• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why don't you come into the HRE and say that to Hansa's face!?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I wouldnt joke with my rebels! I have just used them to more or less reinstate the peace in two of my neighboring countries who was stupid enough to intervene in the peasant war, and am now on my way to besiege their capitals while my rebels fight their armies.

Haly

140153064104.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So how would you guys feel about a disgustingly skilled player suddenly jumping on a European nation like Austria or Bohemia tomorrow?

If there's any objection at all I'm fine with playing a japanese region or Korea or whatever

Fitz

So how would you guys feel about a disgustingly skilled player suddenly jumping on a European nation like Austria or Bohemia tomorrow?

If there's any objection at all I'm fine with playing a japanese region or Korea or whatever

The Germany region is jam-packed with nations untouched by player hands, selecting Austria or Bohemia could bring a wealth of new possibilities to an otherwise troubled region. I wholeheartedly support your commendable decision.

Do it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I am against someone playing Austria in the current setup, otherwise personally I dont care, but I am not a Euro so the others would need to decide that.

Haly

When I picked The Hansa, neither Brandenburg nor Baravia were player controlled. Two more players joined in on those countries, and while it put a slight damper on my plans, I didn't really have any problem with it because it'd make the European theatre more interesting. However, the HRE as it is now is crowded enough already. I would rather not see a player Austria on top of it all.

mkenyon

Banned

Just take over my Bavaria. It's in a pretty good spot to start taking the Rhineland before Austria. Ansbach is a Vassal, Ulm is a BFF that will be a Vassal, Baden is a BFF, Bohemia is on great terms, and Konstanz is fully integrated with no Unlawful Territory. Manpower is a bit low though.

Austria has been too busy responding to any sort of altercation to actually further their own holdings.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Just take over my Bavaria. It's in a pretty good spot to start taking the Rhineland before Austria. Ansbach is a Vassal, Ulm is a BFF that will be a Vassal, Baden is a BFF, Bohemia is on great terms, and Konstanz is fully integrated with no Unlawful Territory. Manpower is a bit low though.

Austria has been too busy responding to any sort of altercation to actually further their own holdings.

You forgot to mention the proximity to MGO - a definite damper on the bavarian possibilities if our earlier sessions (or this very threat-title) is anything to go by!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So I take MGO is hot shit and something to look out for if I join as Bav tonight? :)

Hopefully he has stuff to sort out with some Louis or Charles (which were all reptilian shapeshifters btw)

fanboi

Banned
Also, all you people that isn't in the Steam group GAF EU4 MP, please join it, or add me on Steam and I will add you to it (I think I can otherwise toma has to do it).

It is a good way to keep in touch and remind people when we are having a session.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So I take MGO is hot shit and something to look out for if I join as Bav tonight? :)

Hopefully he has stuff to sort out with some Louis or Charles (which were all reptilian shapeshifters btw)

Basically, don't piss off Brandenburg, Hansa or Poland that much because I suspect the four of you will be involved in some mighty anti-Burgundy coalitions.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Also, all you people that isn't in the Steam group GAF EU4 MP, please join it, or add me on Steam and I will add you to it (I think I can otherwise toma has to do it).

It is a good way to keep in touch and remind people when we are having a session.

added you, invite pls

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Basically, don't piss off Brandenburg, Hansa or Poland that much because I suspect the four of you will be involved in some mighty anti-Burgundy coalitions.
It's better to interact with a peaceful Burgundy than an aggressive AI France.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
about time Toma got a tag for doing the lord's work around here

Kabouter

It's better to interact with a peaceful Burgundy than an aggressive AI France.

1. There is no reason to suspect peacefulness on Burgundy's end given the superlative size of the Egyptian empire in the previous game (or the Japanese empire in the one before that)
2. Depends who is being targeted by said aggression

Pffft Kab? That peasant.

Nah, I'm more like a nomad, because I don't have a country of my own, I just squat in other people's.

VnXONi4.png

GAME TIME IS:

WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

GAME PASSWORD QUOTE TO SEE:

WHO PLAY WHO

Code:
CloudWolf	Brandenburg
Colkate		Muscovy
Crab		Aragon
FACE		Timurids
fanboi		Ottoman
Haly		The Hansa
Kabouter	Colonial Nation (start in observe mode)
KingSnake	Scotland
Manik		Sweden
Mgoblue201	Burgundy
mleugie		Poland
Morfeo		Vijayanagar
Toma		Mamluks
Valhelm		Portugal
ZZMitch 	Venice
mkenyon		Bavaria

pKKwPlP.png

RULES

GAME SETTINGS

USED DLC:S

SERVER INFO (quote to see):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Previous sessions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668353

Quoting OP in full this time for password.

Toma

Quoting OP in full this time for password.

Edit your post and read the magic message below the line "Quote to see" :p

Although it might be a bit late to join, if you are still interested, there is a list of countries that still can be played on the last page of the thread (excluding Ayutthaya).

Kabouter

Edit your post and read the magic message below the line "Quote to see" :p

Although it might be a bit late to join, if you are still interested, there is a list of countries that still can be played on the last page of the thread (excluding Ayutthaya).

That's the country he's going with :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ready to join in as Bavaria

let's do this!

Fitz

Hardly got anything done this session, stupid extended truces. Was silky smooth at least though, really looking forward to next session. Also condolences to Mleugie, that was a nasty coalition you had against going, you should be able to recover most of your losses though.

Toma

Rather uneventful session for my humble mamelukians other than the friendly banter with my best aragonese buddy.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I almost regret signing peace with France. I should have just completely merc'd up and tried to get them to capitulate.

Haly

The Hansa AAR
22/7/1452 - 25/06/1462

Summary: Denmark vassalized Saxe-Lauenburg, cutting me off from Lubeck permanently. To make matters worse, somehow I incurred a 20 year truce with Magdeburg, which rendered me unable to take Altmark when they were at their weakest. I managed to expand westwards a little into Oldenburg and Westfalen, but most of the session was spent waiting and watching. To make matters worse, I finally got coalition'd, making it difficult for me to expand any further. I really need to take the fight to Denmark, and soon, since they just exhausted their manpower fighting a punitive war against Poland-Lithuania. If there was a time for you to come back to the game, Manik, it would be now.

Still rich as fuck.

Provinces Gained: Oldenburg, Westfalen
Allies Lost: Saxe-Lauenburg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Rather uneventful session for my humble mamelukians other than the friendly banter with my best aragonese buddy.

If I've done my maths right, I've left Algeria with one province too many to vassalize.

:D

Toma

If I've done my maths right, I've left Algeria with one province too many to vassalize.

:D

I considered doing the same, but prolonged war lowers the requirement for the peace deals, so we'll see how that turns out. If I take everything except 1 province, I still got more than you did, which I would see as a success considering you started the war before me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I considered doing the same, but prolonged war lowers the requirement for the peace deals, so we'll see how that turns out. If I take everything except 1 province, I still got more than you did, which I would see as a success considering you started the war before me.

I don't mind too much. Africa's not really profitable for me, I can't convert them for ages and they'll keep giving me rebels. I really only did it to fill time before going for Provence, and for the increase in my naval force limit. I'll sell them to you if you want.

EDIT: kabouter doesn't want to take over Aragon next session if you'd DoW him, so actually, can I sell them to you for 50 gold each and call it a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom