• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting the Otto's territory is a sure fire way to ensure peace with your neighbours!

:)

I'd be willing to do the same with the player who picked Portugal (not sure about his GAF handle, is it CloudWolf?) to split Castile/Aragon! Better to take out the big AI threats first. KingSnake even can have Roussilon.

CloudWolf

:)

I'd be willing to do the same with the player who picked Portugal (not sure about his GAF handle, is it CloudWolf?) to split Castile/Aragon! Better to take out the big AI threats first. KingSnake even can have Roussilon.

Yes, I'm Portugal. You're playing Mamluks and you're already talking about splitting Castile and Aragon between us? I like your way of thinking
though I'd prefer having Iberia for myself

Yes, I'm Portugal. You're playing Mamluks and you're already talking about splitting Castile and Aragon between us? I like your way of thinking
though I'd prefer having Iberia for myself

I just want Granada's land
plus Cordoba and maybe Andalucia
and the islands (both Mediterranean and Canaries). Though I'm sure we can come to an agreement for certain more valuable provinces. Plus you've got a bargaining chip with Ceuta. :)

My goal's likely going to be to unite Islam, that's why I also want Constantinople

Looks like 1.10 will break Ironman saves. Yay.

Was to be expected, to be honest. It did the same with AoW.

fanboi

Banned
Dont be in such a hurry. Seriously, we basically just started announcing nation picking. Give it a week or so. Not everyone is checking GAF every 5 minutes :p
Seriously, calm down lol.

I agree, but if I have sent a message two weeks ago I assume they either have seen it or just isn't active anymore.

And I like to plan stuff as soon as possible so it will be easier to manage during the session.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm staying on 1.9.2 for a while I guess. Want to finish up the Japan game. Got interesting after Ming westernized and I grabbed them as a vassal :D

bjaelke

Regarding the new players that hasn't responded as of yet, I will scratch them now and allow the nation picking to go on.

If they show up later they can choose, allthough risk of not getting a country of their choice ofc.

People that hasn't been scratched since I messaged these today:

bjaelke
jakethestatefarm
freakzilla
EM0

Will have to pass on this one. Still abroad, so no (capable) PC near me.

Red Arremer is MGO reloaded.

Incoming coalition in 5,4,3 ....

Wha? I'm just trying to peacefully settle potential border frictions ahead of time. I see no reason to be aggressive towards someone's sphere of influence if they are willing to give up a province in it in exchange for peace. :p
Unlike
possibly
some people in here, I'll even keep my word once an agreement is reached.

Heck I even offered you the French region province Aragon is holding for free. You can just have it. I don't want it. If CloudWolf does, that's his problem, but you have nothing to fear from me as France
unless you are a threat to my existence or take land I already announced as target
. And even if we had conflict, you would probably bend me over anyway cause you're France. :p

Uzzy

Your priorities are definitely straight if that was the first thing you tested. :p

Well, the expanded diplomacy/production window mods don't work either. Which is probably the bigger pain. My map mods worked though.

As for Ironman saves, well I loaded up my Teutonic Order game and it worked. Though the war I was in stopped and.. uh.. the HRE instantly disbanded due to lacking an eligible Emperor.

El Dorado's out too.

Regarding the new players that hasn't responded as of yet, I will scratch them now and allow the nation picking to go on.

If they show up later they can choose, allthough risk of not getting a country of their choice ofc.

bjaelke
jakethestatefarm
freakzilla
EM0
I'm gonna have to take myself out too, my rig's pretty bad at dragging down MP games to below 2 speed.

EMT0

Banned

bjaelke
jakethestatefarm
freakzilla
EM0

But....But I posted on the thread? I didn't see your message last night and just woke up. I'm confused...am I being penalized or something?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
But....But I posted on the thread? I didn't see your message last night and just woke up. I'm confused...am I being penalized or something?

Not at all! In fact, you get to chose your country now

Steeven

I have just picked Brandenburg if that's OK. Cannot remember for sure, but I don't think I have played a game with Brandenburg yet.

fanboi

Banned

No no! Opposite :) would never penalize anyone :)

I just added you to the list of players that I didnt scratch since you posted in this thread already :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fanboi would never pen
is
alize anyone

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does anyone have a list of the new achievements?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Arabian Coffee
Form Arabia and have highest producing nation in coffee.

Even Better than Piet Heyn
Gain over 100 gold from privateering a single treasure fleet.

A Sun God
Form Inca, Westernise and own all of South America.

On the Edge of Madness
As Aztecs, reach 95 Doom, then go 20 years without Doom hitting 100.

Magellan’s Voyage
Make the first circumnavigation.

Imperio español
As Spain have Mexico, Panama, Havana, Cuzco in colonial Nations under you.

Blockader
Blockade at least 10 ports of one enemy.

This is Persia!
Form Persia and conquer Egypt, Anatolia and Greece.

Kirishitan Japan
Start as a Japanese Daimyo, convert yourself and all of Japan to Christianity.

Hessian Mercenaries
As Hesse, have at least 50 regiments of mercenaries.

I think these are the new ones

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Arabian Coffee
Form Arabia and have highest producing nation in coffee.

Even Better than Piet Heyn
Gain over 100 gold from privateering a single treasure fleet.

A Sun God
Form Inca, Westernise and own all of South America.

On the Edge of Madness
As Aztecs, reach 95 Doom, then go 20 years without Doom hitting 100.

Magellan’s Voyage
Make the first circumnavigation.

Imperio español
As Spain have Mexico, Panama, Havana, Cuzco in colonial Nations under you.

Blockader
Blockade at least 10 ports of one enemy.

This is Persia!
Form Persia and conquer Egypt, Anatolia and Greece.

Kirishitan Japan
Start as a Japanese Daimyo, convert yourself and all of Japan to Christianity.

Hessian Mercenaries
As Hesse, have at least 50 regiments of mercenaries.

Kabouter

Wha? I'm just trying to peacefully settle potential border frictions ahead of time. I see no reason to be aggressive towards someone's sphere of influence if they are willing to give up a province in it in exchange for peace. :p
Unlike
possibly

Heck I even offered you the French region province Aragon is holding for free. You can just have it. I don't want it. If CloudWolf does, that's his problem, but you have nothing to fear from me as France
unless you are a threat to my existence or take land I already announced as target
. And even if we had conflict, you would probably bend me over anyway cause you're France. :p

Peacefully claiming half the world. Ha.

mkenyon

Banned
I load up my recent Prussia save. I just went through the Holy War and somehow prevailed against Austria/Hungary, Russia, Venice, and a Swole Aragon, vassalized Bohemia and a four-province Saxony, broke up Gelre (who was the original Protestant League Founder), and was well on my way to becoming Emperor.

So, the new patch corrupts any Ironman game you attempt to load.

Game over :(

smjanssen

Haha, especially Andalucia :p. Province numero uno you'll want to have when playing Portugal

I load up my recent Prussia save. I just went through the Holy War and somehow prevailed against Austria/Hungary, Russia, Venice, and a Swole Aragon, vassalized Bohemia and a four-province Saxony, broke up Gelre (who was the original Protestant League Founder), and was well on my way to becoming Emperor.

Isn't there a 1.9 beta you can use to finish up your current ironman games?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Yeah, my Granada game went to shit, my level 15 westernized nation was after the patch a level 1 Muslim tech.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, my Granada game went to shit, my level 15 westernized nation was after the patch a level 1 Muslim tech.

It took me a while to realize you werent talking about your Grandma.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Paradox was pretty clear about having to choose BETA 1.9.2 if you want to keep playing old ironman saves

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Unlike
possibly

I played one Mamluks game and now everyone suspects them of wanting to become a caliphate.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, still have two games I need to finish

Yeah, I thought I should finish the Japan game, but I was already in 1740 slay mode, so not much of a challenge anyway. I'm gonna patch and try out some stuff instead :D

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I have three games that I need to finish: Swizterland, Wallachia, and Venice. So I might not upgrade to the next patch until the multiplayer game starts.

I didn't know "half the world" consisted of Anatolia and like a fourth or so of Iberia. :p

Haha, especially Andalucia :p. Province numero uno you'll want to have when playing Portugal

I said maybe Andalucia! :p I only really want Cordoba to unify Islam, and Granada's land particularly so I can core Cordoba
and also cause it's nice

I played one Mamluks game and now everyone suspects them of wanting to become a caliphate.

It's kinda true. I mean, it all depends on who will play what anyway. But I'll try avoiding conflicts with players if at all possible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No one in this thread can even spell Qara Qoyunlu.

M...my.... Soulmate?!

image.php

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You're genuinely going to play Cuzco? In MP? You madman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom