• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Hey guys I'm real sorry but I don't think I will make it back in time today. Went out shopping with a friend and we are stuck in traffic coming back.

mkenyon

Banned
Updated map:

ls7NIt7.png

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
My game:

Started out by crushing the Bahamis or whatever they are called in the north, had +1 stab, no war exhaustion and 3k manpower which seemingly triggered the FUCKING peasant war which basically destroyed me. I declared war on some neighbours to get my allies and them to enter my country and fight the rebels, which worked decently, and I just got out of that stupid event chain at the end, but still have like 20k rebels, war with three neighbours and a ton of loans and terrible events to deal with.

Conclusion: Got two new provs but my country is in terrible shape. Not looking good for next session.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My game:

Morfeo complaining. Face complaining. Peasant wars everywhere. Austria everywhere. England everywhere, actually getting it everywhere. I conquered Ulster and vasalized Munster . Insulted (somehow) and allied France. Castille knows Mgo. The end.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That session went alright. I had the sindicat remenca event fire about 2 years into the game, giving me -1% revolt risk and +20% goods production in all my cores, and then had the cathedral of Saint Mary event fire 6 months later for a permanent +2% missionary strength, so pleased with that. I also won a war I had absolutely no right to - my 11-stack started attacking a 5-stack from Lorraine across a river on a mountain penalty, and then a 16-stack from Provence joined in, but against all odds I rolled four 9 die in a row, narrowly beat them, then stack-wiped the low morale Provence stack, seiged Provence successfully and pushed them out of the war, and managed to sue Austria for peace, winning Corsica and 72 ducats. Only downside was that Austria annexed my ally, Urbino, and cored them by the end of the session - a nice surprise for zzmitch when he arrives next session. The craziest thing is Aragon's starting monarch is 63, I think, and I lost an initial battle to put me down to negative prestige. If I hadn't had those crazy rolls, I'd have a) definitely lost the war, and b) lost my PU with Naples because of it. So yeah, extremely lucky start.

I've now recovered war exhaustion and so on to the point I'm ready to have a go at Castile, who have been weakened by a war with England to form a PU with Navarre. Somewhat annoyed about that because I was literally a month away from vassalizing Navarre when it happened, but oh well. Win some, lose some. In the long run I think it'll help because Castile now has 22 troops to my 20, and Valhelm has a 13 stack in Portugal, so we're well positioned to start dividing Castile between us. My original monarch died, and I got a 3/1/4 heir, who had a 3/2/2 heir. That 3/2/2 heir made a crazy 4/2/2/1 general that got me a lot of my wins, but as a result died in battle. He was replaced somewhat later by an 0/6/0, which is... less good. I also helped Portugal win a province in Morocco, although it was AI Portugal. Still, if you're wondering why you own Casablanca, Valhelm, that was me. :) Iberian buddies.

Allies Gained: Portugal, France
Allies Gained, Lost: Burgundy, Navarre, Urbino
Vassals/junior partners: Naples
Provinces gained: Corsica

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Hansa AAR
11/11/1444 - 22/7/1452

Summary: Had a rocky start as I allied Austria and joined his war against Burgandy-France-Aragon, preventing me from warring within the HRE for the first few years. I opted to White Peace with Aragon in order to bow out of the war without breaking my Alliance so I could begin expansion. Bremen fell first, followed quickly by Brunswick, then Magdeburg. I made the mistake of taking Hannover on top of vassalizing Brunswick, because Oldenburg bowed out and I panic peaced.

Unfortunately, Saxe-Lauenberg allied Denmark shortly after their war with Brandenberg. Since it's a necessary county to connect my starting provinces, I've allied it as well and I'm racing to vassalize it before Denmark can. Without a player-controlled Sweden, I don't dare to fight Denmark yet. Waiting for next session to help break it up with Manik.

In other news, I'm rich as fuck.

Provinces Gained: Stade, Luneburg
Vassals Gained: Brunswick (Hannover, Brunswick)
Allies Gained: Austria, Saxe-Lauenburg
Allies Lost: Riga, Bremen, Magdeburg

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
My game:

Morfeo complaining. Face complaining. Peasant wars everywhere. Austria everywhere. England everywhere, actually getting it everywhere. I conquered Ulster and vasalized Munster . Insulted (somehow) and allied France. Castille knows Mgo. The end.

You should have been here, my complaining was only a drop in the ocean compared to the hell that transpired in southern india.

mkenyon

Banned
Bavaria's AAR:

Day 1 war with Ansbach. Somehow, despite extensive testing beforehand, they allied Austria which then joined in the war a week after it started. Palatine too, but that's expected. After seeing my army crushed, I Conceded Defeat, and pretty much started the game with -30 Prestige, and I didn't get the bonus stability from the mission to take Ansbach.

I then moved my sights to Ausburg who only had Salzburg in an Alliance. By the time the claim was complete, they also allied Wurttemberg.

This was still too much for them to handle my alliance, which consisted of Baden, Bohemia, and Ulm. I gained Konstanz as a province, and Ausburg as a vassal.

The spoils of war allowed me to help fund the Brandenburgian conquest of Mecklenberg, and earned me a Royal Marriage with those Prussians-to-be.

Switzerland looked to capitalize on our loss of manpower and declared war on Baden, but was quickly repelled.

All in all, ended the session with an additional territory, an new vassal, as well as a firm alliance with Ulm (vassal in the making) and Baden.

Allies: Bohemia, Baden, Ulm, (Brandenburg)
Vassals: Ausburg
Money: No loans, and a fat wad of cash.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good thing that the Ottomans are player controlled, or else ZZMitch would be in trouble.

He's in trouble anyway. He can expand either into the Ottomans or into Austria.

Haly

It's because of power balance, Mkenyon. If the AI detects that certain alliances are made, it'll form other alliances. Because players don't ally like AI do, there's no actual way to predict how AI will behave in a MP game from a SP game.

Fitz

Nothing special here, the usual for Muscovy. Began breaking up Novgorod, got into a war with The Horde. Still unsure if I'm going to westernise or not.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
He's in trouble anyway. He can expand either into the Ottomans or into Austria.
If France decides that the easiest route of expansion is through the HRE, and doesn't declare war on me first, then Austria could be vulnerable to a Venetian attack.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If France decides that the easiest route of expansion is through the HRE, and doesn't declare war on me first, then Austria could be vulnerable to a Venetian attack.

Actually, if zzmitch moves quickly he can catch Austria now. They declared 2 wars and were involved in 2 defensive ones already. If he's not careful they'll entrench in Italy, though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing special here, the usual for Muscovy. Began breaking up Novgorod, got into a war with The Horde. Still unsure if I'm going to westernise or not.

Don't. If you Westernize, you can't vassalize the Chinese minors, only protectorate.

Haly

Nah, I'm allied with Austria and I know what they're capable of. Venice doesn't stand a chance.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I'm allied with Austria and I know what they're capable of. Venice doesn't stand a chance.

Really? I beat up one of their stacks, a little 12k sitting in Savoy. Didn't wipe it, though. My guess is even if they have lots of troops, they're already low on manpower.

Fitz

Don't. If you Westernize, you can't vassalize the Chinese minors, only protectorate.

What about trade companies? Haven't had a chance to try them yet, better off directly owning the land I assume. Keeping income down for westernisation seems like it'd make the whole thing not worth it anyway, doubt I will.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What about trade companies? Haven't had a chance to try them yet, better off directly owning the land I assume. Keeping income down for westernisation seems like it'd make the whole thing not worth it anyway, doubt I will.

Yep, better off directly owning.

Haly

I don't know what Venice's manpower situation is like but it's probably not amazing since they went for Albania, and then wardecced Fanboi.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Trade Companies give you additional merchants once they reach 50% in the region. Definitely helpful for trade based empires, but not so much what Russia would be going for.

By the time Fitz reaches China and takes 50% of the available territory, I doubt he'll care about merchants.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I will be colonizing.

Are you going to try and get a chunk of Brittany/Ireland to increase your range, or just wait until it comes into natural range of the Hansa?

Haly

I'll just wage war on him if he takes Iceland.

Kabouter

Might have to race KingSnake. Scotland->Iceland->Greenland->Canada is a pretty classic route for building up Scottish strength.

He doesn't need to take Iceland if he has Ireland. You'll need diplo tech 7 and three ideas in exploration either way afaik.

Not necessarily. If there's a lot of competition, then it may not be worth the investment in points.

So that's:
- Portugal
- Hansa
- Scotland
- Aragon (saw them take exploration yesterday iirc)

That's it right? I suppose Sweden could, but if the Hansa takes Iceland they're going to be too late.

Haly

KingSnake is already on Ireland, I don't want to intrude, nor would it be convenient.

Kabouter

KingSnake is already on Ireland, I don't want to intrude, nor would it be convenient.

Yeah, I'm just saying that KingSnake won't have to conquer Iceland to go colonial, so there would be no conflict there between you two. Certainly the two base tax Iceland is worth (I think) is not worth the effort of a PvP war unless KingSnake specifically wants to expend the effort to keep you from going colonial.

fanboi

Banned
My Ottomans went OK.

Took 7 provinces and vassalized athens.

Got jumped on by Venice and Hungary which i will fight of, will ask ZZmitch(he is Venice?) for white peace.

Kabouter

Anyone have an actual up to date map by the way? I forgot to make a map screenshot yesterday at the end of the session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom