• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Yeah it was Kingsnake that wrote it on tuesday I think when we discussed the peaceful ways of mother Russia. I think the Nelson Mandela of Peace would have been a better fit, but I guess this will do :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Nelson Mandela had a mean streak in his youth too, you know :p

Morfeo

Yeah, considering Nelson Mandelas actions and opinions - and not least how he was regarded by "our" leaders at the time, Reagan, Thatcher, Willoch etc, it is actually really surprising how he has become a universal peace symbol the way he has equally for left and right. Selective history in the making right there. Not that it isnt deserved - its just so strange how parties and politicians that used to be vehemontly against him and everything he stands for now conveniently "forgets" the part of the history they dont like to be able to participate in the ownership of a modern legend.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Morfeo and the Habsburgs would make a great combination. Everyone must join the HRE (peacefully, of course), and a new Pax Romana forever.

Anyway, here's the world map as of November 1st, 1588:
D4JFwvP.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kab pretending to be all weak and shit.

We're fucking onto you, Kab.

Kabouter

Kab pretending to be all weak and shit.

We're fucking onto you, Kab.

I don't pretend to be weak, but I'm certainly not even remotely the strongest. Colonial nations don't exactly help much militarily in the old world. (Read: Not at all) Large contiguous empires will always be best.

fanboi

Banned
I am not sure how do proceed expanding in this game now... Austria and the rest of the HRE has to many powers involved to be easy.

Spain is sure though.

Kabouter

I am not sure how do proceed expanding in this game now... Austria and the rest of the HRE has to many powers involved to be easy.

Spain is sure though.

HRE might not be easy now, but expansion into it is easily your best bet after Spain is gone, and as you expand more, the emperor will get weaker and you'll find expanding into the HRE easier and easier.

fanboi

Banned
HRE might not be easy now, but expansion into it is easily your best bet after Spain is gone, and as you expand more, the emperor will get weaker and you'll find expanding into the HRE easier and easier.

Yeah, true.

I wonder how much Manpower Austria have... don't they have like 100k from the beginning?

Kabouter

Yeah, true.

I wonder how much Manpower Austria have... don't they have like 100k from the beginning?

Probably more like half that, they might get close to 100k if they inherit Burgundy's Dutch lands though. Plus while they have grown themselves, the number of states in the HRE has gone down a ton, and with that their manpower bonus. I really can't imagine Austria right now has an army or manpower that comes close to yours, if you are smart about how you fight them, it should be an easy win.

Haly

What's the player-country list again?

KingSnake - Portugal
Haly - Venice
ZZMitch - Sweden (was Denmark)
Kabouter - Great Britain (was Gelre)
Morfeo - Russia (was Muscovy)
fanboi - France
Mgoblue201 - Barbaric Infidel Muslim Blob (was The Mamluks)

Mgoblue201

Interesting fact: both Byzantium and the Mughals are my vassals.
KingSnake - Portugal
Haly - Venice
ZZMitch - Sweden (was Denmark)
Kabouter - Great Britain (was Gelre)
Morfeo - Russia (was Muscovy)
fanboi - France
Mgoblue201 - Barbaric Infidel Muslim Blob (was The Mamluks)
I wish it was possible to change country names, because I would totally change it to this.

Haly

I was about to fully vassalize the Byzantines but because I was preparing a war with Austria, I totally forgot about Rhodes during the peace deal, so I wound up taking only Corfu.

Haly

Venice AAR - 03/25/2014

Summary: My plan failed, rip.

Haly

Yeah. Still missing like 20 distance. I'll need an advisor or a province from Kingsnake.

Kabouter

Yeah. Still missing a LOT of distance. I'll need an advisor or a province from Kingsnake.

Pro-tip if you do end up making a deal with KingSnake, get the province via war rather than sale. That way when you eventually sell it back, he doesn't have to re-core it.

Morfeo

AAR: Another very frustrating session with tons of revolts and stupid events and dying of kings, but I finally got an heir with strong claim, which was nice for once. I also freed the russians in Crimea that was cruely subjected by the ultra-nationalistic gouvernement, and held an election where 95% of the people voted to join me peacefully! I also freed some provinces from the cruel polish-lithunian commonwealth and both started and completed westernization. Unfortunately the rest of the session was rather uneventful thanks to a boring regency council.

Haly

Pro-tip if you do end up making a deal with KingSnake, get the province via war rather than sale. That way when you eventually sell it back, he doesn't have to re-core it.

I didn't even think of this but I'll let King know, assuming he's not reading this.

Kabouter

I didn't even think of this but I'll let King know, assuming he's not reading this.

Waiting for an advisor is probably your best (easiest) bet though, or waiting for a diplo tech advance, don't know how far away one that boosts colonial range is for you.

Haly

Waiting for an advisor is probably your best (easiest) bet though, or waiting for a diplo tech advance, don't know how far away one that boosts colonial range is for you.

2 more levels, which is maybe 10-15 years off or so.

Mgoblue201

December 4th, 1601:
In the next patch, Paradox apparently plans to add the ability to construct the Suez Canal and form Egypt. I hope they plan on releasing it soon so that I have enough time to take advantage of these decisions.

Morfeo

December 4th, 1601:

In the next patch, Paradox apparently plans to add the ability to construct the Suez Canal and form Egypt. I hope they plan on releasing it soon so that I have enough time to take advantage of these decisions.

How do you get the map like that? I dont even manage to save the game, much less export a global map of it.

ZZMitch

December 4th, 1601:

Where did you hear about this?

Mgoblue201

Where did you hear about this?
The weekly Paradox developer multiplayer session. They talk about all kinds of additions, including a new system called power projection which will alter the dynamics of rivalries. All this is the beta version, of course, and might change drastically, but patch 1.6 is probably going to be the biggest update since the release of the game.

ZZMitch

The weekly Paradox developer multiplayer session. They talk about all kinds of additions, including a new system called power projection which will alter the dynamics of rivalries. All this is the beta version, of course, and might change drastically, but patch 1.6 is probably going to be the biggest update since the release of the game.

Sounds pretty exciting! I need to catch up on those sessions.

Also, to my friends across the pond, when does daylight savings happen in Europe? So I can keep track of when the multiplayer time changes heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom