• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudWolf

Goddamnit, I was playing a Cusco --> Inca game to test out some new El Dorado mechanics with the goal to conquer South America and get the achievement. Everything went smooth, one of my least problematic westernizations ever, my force limit was almost a 100, I was rich, got the third biggest army in the world and I had the most provinces. Then Europe became visible and I knew I was fucked...

Portugal, Castille/Spain and France all have colonies in Brazil and they are all allied to each other. Fuck my life.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jianzhou
Morocco
Milan

America, here I come.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No, you're just the first one who's picking a nation that directly comes in conflict with my own interests. :p

To me it sound like everyone's picking a nation that conflicts your interest

To me it sound like everyone's picking a nation that conflicts your interest

Not really?
Freakzilla is going Southeast with his Bengal, so there's absolutely no conflict there. I offered ZZMitch to split the Ottoman pie between us, which I feel is fair game. The only topic of actual discussion was the part about Iberia, and that was mostly led by people other than CloudWolf. :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Picked Japan.

Awaiting RA's generous proposal to leave me a bit of the Phillipines :p

Haly's up!

Uzzy

Anyways, I am picking Venezia, want a peaceful game of trade and cooperation with my neighbours around the mediterranean, so looking forward to that!

Remember, galley spam solves all problems. Or no problems. I can't remember which.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
songhai.jpg
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Well I guess I should've kept my trap shut. Now I have both Haly and Morfeo getting into places close to me. :p
Guess unifying Islam'll be a pipe dream. Oh well.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
80 years into my Aztecs savegame, and I am still not rid of the Doom mechanic (4 out of 5 reforms done), no clue how you are ever supposed to catch up to the Euros this way, since you cant even make any territorial gains for 100-120 years.

Also, since Morfeo picked Venice, Naxos and Corfu are, naturally, off-limits.

Not me, don't worry, I can't pick a major power lol. I can't pick any sort of power, I can just pick nominally independent microstates :p

Even if you picked Mzab, Theodoro or Cyprus, I'd be terrified.

The funny thing is that Cyprus starts guaranteed by the Mamluks, so we'd automatically start with a player alliance as per the rules. So unless I'd revoke that guarantee and thus put you on a silver platter for the Ottomans, we'd have to cooperate at least in the beginning. :p

EMT0

Banned
So after beating off Portugal and Spain in my Inca game.....I fought them again while I was Westernizing and failed to beat them off. Jwitjes, we shall have a gentleman's agreement
pls

Why the Europeans can land 40k troops in 1530 I'll never know .-.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Stop manipulating the country ratings, for shame people

Why haven't you locked it ages ago fanboi?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Two months after emerging from a regency council with a 6/4/4 Queen, she goes and dies. Johan!!!

Also, I should have picked Granada.

There is one thing that bothers me here, how the hell did he get Austria to ally Granada in 1452? With the AE and the penalties for army and navy? Even a diplorep advisor doesn't compensate those. Unless Austria is totally destroyed in a war. And in his screenshot they still had a healthy army.

There is one thing that bothers me here, how the hell did he get Austria to ally Granada in 1452? With the AE and the penalties for army and navy? Even a diplorep advisor doesn't compensate those. Unless Austria is totally destroyed in a war. And in his screenshot they still had a healthy army.

If you're a smaller power, the army/navy penalties don't really apply to much bigger nations. Only if you're about the same size or bigger. Otherwise OPMs could never get big allies.
He's got some AE for taking Corsica, but since he made concession in the other peace with Lithuania, he was able to burn off some of it. Plus of course Austria doesn't care all that much about declaring on Lithuania - he did not directly attack the HRE after all.

Edit: Also, Corsica is a fairly low basetax province too, so that helps with the AE.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Aztecs, finished all reforms, but now I still cant get rid of the doom mechanic, because I need a western neighbour first.

... now where to find those stupid europeans -.-

I've been trying to emulate that exodus strat posted, but Genoa never allies anyone outside of the HRE. Tried doing it with Urbino but the Italians immediately dropped a coalition on me. Unfun after a long ass war with Aragon/Naples. And of course Urbino is outside of coring range, and you can't sell your capital. Bleh.

smjanssen

Tried the Granada start as well. Got lucky as they allied the Papal State, which was only allied to Genoa. Managed to take Corsica and returned the cores to Castile. Only problem now is I can't core Corsica due to lack of range

Kabouter

Tried the Granada start as well. Got lucky as they allied the Papal State, which was only allied to Genoa. Managed to take Corsica and returned the cores to Castile. Only problem now is I can't core Corsica due to lack of range

Only way to solve that is to go to war over Sardinia and take that, for some reason, then you can core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom