• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Parliament Elections 2014 |OT| The Undemocratic EU is Actually Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
Please do!

You'll be a national hero.

Yes. Do it. Egg him if you can't. Tesco have got a Farage special.

JvJHvHi.jpg

the lefty tears. delicious.

3Sixty

Griffin out. Asked whether the people had rejected his party’s racist policies, he said: “They’ve voted for Ukip’s racist policies instead.”

Fucking hell. Nick Griffin talking sense.

What is life.

Nicktendo86

Holy crap Labour in third!
Your prediction of first is going down the drain.

People discussing ukip: the best thing the other parties can do is debate with them when the manifestos come out as their policy on anything other than the EU is fucking nuts, I am sure their vote share will go down from low come may 2015.

TCRS

Banned
voting for the only anti-EU party makes you a racist scum. it's like people can't differentiate. only on neoGAF.

Woah. Did just read the Front Naitonal is against homosecuality, against abortion and for death punishment.

Hey, Le Pen, we don't live in the middle ages anymore.

I'm not so sure. Do you remember how Minute trolled Marine Le Pen during the Manif pour tous (anti gay-marriage protests), saying that her silence and refusal to take part in it were caused by the existence of a gay lobby in the FN (Paul-Marie Coûteaux, Florian Philippot, Steeve Briois, etc.)?

TCRS

Banned
Racist scum. I'll repeat it. RACIST SCUM.

7QqUj8u.jpg

to all others: are you seriously incapable of differentiating? 30% of the voters are racist scum? tell me, which party do the people who want the UK teave the EU or limit the EUs influence vote for? Labour, LibDem, Conservative? All three are essentially pro-EU parties. Or does voting for an anti-EU stance make you racist? Actually, in the lefty world view that wouldn't surprise me.

dalin80

Banned
A UKIP Defence force? GAF truly has it all.

It's more that GAF is the only place left / liberal enough on the internet where UKIP members are definitely the exception. Most other forums (at least UK based ones I'm following) show membership support much closer to the real world results.

Marc

Look at Farage's comments on LBC, numerous members making racist and homophobic comments and some of them being elected to represent the party. That's just a sample. Some of them may be removed but if every member of the party holding views like these is removed you're going to end up struggling to find people to stand.

Branding the entire party as racist or as anything may be painting with broad strokes, but you can't deny that there the party has homophobes, racists, sexists and bigots aplenty. I'm not saying that other parties don't but they seem to be much more prevalent in UKIP than anywhere else.

There's a difference between pointing out trends in the members of a party and discriminating based on race or other characteristics.

If you are making the accusation then quote the relevant parts as presentation, usually how debate works. Not going through a 20 minute video to pick out what you want. But basically you are taking the actions of a few to categorize and entire party and voter base. So all of Labour steal money through fraudulent claims in the expenses system, murder hundreds of thousands of people, warmongers, make secret deals with private companies in turn for jobs after... or can get into convicted criminal offences such as rapes, child sex offences and such. All more serious than talking shit. Do you think we could come up with a higher number of MP's for established parties doing things 'worse' (criminally recognised as) than racism? As for finding new members, seems like they have a whole lot of new voters to pick and choose from... including scots, those little englanders.

That is certainly the painting that has been put together by rival parties and established media, they certainly have those elements. Which they are trying to deal with so why ignore that but take on the negative only? Again, if you wanted to you can label some pretty horrific shit at the main parties. Torture, invasion of privacy on a massive scale, murder, warmongering, rapes, fraud, stealing etc. which are all very serious issues the same as racism. One party has the mud that is sticking, the others are much bigger so it is easier to shake off that mud to some extent.

Again, those trends exist in current MP's. Voting against what the people of their country wanted such as Iraq, Lisbon Treaty etc. so what is that exactly? Ed Miliband involved at the very heart of the country being crippled by debt and abused by banks. Peoples lives are destroyed by those actions. There is so much terrible shit the main parties have done, I find it incredible how you can purposefully blind yourself to it. From my point of view, there is no perfect party, there isn't even a good party available right now. They're all pretty shit to be frank, and a lot have blood on their hands amongst other things. To accuse one over the other is party politics at play and that disappoints me more than most things. You have an MP that steals money from the country, and they all get together to say "Oh, poor dear. Oh well, nevermind." and agreeing to play feck all of it back. They were all perfectly happy to let it go, because they're all at it.

Racists don't like being tarred as racists. Quelle surprise.

Why would racists care, if they are racist?

Great argument though, I accused this guy of being a child molester and he didn't like it... must therefore be a child molester.

Amusing how the UKIP claims to purge its ugliest members (but only after the press raises a stink), yet miraculously new ones keep popping up with the quickness. It's like there's a neverending supply of them.

Sure, you can find awful people in all parties, but you can absolutely not find such a solid stream of xenophobia, racism and just plain ugliness in any other big name in the UK. Those are not isolated incidents. It's an actual narrative. (ancient Twitter account that desperatedly needs to be updated).

And no, not every single UKIP member is a racist little shit, but its well meaning supporters are at best horrendously myopic, at worst, useful idiots.

So a party only reacts to something when they are told of it, yes, weird. You don't see the same of other parties then? Have you seen the tory backbenchers, ever listened to them? Half of MP's talk utter crap anyway. The main parties think they can get away with it even when they are found out as well.

Completely and utterly disagree, those MP's and such voted on murdering people in the name of absurd claims and acts in complete opposition to their country. That's in the very least, nearly all of them stole money from taxpayers. If I did that in my job I would go to prison.

Again you are creating a narrative about UKIP voters that you clearly haven't a clue about. Do you honestly believe that anyone gives a shit about their other policies, the party themselves don't. The party would disappear tomorrow if all the main parties agreed to a referendum this year. Voters aren't voting on those issues or matters of race, those members are a disgrace but UKIP do not have exclusive rights on disgraceful members... so people generally don't really care. There are a lot worse MP's than being an ignorant prick, being convicted of an actual crime rather than a thought crime and the kind of crimes they get found out on yet don't result in any investigation or conviction is appalling.

Bold One

voting for the only anti-EU party makes you a racist scum. it's like people can't differentiate. only on neoGAF.

You vote a far-right anti-Europe party into the European Parliament and then you whine bitch about how the EU doesnt work, I don't get that.

avaya

7QqUj8u.jpg

to all others: are you seriously incapable of differentiating? 30% of the voters are racist scum? tell me, which party do the people who want the UK teave the EU or limit the EUs influence vote for? Labour, LibDem, Conservative? All three are essentially pro-EU parties. Or does voting for an anti-EU stance make you racist? Actually, in the lefty world view that wouldn't surprise me.

There is no but hurt, you anti-EU fucks have got no chance of ever getting your referendum because the business community will never allow you to have it. I will repeat UKIP voters are by and large racist myopic scum either consciously or subconsciously. You racist racist scum. Ad-infinitum you cave dwelling racist racist scum.

3Sixty

People are being conned into voting for a racist party because they think if they vote these nice UKIP chaps then Brussels will stop deciding the exact curvature of our bananas.

EmiPrime

Are you sure you voted? There were several anti-EU parties on the ballot paper in every region.

All probably as racist/xenophobic as each other granted.

dalin80

Banned
There is no but hurt, you anti-EU fucks have got no chance of ever getting your referendum because the business community will never allow you to have it. I will repeat UKIP voters are by and large racist myopic scum either consciously or subconsciously. You racist racist scum. Ad-infinitum you cave dwelling racist racist scum.

You may want to put down the drink there chap, accusing a third of the population of being racist (in a utterly bizarre manner) when most are concerned about the effects of EU membership is making you look more like the ignorant bigot.

Bold One

People are being conned into voting for a racist party because they think if they vote these nice UKIP chaps then Brussels will stop deciding the exact curvature of our bananas.

I love me bananas long not curved, good long bri 'ish bananas me

kess

Someone mentioned this is the first time that the Conservatives have (so far...) come up third in a national election in like, forever.

Marc

Racist scum.

lol, are GAF members allowed to call other members racist without any evidence?

Wow...

3sixty, they also ate into SNP, Tories, Labour, and a huge amount of LibDems... so you are saying those parties had a racist element as well that were swayed? How are we consolidating those facts all together?

Could also be that turn out for those sections has decreased due to disillusionment, goes for BNP too. Or you would hope that maybe there are less racists now. :D

This lady's victory speech in the North West is causing quite the drama.

I love the laughs she got when she said the people wanted a Labour party led by Miliband.

avaya

You may want to put down the drink there chap, accusing a third of the population of being racist (in a utterly bizarre manner) when most are concerned about the effects of EU membership is making you look more like the ignorant bigot.

No, it's an entirely accurate categorisation of these fucks.I have ZERO respect for these closet racists.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So how's Austria voting tonight? I'm not particularly well read on their politics but they seem more right wing than most.

ÖVP 27,3, SPÖ 24,2, FPÖ 20,5, Grüne 13,9, Neos 7,6

So the right wing (FPÖ) is little bit up compared to the last national elections, but not that much.

They are up 7% compared to the last European elections, but there is a different structure now, there was another player then taking 14% (with a platform called For genuine control in Brussels).

kharma45

A proud neo-nazi in in a suit supporter enters stage left. Racist scum.

Racist scum.

Posted something pro-UKIP ergo racist.

Makes sense.

Showaddy

Chill out and stop acting like a child. Bottom line is a lot of people want to be rid of the gigantic clusterfuck that is Europe and unfortunately the UK Independence Party is the only option at the moment.

Chill out and stop acting like a child. Bottom line is a lot of people want to be rid of the gigantic clusterfuck that is Europe and unfortunately the UK Independence Party is the only option at the moment.

No it's not. You could vote for other parties that aren't racist.

TCRS

Banned
You vote a far-right anti-Europe party into the European Parliament and then you whine bitch about how the EU doesnt work, I don't get that.

Maybe I don't want the EU to work? Voting for pro-EU parties to make the EU work means more power to the EU. Which is the exact opposite of what I and a large part of the population want. So who should I have voted for?

You're not even making a point now, you're just repeating insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom