• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that's because the game can't process your capital not being a core. You can't transfer your capital to a non-core province, and you always start with your capital being cored. The AI usually doesn't take provinces it can't core either. The only way this could happen is if you're a 2 province nation at war, have an isolated capital which you cede to somebody, and the only province you have left is one that you have not been able to core/start coring.
It's a very specific situation since it requires you to become an OPM without their last remaining province being cored.

I imagine that coring an adjacent province fixes this processing issue due to you getting back to 2 provinces.

Either way, Corsica should be in coring range of Granada's coast, regardless, right?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If you're a smaller power, the army/navy penalties don't really apply to much bigger nations. Only if you're about the same size or bigger. Otherwise OPMs could never get big allies.
He's got some AE for taking Corsica, but since he made concession in the other peace with Lithuania, he was able to burn off some of it. Plus of course Austria doesn't care all that much about declaring on Lithuania - he did not directly attack the HRE after all.

Edit: Also, Corsica is a fairly low basetax province too, so that helps with the AE.

-10 for having small navy
-7 to -19 for having small army
-40 for them being neutral to you
-20 for being different religion (and now I realized that being catholic helped him and added also the possibility to marry)
- whatever AE

maybe +10 for the diplorep
+30-40 for improving opinion

fanboi

Banned
So I am currently going for the achievement 'Not as bad as Kabouter', which is playing as Gelre (Ironman).

Going good, can't take screenshots since I am on my work computer, but formed the Netherlands, fought of three major coallition wars, and just fought of three coallition war at the same time.

I controll 50% of the English trade node so far, year is... 1530?

France + Castille (and to some extent Poland which is being destroyed by Muscovy) is a good combo.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I am currently going for the achievement 'Not as bad as Kabouter', which is playing as Gelre (Ironman).

Going good, can't take screenshots since I am on my work computer, but formed the Netherlands, fought of three major coallition wars, and just fought of three coallition war at the same time.

I controll 50% of the English trade node so far, year is... 1530?

France + Castille (and to some extent Poland which is being destroyed by Muscovy) is a good combo.

Make sure to grab all the English Channel provinces in England as soon as possible, and you'll have 100K ducats in no time. The English Channel really is a joke

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ming for the Win(g).

Morfeo is up.

-----------
Gamma

Now who could this guy possibly be? :D

Let this, and Colkate's (R.I.P.), name changes be a profound inspiration for all of you multi-handles out there.

CloudWolf

JgztI7K.jpg

Yay, I did it! This was a really lucky game. For some reason Portugal and France decided not to colonize South America and instead focus on the Caribbean. Great Britain only colonized two provinces in SA, so the only nations standing in my way were Castile/Spain and Holland (yes, The Netherlands didn't form).

At first I got kicked to the curb by Spain and his allies Great Britain and Portugal because of my huge tech difference, but as soon as I allied France it was (mostly) smooth sailing. I love the new systems for vassals by the way. Those huge independent Mexico and Caribbean (Haïti) used to be colonies of Portugal, but they were disloyal. Which basically meant that they didn't participate at all in any of Portugal's wars.

Also, I finally caught up in tech. About time.

Fitz

Starting? We started yesterday, we were all wondering where you were King, France needed you and you weren't there for them. All that's left is a blue stain under the feet of Spain and Austria now. :(

smjanssen

Would call for a new poll though..

How long does it take for Fanboi to get annexed by Kingsnake :D

Or Jwitjes, Toma or Redarremer

Uzzy

Welp. Can I repick? :p I have a neighbour in literally every direction (with only like one minor nation between each).

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Welp. Can I repick? :p I have a neighbour in literally every direction (with only like one minor nation between each).

Thats the best part about picking early and claiming half of the world up front, you might be in for a lot of fun!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

Seriously what were you expecting? And with your fantastic diplomatic skills on display in this thread, you wont only have neighbours in all directions, but enemies. Have fun!

Just joking of course, I want peaceful cooperation!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Incidentally, everyone who rated the Timurids a 3 should feel ashamed of themselves. They start with 169 base tax and are the second largest nation in the game after Ming, and have access to one of the best idea sets in the game (Mughals). Some of you rated Portugal above them - what on earth prompted that decision?

#bitter

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fitz on Timurids what madness have we wrought???

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Somebody said we never get lower ratings, because we all get better the more we play lol.

Nah, that doesnt work, rating everyone after each session works fine. Nobody would freely screw up so much that we*d suddenly rate them 1/5 across the board.

Uzzy

Nah, that doesnt work, rating everyone after each session works fine. Nobody would freely screw up so much that we*d suddenly rate them 1/5 across the board.

That sounds like a challenge.

Incidentally, everyone who rated the Timurids a 3 should feel ashamed of themselves. They start with 169 base tax and are the second largest nation in the game after Ming, and have access to one of the best idea sets in the game (Mughals). Some of you rated Portugal above them - what on earth prompted that decision?

#bitter

They've got horrific levels of religious disunity, which means lots of revolts. Releasing Persia as a vassal doesn't work too well anymore either, given that they'd start as disloyal, which would just leave you open to other nations supporting their independence. There's some real nasty events that could happen for the Timurids too. And of course, you've got to reform the government too. 3-3.5 sounds fair to me.

Portugal doesn't have any problems on that scale. They can pretty much freely go colonise and enjoy a place in the sun. Keep friendly relations up with Castile and you'll never be threatened until you're ready for it.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation

#bitter
If I had to rate them again I'd probably give them at least a 3.5. But I'd hesitate to give them a 4, even with their huge tax base, because they still have to reform their government, which requires a lot of luck.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
are anyone here "freelizard" on steam?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They've got horrific levels of religious disunity, which means lots of revolts. Releasing Persia as a vassal doesn't work too well anymore either, given that they'd start as disloyal, which would just leave you open to other nations supporting their independence. There's some real nasty events that could happen for the Timurids too. And of course, you've got to reform the government too. 3-3.5 sounds fair to me.

Portugal doesn't have any problems on that scale. They can pretty much freely go colonise and enjoy a place in the sun. Keep friendly relations up with Castile and you'll never be threatened until you're ready for it.

Revolts are not a problem. Just keep burning MIL. Stops you from expanding early on, but you don't need to - you're the Timurids, you're already huge - you have literally over 70 base tax more than France. Otherwise, just rush an ADM idea tree with focus on ADM and advisors. You will be clear in no time, and ready to Westernize effectively immediately because you've not put points into tech but instead supression/ideas. AI Timurids struggle, but that's because they're stupid. A human Timurids is always going to be one of the most powerful players in the game. I'd rather be Timurids than roughly 50% of the nations we have above them. This is also assuming that the human Portugal can find an early alliance against Castile, otherwise you'll be the same size in 1600 you were in 1444, just with some colonies.

Timurids are a top ten nation.

Kabouter

Fitz on Timurids what madness have we wrought???

Yes lol, he's won the game before even starting. One of the best players with a top 10 starting nation. Only KingSnake has a stronger starting nation.

That sounds like Morfeo.

Yeah, he does seem to use his lizard liberally.

otherwise you'll be the same size in 1600 you were in 1444, just with some colonies.

Colonial liberty desire also depends on relative power. Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom