• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkenyon

Banned
Paradox was pretty clear about having to choose BETA 1.9.2 if you want to keep playing old ironman saves
Yeah, if you read the forums.

I just woke up this morning, turned on my PC. Didn't even see that it updated. Launch EUIV with coffee in hand :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, if you read the forums.

I just woke up this morning, turned on my PC. Didn't even see that it updated. Launch EUIV with coffee in hand :(

ah, that's too bad. I follow them on twitter

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't mind crab, he thinks everyone is out to day 1 DoW everyone else.

Some players just want peace. Like morfeo, or fanboi.

Haly

I'm playing Xiu and it isn't bad, so far, but I haven't been able to trigger the reform stuff yet.

ZZMitch

I gotta finish my Gelre game with the new Beta patch. I need finish and show Kab my fleet that has more heavies then the rest of the world combined :p

Okay, so I was thinking of a fun little challenge, if anyone of you is up for it. I might try it myself at some point.

Goal: Own nothing but island provinces, and own all island provinces in the game. No provinces that are on land are allowed.
The definition of island in this case is: A province that is surrounded by water and not bordering any other province, except through a strait crossing. Provinces that span multiple islands as one province (e.g. Baleares) are a part of this. Provinces that are land with some islands attached to it (e.g. Dalmatia) are excluded.

You may only play as a nation that starts on an island (e.g. Cyprus or Naxos).

Babby mode: Multi-province islands are allowed/required. This includes all geographically defined islands. For ease of definition, this means:
Iceland, Greenland, Ireland, Britain, Sicily, Madagascar, Ceylon, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, all of the Philippines and Sunda Islands, Cuba, Hispaniola, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

Bonus points: Capture Ile-de-France. No other, bordering provinces are allowed to be owned.

Haly

Well I'm already bored of Maya. The entire mesoamerican region has the same problem as the HRE where the alliance networks grind everything to a halt. Unlike the HRE, however, there are no outside influences that can tip the balance.

Colima vassalized two guys.
Aztec vassalized another guy and allied Kiche.
I fully annexed Itza, Zapotec, and Cocomes and I'm allied with Aztec.

I can't get enough provinces to trigger reforms, and I can't risk attacking either Aztec or Colima. Again, Paradox, why would I want to lose 10 provinces I painstakingly cored? And how am I supposed to survive such a schism with the power blocks of Colima and Aztec nearby ready to vassalize/ally whatever new nations form in the wake of my contraction?

This whole Nahuatl/Mayan is just poorly conceived. I don't care if it's historically accurate that the Mayans and Aztecs couldn't get their shit together. It's uninteresting gameplay, gameplay I'm paying money for.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

Yep, finally I get some recognition for my playstyle! Fanboi on the other hand, he is in his own league when it comes to both stabbing and backstabbing.

Uzzy

Oh how I love rebels. Beat up one country that can only sustain an 8 stack and take their provinces, only for their rebel patriots to spawn with three 13 stacks and godking generals. What a wonderful system that is.

Oh how I love rebels. Beat up one country that can only sustain an 8 stack and take their provinces, only for their rebel patriots to spawn with three 13 stacks and godking generals. What a wonderful system that is.

Man tell me about it. Sometimes the rebel stacks are bigger than the population of that province.

In my Kilwa game, I was struggling so hard with the stupid inland Horn of Africa areas (the Coptic countries for the most part, but also some of the others) because there's mountains and rivers everywhere, and I rolled only like 0-1 or 0-0 generals while the rebel stacks got godlike ones. I consistently lost even when attacking with an army two or three times the size of the rebel stacks. I consistently had to go over my force limit and heavily hemorrhage money just to beat those rebels sitting in their stupid ass mountain rivers.

Kilwan gold be blessed.

mkenyon

Banned
Putting this out there, anyone who needs someone to step in for a Sunday game, please let me know.

I'll be following this thread, but PM me too.

Valhelm

contribute something
No clue, if he can find someone to sit in for him on Wednesdays he can participate, but if he misses at least half the sessions, I'd prefer he sit it out. People were inconvenienced by even irregular absences last game, it'd be significantly worse for people who miss at least half the sessions.

Alright. Hopefully next time will fit better with my schedule.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I just started a new game as Aztecs with random new world on, looking around me I see this:
3Z4xjOU.jpg

Fursplosion.

Haly

I see paradox still can't get the hang of procedurally generated worlds.

Or maybe you accidentally had "fur continent" ticked?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Maybe it's generated based on the Google searches.

Edit: I really hate the new -50 penalty for ally to rival. The Ottomans are allying Tlemcen like it's nothing, but Granada? No, that's too damn far even for a royal marriage.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Also, where is the doom bar?

Toma

It's the same place where you find the Papacy/Curia or HRE. Bottom right, next to the map.

Aaaah, thanks, I looked into the stability/religious tabs.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
should we just give Gamma the go-ahead? If Freakzilla wants to join he can pick what's left, haven't seen him around in ages anyway.

Toma

On the Edge of Madness
As Aztecs, reach 95 Doom, then go 20 years without Doom hitting 100.

Does anyone know if that means that I can get Doom down to 0 again after it was at 95? Or do I need to hover between 95 and 100 for 20 years, which seems kinda mad.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

"Do unto others as is necessary to prevent them doing it unto you."

mkenyon

Banned
Its all about that French alliance!
Isn't this the case of *any* OPM in Western Europe?

Also, in my last ~10 games, Friesland ends up being the big power. Not sure if that is due to chance or a change. But before the last expac, it was always Gelre or Utrecht.

Toma

Does anyone know if that means that I can get Doom down to 0 again after it was at 95? Or do I need to hover between 95 and 100 for 20 years, which seems kinda mad.

I can confirm you can go down again:
Fk7hu3J.jpg

Yes, I am Aztecs and I have two provinces :p I had complete Mesoamerica, but for every province you have, you get +1 doom per year, so after reaching doom 95 I cut down my provinces from 20 to 2 and kept a) a strong vassal and b) a strong ally.

And then I just fast forward waited.

Toma

That doom mechanic is super tricky to get a handle on. Basically needs to be played completely differently now, since I cant kill/vassalize everyone on sight anymore.

Pollux

I just downloaded this game, and I feel just as confused and lost as I did the first time I played EU3 - to youtube I go to figure this shit out.

As of right now I have no clue what's going on...

edit: oops - this is the MP thread not the community thread

Haly

I just downloaded this game, and I feel just as confused and lost as I did the first time I played EU3 - to youtube I go to figure this shit out.

As of right now I have no clue what's going on...

edit: oops - this is the MP thread not the community thread

You can post here. It might as well be the community thread because it's 1000 times more active.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if giving handjobs behind the train station for crack should be considered a "sex life" in the proper sense, though

Haly

1000 times 0 is still 0.

Double crunched.

Haly

This new liberty system is really "no fun allowed".

I don't think it's even possible to unite the Jurchen tribes in a timely manner now, or even consistently.

CloudWolf

I found out that if you play with random nations on, glorious Jan Mayen will show up somewhere in Europe. All hail the mighty polar bears of Europe!

Freakzilla: You wanna leave Dagestan and Samarkand (and some sort of path to those provinces) for me if you expand westwards? I'll help you with the Timurids (or whatever nation takes their place) and the other people in the area, like the hordes or Muscovy, if you want. :)
I don't need a lot of land to get there, either, just like 3 or 4 provinces each (unless the Caspian Sea doesn't count as a sea zone for the purpose of coring range, then I might have to get a path along the Northern or Southern side of it).

I know people here don't trust me, but I just wanna peacefully unify Islam. I don't wanna have any border conflicts with my player-controlled neighbors. And there's no need to if I can get the provinces I want without waging war with them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom