• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Aar:

Drank half a bottle of a nice Brunello di Montalcino

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
AAR:

Took four provinces - conquered Urbino, took 3 from Venice. Currently assisting France against Burgundy. It is a tedious war because numerically the Franco-Aragonese alliance has overwhelming superiority, but the French generals are so immensely dumb that they either a) sit around and do nothing, not even sieging, b) wander off to other parts of the country because apparently Languedoc needed inspecting, and c) failing to chase and stackwipe Burgundy's defeated armies. Fortunately, with Italy consolidated under my rule and 4 Quantity ideas, I have enough wealth to get a zillion jillion mercs and even if I didn't my manpower is supercharged and barely scratched at the moment. My peace demands are not grand - Burgundy returns Guyenne to France. Any peace deal involving that is acceptable to me. Otherwise, I'll keep pushing and pushing until France makes their own offer at 40/50/60/70%, who knows. Ball is in your court, mgo.
I would be willing to do that, but can I at least get some war score in my favor first?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I would be willing to do that, but can I at least get some war score in my favor first?

Given Burgundy increasing war-score implies France losing more manpower and troops, no. Also it creates more an incentive for you to make a peace offer now, rather than later, because I have other things I want to be doing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Or do you have first hand knowledge?

Incredibly relieved lol. Anyways, hope you will play, as I suspect the Timurid war-mongering AI might want to declare war between our peaceful nations.

The Timurid AI is quite good, FACE might come back to find the Mughal Empire.

CloudWolf

I'm at a birthday right now and I'm not sure if I'll be able to play tonight. If I'm not online on Steam at 21:00, I will not join today's game.

I really, really hope the AI can handle the war I'm in.

Kabouter

ID is 90092043545090055

Also turned hotjoining off since it seems to circumvent the host only save thing, and hotjoining is broken as fuck anyway. We'll just have to restart if someone drops. That said, if someone drops more than once in a session, we're not restarting for them then, he'll have to hope someone else drops.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I beseech the Emperor of All Spain, King of Aragon, Castile, Leon, Portugal, Galicia, Navarre, Sardinia and the Two Sicilies, King in Mallorca, Menorca, Toledo, Seville, Murcia, Cordoba, Jaen, Algeciras, Algarve, Corsica, the Canary Islands, and Cape Verde; Prince of Catalonia, Asturias, Girona, and Viana; Duke of Montblanc, Milan, Ferrara, and Mantua; Marquis of Liguria, Oristano, and Goceano; Count of Roussillon, Cerdanya, Cervera, Barcelona; Osona, Besalu and Covadonga; Lord of Balaguer, Biscay and Molina; and Defender of the Faith, and we declare this...

war of anti-dickishness.

A gross overestimation of his own tactical capabilities and general misdemeanor in official conduct with other nations lead to an unthinkable alliance in which the honorable mamluks and ottomans found an agreement to punish the crown of aragon for their most bothersome attitude, hubris and behaviour.

This war shall serve as a reminder for the whole world to treat your fellow rulers with respect, be it in defeat or victory and that alliances might spring up for not only tactical reasons, but also common decency.

The Ottoman and Mamluk people slightly bow their head in shame for betraying a common ally, but the circumstances led us to the current day, which hopefully will be remembered by future generations as the day in which we sparked the light of hope. May the decency be with us all.

In memories of past allied victories,
Fanboi & Toma

fanboi

Banned
I beseech the Emperor of All Spain, King of Aragon, Castile, Leon, Portugal, Galicia, Navarre, Sardinia and the Two Sicilies, King in Mallorca, Menorca, Toledo, Seville, Murcia, Cordoba, Jaen, Algeciras, Algarve, Corsica, the Canary Islands, and Cape Verde; Prince of Catalonia, Asturias, Girona, and Viana; Duke of Montblanc, Milan, Ferrara, and Mantua; Marquis of Liguria, Oristano, and Goceano; Count of Roussillon, Cerdanya, Cervera, Barcelona; Osona, Besalu and Covadonga; Lord of Balaguer, Biscay and Molina; and Defender of the Faith, and we declare this...

war of anti-dickishness.

A gross overestimation of his own tactical capabilities and general misdemeanor in official conduct with other nations lead to an unthinkable alliance in which the honorable mamluks and ottomans found an agreement to punish the crown of aragon for their most bothersome attitude, hubris and behaviour.

This war shall serve as a reminder for the whole world to treat your fellow rulers with respect, be it in defeat or victory and that alliances might spring up for not only tactical reasons, but also common decency.

The Ottoman and Mamluk people slightly bow their head in shame for betraying a common ally, but the circumstances led us to the current day, which hopefully will be remembered by future generations as the day in which we sparked the light of hope. May the decency be with us all.

Fanboi & Toma

Co-signed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Seems a bit pointless, I was just about to give you half of Venice.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

war of anti-dickishness.

Fanboi & Toma

Im sending my peaceful approval from India!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not actually Defender of the Faith any more, at least get my courtesy titles right.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Seems a bit pointless, I was just about to give you half of Venice.

The war isnt really about territory ;p

It was really annoying how you looked down on others and how you treated other players in the chat/here in the thread. Basically, you have almost all the MP players against you in the current game, and even though I would have preferred keeping you as a ally, fanboi and me decided that punishment is due.

We'll stop once we... fucking rock the house.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The war isnt really about territory ;p

It was really annoying how you looked down on others and how you treated other players in the chat/here in the thread. Basically, you have almost all the MP players against you in the current game, and even though I would have preferred keeping you as a ally, fanboi and me decided that punishment is due.

We'll stop once we... fucking rock the house.

If you're declaring war on me because you think I'm a dick rather than for actual strategic reasons, I'd prefer to quit. :/ I don't really want to play a game where nobody wants my presence.

fanboi

Banned
If you're declaring war on me because you think I'm a dick rather than for actual strategic reasons, I'd prefer to quit. :/ I don't really want to play a game where nobody wants my presence.

Was just about to post that we still like you... just some advance RP right now...

No you aint a dick, and everyone else can agree.

Toma

We'd like you to stay in the game if you pull back on your comments towards other players in the future, especially when winning.

...your Castile PU (and the alliance with france for now) has to go though, and we'll end this. We'll finish this situation and consider this the punishment. ;)

Kabouter

This will be an interesting war to watch, massive powers butting heads. Curious to see how things develop :)
Definitely won't be an easy victory for whoever wins.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I forgot to suck french dick (aka call my willing Ally) before declaring on Ansbach (that is the coalition), so things went pretty steeply downhill in the end of this session for me :eek:

And I really hope Crab stays in the game, and don't take any of this shit personal or too serious. I've read his cocky posts as at least partly role-playing too

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

Nobody thinks that you or any of the other players here are a dick, but I also understand where the attackers are coming from with regards to your playstyle and comments in the thread, and considering how Valheim went down, this shouldnt come as too big of a surprise for you. With that said, the worst possible outcome of this, would be if you quit, that would suck for everybody. We all want you in the game.

I also feel the demands Toma posted are very reasonable, and wont set you back too much. You are still in a waaaay better situation than most others, notably myself who is just waiting to know who will get to me and annex me first.

fanboi

Banned
Nobody thinks that you or any of the other players here are a dick, but I also understand where the attackers are coming from with regards to your playstyle and comments in the thread, and considering how Valheim went down, this shouldnt come as too big of a surprise for you. With that said, the worst possible outcome of this, would be if you quit, that would suck for everybody. We all want you in the game.

I also feel the demands Toma posted are very reasonable, and wont set you back too much. You are still in a waaaay better situation than most others, notably myself who is just waiting to know who will get to me and annex me first.

Toma, you get da beaches.

I get da Mountains? :>

ZZMitch

Sounds like an interesting war guys!

It kind of worked out that my Venice collapsed because uni/internship have really started to get rolling so I don't have much free time. Along with my responsibilities running my faculty's Intramural program I haven't had any time for gaming! But I am sorry I didn't stick around till the end I kind of feel like a quitter :p

Kabouter

Oh, I should also post how it went for me this session. It went great! Thanks to support from Haly got through issues with rebels and built some buildings, and more importantly, got a bunch of new provinces. I even now have a point! 73rd in score! Woo!

I think if you don't take out Roboleon soon, him annexing you is inevitable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Hansa AAR
11/28/1524 - 12/01/1537

Summary: Concluded the war with Denmark from the end of the last session. They were well out of vassalization range, so I settled for Sjaelland and Brunswick, my old vassal.

In the following years, I went rebel stomping with Kabouter in the Americas while preparing for the invasion of Sweden. Once Fitz gave me the go-ahead, we tag teamed Sweden-Lithuania. Naval supremacy was invaluable here as I was able to lock their 27 stack of overpowered Swedish troops on Aland while Fitz and I ran amok on the mainland. He concluded by taking a bunch of Lithuania and the rest of Finland, his gigantic vassal, while I settled for Skane, Vastergotland and returning a few cores to Denmark.

Modest rewards yes, but essential for continuing my superiority in the Baltic regions. Despite my overwhelming naval forces, my manpower is still that of a minor country and cannot handle consecutive wars like the last one. The more I can pick away at either Scandinavian power, without cost to myself, the better.

Before the session ended, I released Norway in preparation for my dismantlement of Denmark.

Provinces Gained: Sjaelland, Skane, Vastergotland
Provinces Lost: Faroarna
Vassals Gained: Brunswick (Braunschweig, Hannover), Norway (Faroarna)
Colonial Provinces Gained: Too many to count, America is basically Kab's
Colonies Gained: Seminole, Apalachee, Manahoac, Unami

Toma

Btw, forgot to mention. If you dont want to accept the war goals stated above and we do actually fight out this war, in the spirit of the game, we are going to take whatever we can get :p

Just a heads up :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

Fitz

After Awesome Report: PUNY Turks and their Ancient Egyptian friends give in to demands of mighty Russia without a fight! Leaving their only resort to pick on the peaceful peoples of Iberia.

fanboi

Banned
After Awesome Report: PUNY Turks and their Ancient Egyptian friends give in to demands of mighty Russia without a fight! Leaving their only resort to pick on the peaceful peoples of Iberia.

Ehem, you know, the fights we actually took we won right?

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN

Kabouter

Or what Gelre says... or Ming... oh wait...

Can I just get my 0/10 rating now so I can pick any nation next game? :+

Edit: That said, as a colonial nation, things are going well so far! Maybe I'm only good at EU4 when other people tell me what to do :+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom