• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of fanboi needing to speaka da English

Who will be the first backstabbing victim?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Fitz said:
- MP: Faster savegame transfers.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

Kabouter

Yeah, but nothing about the patch including faster internets for you Cloudwolf. So while the transfer might be quicker, the game probably still won't be :X

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Playing a SP game as westernized Japan.

This is my first game not playing Western/Muslim tech, and I must say I find it hard to deal with expanding without the ability to create proper vassals. I guess this is one of the major downsides to playing a westernized country in chinese region?

I feel like I spend all my admin points to core stuff, and have a hard time catching up to the western nations in admin tech. I also have to deal with a lot of unrest due to lack of religious unity and non-accepted culture groups.

I made Brunei into a protectorate early on, just to get a feel of the mechanism. If I could vassalize stuff, I'm sure most of china would be mine be now :( But I don't like making protectorates, since I want that land for myself eventually. I'm sure it will speed up a bit once I get to diplo tech 22 and client states though.

Any other useful hints?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, I find that to be true as well.

Kabouter

- You can still vassalize the Jurchen hordes in the North-East of China and feed them.
- Creating vassals in China isn't as good as before, since it's no longer split into three *gigantic* potential vassals with cores, but like two dozen ones with much fewer cores (which disappear over time as well, as happened in the MP), so don't feel too bad about this
- If you really need a vassal elsewhere, you can just leave a small country around near your borders and once you advance sufficiently in tech, the AI will westernize anyway, then just vassalize them after they're done.

Don't westernize too early is really the only good tip if you start in Africa or Asia past the Muslim tech area.

I prefer westernizing as early as possible to be honest, since annexing vassals costs diplo points now, it's not that big a deal to miss out on them for a while until you hit diplo 22. And in Africa it's even less of a problem since base tax is so low in the West and in the East there's only a little bit that's Indian tech that you can't vassalize, most is just Muslim tech.

CloudWolf

Yeah, but nothing about the patch including faster internets for you Cloudwolf. So while the transfer might be quicker, the game probably still won't be :X

Shush, it's a start.

Don't westernize too early is really the only good tip if you start in Africa or Asia past the Muslim tech area.

I recently ruined my Kilwa game by westernizing as soon as possible (1530 or something). I didn't plan ahead and didn't have maxed out monarch points, which led to my country entering +/- 15 years of being unstable as fuck and run over by rebels. At the end of it all pretender rebels had taken over, two countries had defected from my lands and my manpower and admin and mil points were non-existent. And of course Kilwa's government form allows for pretender rebels to just pop up randomly by event, so my lands are gradually being sieged down by rebels yet again.

I'm horrible at planning ahead.

I recently ruined my Kilwa game by westernizing as soon as possible (1530 or something). I didn't plan ahead and didn't have maxed out monarch points, which led to my country entering +/- 15 years of being unstable as fuck and run over by rebels. At the end of it all pretender rebels had taken over, two countries had defected from my lands and my manpower and admin and mil points were non-existent. And of course Kilwa's government form allows for pretender rebels to just pop up randomly by event, so my lands are gradually being sieged down by rebels yet again.

I'm horrible at planning ahead.

I started Westernizing in my own Kilwa game, but I have 0 unrest lol.
I made sure to have religious unity and everything cored and only then start my westernization. That said, I kinda gave up on it. I'd have to punch through an enormous Bahmanis allied to every other big Indian power to get North Konkan and fuck thaaaaat.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Russia kind of did an Napoleon on me. They sieged all the way to Kamchatska, while I returned from a war with Oirat and started resieging provinces behind them. They ended up trapped in Kamchatska taking a billion attrition before getting rekt by superior japanese discipline.

CloudWolf

I started Westernizing in my own Kilwa game, but I have 0 unrest lol.
I made sure to have religious unity and everything cored and only then start my westernization. That said, I kinda gave up on it. I'd have to punch through an enormous Bahmanis allied to every other big Indian power to get North Konkan and fuck thaaaaat.

Yeah, I got lucky with North Konkan, it was held by a two privince minor, so I was able to snipe it before the Bahmanis could get to it. At some point in my westernization progress I was hit by some bad events and a disaster, causing my unrest to hit +20 lol.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Finally I have a game with Granada where I managed to ally France early enough (1465). With their help I even survived a war against Castile, Portugal and Burgundy (who is still strong, having conquered Barrois and united the lands). I have strong foot in Africa now and eating Morocco bit by bit. I have a hope for this one.

Kabouter

Okay, FACE just told me he won't be playing since he can't make it on Wednesdays, and I really do feel that people shouldn't consistently be missing half the sessions because that's just super inconvenient for other players wrt PvP stuff. So if you can't make it half the time, probably best to not enter.

With that said, KingSnake, pick your nation.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, FACE just told me he won't be playing since he can't make it on Wednesdays, and I really do feel that people shouldn't consistently be missing half the sessions because that's just super inconvenient for other players wrt PvP stuff. So if you can't make it half the time, probably best to not enter.

I guess that means no Valhelm too? Which again means: jwitjes is up!

Kabouter

Is Valhelm fine with dropping out?

No clue, if he can find someone to sit in for him on Wednesdays he can participate, but if he misses at least half the sessions, I'd prefer he sit it out. People were inconvenienced by even irregular absences last game, it'd be significantly worse for people who miss at least half the sessions.

mkenyon

Banned

Yeah, immout.

:(

Damn you Euros with your good taste in games. I live in the wrong time zone.

Haly

How did you get a sub 3 score, you did pretty well as Sweden.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone heard from ZZmitch lately? He's up. And if not, Steeven can now pick. :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know if ZZmitch is okay? He's not been on Steam or posted in this thread for aaages.

EDIT: Roboleon we're like twins.

ZZMitch

What are the two time slots we use again?

Yeah sorry for not posting guys I have been super busy with school and applying to grad programs and stuff. I'm probably gunna sit out again but we will see if the times are workable. Have barely had time to even get in a few games of Hearthstone the last couple of weeks so EU4 not looking too good :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
He allied with Toma instead of crushing Novgorod from the start.

but he should have been a 4 for being ally of fanboi

Inception
I never allied him

At least get your facts right :p

ZZMitch

21:00-23:00 CET on Sundays, 21:30-23:00 CET on Wednesdays.

Okay those seem workable. Is it okay tentatively saying yes? Like I'm willing to give it a shot for a while and seeing if I can fit it in with my schedule. And are we starting this Sunday? I can pick a country and if someone wants it I can change countries or I can just pick last.

Kabouter

Okay those seem workable. Is it okay tentatively saying yes? Like I'm willing to give it a shot for a while and seeing if I can fit it in with my schedule. And are we starting this Sunday? I can pick a country and if someone wants it I can change countries or I can just pick last.

We're starting in a few weeks :)
And picking a country now and saying tentatively yes is of course fine :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Steeven's turn.

EDIT: Or any of the 3s, I suppose. That's:

RedArremer
sadceph2001
EMT0
CMO
lsslave
bjaelke
Freakzilla
jakestatefarm
Steeven

Haly

Mamluks lol.

Going to be Mgoluks round 2.

I think I'll bow out early and just go full Native as Pueblo or something. Europe is already terrifying.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, you were supposed to be a french vassal rEadarrEmEr. Now who's going to do the KS backstab so I can win the vote.

Although I think technically France is too powerful to even have a back. :/ And when your back is nowhere, your back is everywhere = kingsnake is full of anuses confirmed, and any sort of stab is therefore legit

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
On a more serious note, any of the new players can now pick, although Steeven is the only one to have actually confirmed he'll play next round afaik

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ZZMitch: You wanna split the Ottomans' territory? You can have the Balkans, I'll take Turkey.
That includes Constantinople

Thank you.

you have already picked, so I was not counting you :p

fanboi

Banned
Regarding the new players that hasn't responded as of yet, I will scratch them now and allow the nation picking to go on.

If they show up later they can choose, allthough risk of not getting a country of their choice ofc.

People that hasn't been scratched since I messaged these today:

bjaelke
jakethestatefarm
freakzilla
EM0

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Regarding the new players that hasn't responded as of yet, I will scratch them now and allow the nation picking to go on.

If they show up later they can choose, allthough risk of not getting a country of their choice ofc.

People that hasn't been scratched since I messaged these today:

bjaelke
jakethestatefarm
freakzilla
EM0
Dont be in such a hurry. Seriously, we basically just started announcing nation picking. Give it a week or so. Not everyone is checking GAF every 5 minutes :p
Seriously, calm down lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom