfeo is clearly more interested in the student body than picking a nation, we should move on to Roboleon.

I want my pick, damnit.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Consequently Norway and Sweden are off limits.

No worries, I've decided to go south-east. It's up to Robo to leave something or not.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ban message says "you need to respect my authoriteh"

Maybe I'll leave the Ottomans alive long enough to annex him should he really play as Blurple
Byzantium
, then.
Maybe I'll help the Ottomans annex Byzantium, even.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No new session build up thread without a fanboi ban. It's traditional

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Fanboi on ISIS (quoted verbatim)
"I like them"
"I like their methods"

fanboi -_- how long is the ban?
i know you can read this fanboi, you could have at least put the word penis in there like you always do: i like isis' penisses.

see? much more friendly.

Kabouter

fanboi -_- how long is the ban?
i know you can read this fanboi, you could have at least put the word penis in there like you always do: i like isis' penisses.

see? much more friendly.

Ban is one day, but I'll probably lift it before even :p

Also, fanboi and I were just checking out custom nations (which went rather disastrously for me :X), and I thought this was a funny mistake by fanboi (or is it?)
queenfanboiq0u1c.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fanboi
Proud Queen of Oopsy Daisy
Yesterday, 08:50 PM, Post #471

RickDeckerSpiegel, new player (friend with Toma), has picked Denmark.

Hello guys, I do not want to miss the opportunity to introduce myself. So, I am Rick and currently living in germany. As allready mentioned I am a friend and rival of Toma. I played little EU3 and I am new to EU4. On the one hand I am willing to learn and catch up fast but on the other hand I would ask you to be gently to my puppy-leaded Denmark. I am looking forward to see you in game!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hello guys, I do not want to miss the opportunity to introduce myself. So, I am Rick and currently living in germany. As allready mentioned I am a friend and rival of Toma. I played little EU3 and I am new to EU4. On the one hand I am willing to learn and catch up fast but on the other hand I would ask you to be gently to my puppy-leaded Denmark. I am looking forward to see you in game!

Well good you just mentioned the rival part, now I know what I need to expect from you here :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is what EU4 is all about. Settling your personal grudges through the lens of 15th 14th century Europe, just like God intended.

EDIT: I feel like this is a good place to make my proposal for shifting the counting of centuries forward by 1, starting with the 0th century.

Reasoning:

- Centuries will actually line up with their numeric date in years
- I'm given to believe that you Yuropeans start counting your floors from 0, so it's not unheard of.
- In contrast, here in God fearing 'merica, the ground floor is 1, or G, or L*, or any number of arbitrary letters and symbols that are not zero, because we're still scared of it like the Greeks were.
- Below ground levels are B1, B2, B3, because negativity isn't welcome in the US of A.
- Sometimes we skip the 13th floor because it's bad mojo.
- Do you want to entertain a backwards nomenclature that would make Americans proud? I think not.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This is what EU4 is all about. Settling your personal grudges through the lens of 15th 14th century Europe, just like God intended.

EDIT: I feel like this is a good place to make my proposal for shifting the counting of centuries forward by 1, starting with the 0th century.

Reasoning:

- Centuries will actually line up with their numeric date in years
- I'm given to believe that you Yuropeans start counting your floors from 0, so it's not unheard of.
- In contrast, here in God fearing 'merica, the ground floor is 1, or G, or L*, or any number of arbitrary letters and symbols that are not zero, because we're still scared of it like the Greeks were.
- Below ground levels are B1, B2, B3, because negativity isn't welcome in the US of A.
- Sometimes we skip the 13th floor because it's bad mojo.
- Do you want to entertain a backwards nomenclature that would make Americans proud? I think not.

we already sort of do that in Norway ("1400-tallet" etc). Progressive as fuck!

We actually don't use 0 for ground level here, it's "Erdgeschoss" (which pretty literally means ground level), and it's always shortened to E or EG. Very rarely it's called Parterre, but not in lifts.
Not all elevators use -number for basement levels here either, more often than not it's shortened with KG or UG ("Kellergeschoss" and "Untergeschoss"), and if there's multiple ones, they're UG1, UG2 etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Germany as backwards as American confirmed.

Not surprised given the linguistic connections.

Yeah, but in fairness, Austria was considered part of Germany for aaaaaaaaaaages before the Austro-Prussian war. You're basically not Germany on a technicality :p

And the USA was considered part of England before its independence. The Netherlands were considered part of Spain before their independence.

At this point in time, Austria is partly defining itself on not being Germany. A Großdeutsches Reich, as the German Confederation of the 19th century wanted it, would not work anymore because the Austrians would not have it.

Kabouter

And the USA was considered part of England before its independence. The Netherlands were considered part of Spain before their independence.

At this point in time, Austria is partly defining itself on not being Germany. A Großdeutsches Reich, as the German Confederation of the 19th century wanted it, would not work anymore because the Austrians would not have it.

Well, not now no, since cultures have diverged in separation. Your example of the Netherlands is incredibly poor by the way, since the low countries were absolutely not considered Spanish but were considered possessions of the Spanish crown. Rather a major difference. A better example would have been the divergence between the Netherlands and Flanders.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I wonder what Morfeo will pick? Beside another student.

Since Morfeo is clearly more interested in the student body than picking a nation, we should move on to Roboleon.

Well this is a given, so many nice students, and so little time.

It is like when you have sex with a milf, the daughters is off limits TAKE NOTE MORFEO

I dont approve of this rule. At all.

Anyways, I am picking Venezia, want a peaceful game of trade and cooperation with my neighbours around the mediterranean, so looking forward to that!

I have this feeling there will be some conflict over islands in the Mediterranean between us. :p

Well, not now no, since cultures have diverged in separation. Your example of the Netherlands is incredibly poor by the way, since the low countries were absolutely not considered Spanish but were considered possessions of the Spanish crown. Rather a major difference. A better example would have been the divergence between the Netherlands and Flanders.

I was going to say Flanders, but Spain felt more appropriate.
After all, the Spaniards were governed by an Austrian monarch then. :)

Either way, after its creation as March, Austria never was part of an actual German nation except for WW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom