• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I don't mind too much. Africa's not really profitable for me, I can't convert them for ages and they'll keep giving me rebels. I really only did it to fill time before going for Provence, and for the increase in my naval force limit. I'll sell them to you if you want.

EDIT: kabouter doesn't want to take over Aragon next session if you'd DoW him, so actually, can I sell them to you for 50 gold each and call it a day?
That's a good idea. Next game I'm going to conquer Castile and sell their land back to you. I think 500 gold is a discount for Toledo.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's a good idea. Next game I'm going to conquer Castile and sell their land back to you. I think 500 gold is a discount for Toledo.

Good luck with that. How's France going?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
My game was just a joke this time. Still very shaken from the peasant war, I got a huge uprising entering from Orissa which of course created independence pretty much just after they had finished sieging one of my provinces (and thus taking that with them), while fighting them and not doing particularly well, Bahamis from the north declared war, and while this war seemed to go better thanks to my alliance now joining in on the defensive war, none of the other participants for some reason seemed to ever send a single army south, so I am struggling hard with the combined forces of Bahamis and that new rebel country - both have armies about my size and combined about twice. In the end I finally got a white peace with the rebel nation (and thus loosing a prov and cutting me off from my vassal to the north), but is still fighting what seems to be a loosing war against Bahamis with zero manpower and mercs that cost 45 a piece. This game sucks :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Got insta-fucked by Austria, Palatinate, Augsburg etc before getting a chance to build any army. Then refucked by Switzerland/Salzburg.

I like it

Kabouter

Oh God! what did it do?

It got in a massive coalition war with Denmark (+Kalmar pals), Austria, Bohemia, Brandenburg (AI today) and others. It was forced to release Mazovia (four provinces), cede Chelmno to Denmark and cancel the vassalization of the Livonian Order. It is also at like -89 prestige, so that union with Lithuania isn't looking so hot.

Mleugie

Neo Member
That is worse than when i payed Morocco! So as soon as my king dies I'm down to worst than from where I started?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Scotland AAR
22/7/1452 - 25/06/1462

On the bad side I got an event and lots of noble rebels which costed me some loans and a noble republic. On the good side, I annexed Munster and started the Expansion ideas. Given how the Denmark game is going I think Iceland is still safe for a number of years, so I can focus on that explorer.

Provinces Gained:Munster

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not difficult for Poland to re-ally Lithuania, but the Persona Union is probably fubared. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to mleugie returning to the game as either Lithuania or Poland, depending on their relative power, since it was really an unfortunate war. A player would've capitulated almost immediately, there was simply no way to win it (especially with an AI Brandenburg), and he would've avoided the worst of the Prestige hit.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind us editing mleugi's prestige back to 10. It's very easy to do.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I don't mind us editing mleugi's prestige back to 10. It's very easy to do.

No editing, once you start doing it, all the others want it for random stuff too.

Haly

Considering how many players we have, ~17 by now, almost every game will have a few players missing. I agree with Toma in that file save editing is not something we want to set precedence for this early in the game. However, I don't want us to lose players either, since the game can go on for a long time. So, country hopping should be allowed to a limited extent, as long as it isn't egregiously manipulative.

mkenyon

Banned
Haly is creating a second steam account as we speak to load Denmark, release Saxe-Lauenberg, then Insult Sweden and Norway.

I'm on to you.

Morfeo

Yeah I agree with Toma on no editing - that would just set a terrible precedent.

Btw, while my game is going terrible, Im still having tons of fun playing with this group and especially now that we are so many!

fanboi

Banned
Ottomans AAR
22/7/1452 - 25/06/1462

Nothing really happened... yet. After previous session I needed to recoup a bit (plus I was in truce with almost everyone near me). Took a core province on Anatolia, allied another becuase I felt Venice ´was going for it otherwise (he took Cyprus...).

Will also soon vassalise the nation to the right to me... QUquququoquoqouquoqou something they are called.

Oh! I almost forgot, I started a war gainst Wallachia, which was in coallition with HUngary and Bosnia... what I didn't realize was that Hungary would become war leader and take France into the war. Allthough, I have recieved reports that France isn't mobilizing their army, thank god.

Provinces Gained: Athens (diplo annex), + one more.

Haly

Aq Qoyunlu. Jeez fanboi, do you even EU4?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I agree with Toma on no editing - that would just set a terrible precedent.

Btw, while my game is going terrible, Im still having tons of fun playing with this group and especially now that we are so many!

why do you not sleep at night though?

Haly

"Oh Morfeo, tell me more about your huge rebel stacks."

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
LOL

yeah, that must definitely be it

"Her body wasn't quite ready, but then I told her about my huge ass rebel stacks"

Kabouter

Anyone have a map from yesterday? Kab?

eu4_map_frn_1462_06_24ejcg.png
:)

Haly

No, Mgo had no vassals last I checked. He's actually trying to vassalize Friesland currently.

Morfeo

why do you not sleep at night though?

Maybe a ladyfriend came over unexpectedly?

...and wanted him to talk EU4 multiplayer online, because that just really does it for her.

"Oh Morfeo, tell me more about your huge rebel stacks."

LOL!

Actually, I woke up because my son peed in the bed which fucking sucked as I had to clean the mess in the midle of the night :( Back to diapers during the night now I think (even though his mother will kill me for that).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
LOL!

Actually, I woke up because my son peed in the bed which fucking sucked as I had to clean the mess in the midle of the night :( Back to diapers during the night now I think (even though his mother will kill me for that).

don't do that, just make him go to the toilet before you put him to bed, and if it continues to be a problem, take him to the toilet when you go to bed yourself (middle of the night for him). Also, pretend it's not a big deal if it happens, as he could get hung up about it

Is CloudWolf going to play Brandenburg regularly from here on?

fanboi

Banned
Dat thread title change.

EDIT: And I agree with Roboleon on that. Don't make a big deal out of it since he would most likely feel ashamed if you used diapers again which wull prolong the usage of diapers I Think.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad my contribution to the thread is recognized instantly. I have, after all, written a doctoral thesis on the matter.

Fitz

The quality of that gif is abysmal, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Also North America looks like a disco ball.

fanboi

Banned
The quality of that gif is abysmal, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Also North America looks like a disco ball.

Well I tried adding my 5000x2200 resolution pics but the software compressed to 800x220 something... which made europé impossible to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom