• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Here's the current map of the world if fanboi wants to stitch it into the time-lapse gif.

ibaux75pJEx1hv.png

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The Hansa AAR
12/01/1537 - 11/06/1548

Summary: Played the waiting game. Ended the session with a war against Denmark/Sweden that I'm going to easily win.

In other news, mgo finally gained the upper hand over France, which means I'm fucked.
Our agreement is still good, as far as I'm concerned. I left Cologne for you (assuming you want it) instead of annexing it for myself.

Kabouter

Well, tbh, it wouldn't make sense if you could just protect your country from attack by never being there, and I think Digby has been away enough that it's fair. Wouldn't be fair if someone is just missing a single session though imo.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't the Timurids be the Mughals by now anyway?

Haly

So, Banished is really fun.

I wish each of my provinces in EU4 was also a village building sim.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, and all battles should be rts so I could cheese my way to glory!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So, Banished is really fun.

I wish each of my provinces in EU4 was also a village building sim.

This would be amazing! It is seriously my dream-game.

Yes, and all battles should be rts so I could cheese my way to glory!

This on the other hand already exists in games like Rise of Nations - and it very predictably sucks hard.

Edit: And of course even moreso in the Total War-series which is also incredibly boring imo.

Kabouter

This on the other hand already exists in games like Rise of Nations - and it very predictably sucks hard.

Edit: And of course even moreso in the Total War-series which is also incredibly boring imo.

Nothing sucks about Rise of Nations. Best traditional RTS ever.

Fitz

Bashing Rise of Nations and Total War in one post. You've just made an enemy for life.

Kabouter

Bashing Rise of Nations and Total War in one post. You've just made an enemy for life.

Boy, this would be really unfortunate for Morfeo if you were playing a country that (directly or indirectly) had possession of most of Central Asia, and he was in Northern India with relatively primitive technology and inferior troop numbers.

Morfeo

Nothing sucks about Rise of Nations. Best traditional RTS ever.

The RTS-mechanics in the game are good, but the empire-parts suck imo, which is why i used it as an example of a game that combined the two and failed - and it didnt even work in multiplayer, so what was the point. Best traditional rts is Star Craft!

What can I say. Total War sucks hard, and somebody has to tell the world.

Boy, this would be really unfortunate for Morfeo if you were playing a country that (directly or indirectly) had possession of most of Central Asia, and he was in Northern India with relatively primitive technology and inferior troop numbers.

At least this might get me a better ranking and thus nation to play next game!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bought a bunk bed for the kids. This is not working out exactly as planned so far, I hope I don't have to hot join

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it would be better to join now, and let the game run in the background while I do the lords work

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The people of Aragon send their regards to the great Tsars in Russia and shall mark the noble sacrifice of their people with a day of national celebration. Long may they prosper! I did my best in the engagement, but Austria wouldn't give me access so I was restricted to my mail and territories without actually being able to send troops into the Balkans. stackwiped I think about 35k Ottoman troops and 20k Mamluk troops, but they weren't impressive fights, I was just picking off small landing parties one after the other. Also, I was struggling to coordinate my troops at times due to a lack of sobriety, so that was probably for the best.

Kabouter

Land of the Free AAR

I keep getting less tiny every session. It is going well :). Took most of the Aztecs and will take Mexico itself next session, also took care of a few native OPMs. Need to expand my armies a bit more and then I'll take care of the big native alliances up north next game I think. Clean up that coastline.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
actividades.jpg

Thank you, Burgundian troopers, please come to party!

Morfeo

AAR: Vassalized Shan/Burma and Gujarat, annexed Sind to link up with my Punjabi-vassal, and prepared my defenses against the inevitable horde invasion from the north.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
*tips his hat to muscovy & friends*

Very well fought.

CloudWolf

AAR:

#fissa or as the Germans would say #partei

I was preparing to die a thousand deaths this game, but then I noticed something awesome. I could declare war on Anhalt (allied with Poland) and I could call in Austria. Which was awesome for two reasons:

1. Austria is much, much more capable than me in winning wars
2. Austria being allied with Poland was one of the reasons why I lost my war against Poland a few sessions ago and now I could use them against Poland

So, I saw, I fabricated a claim and I conquered. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take countries that weren't my core/that I didn't have a claim on (not sure why exactly, but they didn't show up in the peace screen), but that was fine. From that war I took back Vorpommern (claim), Hinterpommern (core), Anhalt (claim) and Neumark (core). Also, apparently Silesia became an independent state and Brandenburg has this mission that basically says "So, about that Silesia guy... You should totally conquer him.", so now Breslau's mine too.

As Ice Cube once said, today was a good day.

Fitz

Once again, puny southerners flee before withering fire of mighty Russian arms!

Had some great fun there today, well played to all involved in that war, it felt like you guys had stacks of 20-30 hidden all over the place. That battle in the Hungarian hills was fantastic, didn't think I had a chance, proved to be the turning point for sure though. Losing my little navy early on was a shame, had some fun blockading the sound and retreating a few times.

Haly

The Hansa AAR
11/06/1548 - 09/04/1562

Summary: Concluded the war from the last session with minimal damage to myself. I don't think Sweden and Denmark are problems anymore.

I tried to get Poland into a war but they opted out when I declared war on Anhalt. As a consolation prize, I skipped a few years in my truce with Sweden and went on take more of their land while releasing provinces to Norway.

Provinces Gained: Smaland, Ostergotland, Narke, Varmland
Provinces Released: Akureyri, Agder, Bohuslan, Akershus, Bergenshus, Trondelag, Jamtland, Halogaland, The Shetlands

Map:

FACE

Banned
AAR:

This was the first productive session for me. I was able to vassalize a country(Oriat), annex another(Baluchstan) and finally reformed my government. Now I only need one province to form the Mughal Empire.

Kabouter

AAR:

This was the first productive session for me. I was able to vassalize a country(Oriat), annex another(Baluchstan) and finally reformed my government. Now I only need one province to form the Mughal Empire.

Is Morfeo shitting himself yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom