• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

WolfStark

if by available you mean already gone then yea :D

it's probably people canceling and it coming back one at a time or something.

It's a bit annoying that MediaMarkt still shows the buy button, even if it sold out already. I was able to place my order but it seems it was really just a minute or two until it was sold out again :(

Never played a Metroid game (not even sure what it is tbh). Is this a good time to jump in?

If you enjoy 2D platformers, exploration and combat then sure. I would personally recommend Super Metroid to start with as it's the best one, affordably available on Virtual Console / emulation and if you don't like that then you probably won't like this.

I would not recommend buying this limited edition version of Samus Returns however if you're not sure what it even is.

KHlover

Banned
fml was available and after I had already entered all my data and wanted to pay it was already out of stock again at mediamarkt. fuuuuuck this

TheMoon

fml was available and after I had already entered all my data and wanted to pay it was already out of stock again at mediamarkt. fuuuuuck this

lol yea same. had just refreshed for fun and it was back again and as soon as I hit "add to cart" it goes "sorry, actually we're just trolling you."

what if the media markt intern doing this is a gaffer and is having the time of their life right now enabling/disabling the cart button.

eizarus

Banned
If you enjoy 2D platformers, exploration and combat then sure. I would personally recommend Super Metroid to start with as it's the best one, affordably available on Virtual Console / emulation and if you don't like that then you probably won't like this.

I would not recommend buying this limited edition version of Samus Returns however if you're not sure what it even is.

a good way to jump in would be to buy Super Metroid on Virtual Console, also way cheaper.
Adiós guys.

Try to buy this limited edition. Even if you don't like the game, you can likely sell it at a profit...
My man!

Shiggy

Did you ever see it available?? Did it sell out in a couple of minutes?

They are building the page as we are speaking. Half an hour ago, the page still had a video showing off the Wii U in its gallery. So hasn't been available yet I believe.

ZombAid82

They are building the page as we are speaking. Half an hour ago, the page still had a video showing off the Wii U in its gallery. So hasn't been available yet I believe.

Here I am, playing the ol' F5 game again at 23:00...
Thank you! ;-)

Do you think it still happens today, or tomorrow morning at 9:00?

Weird, link doesn't work now

I wonder if it will go up soon again?

Works for me...

sphinx

the piano man

Weird, link doesn't work now

I wonder if it will go up soon again?

Never played a Metroid game (not even sure what it is tbh). Is this a good time to jump in?

Metroid is a series about a gun for hire in a badass power suit exploring planets and/or space stations on missions, usually in an isolated moody environment. The creators state that two of the biggest inspirations for Metroid are the Alien movie series for it's ideas and visual style, and Zelda for its nonlinear exploration. It's filled with secret paths and environmental puzzles to figure out along with various suit upgrades along the way.

Super Metroid, the game included on the Mini SNES, was the third game in the series and is considered the best 2D entry that most exemplifies what the series is. Metroid later successfully made the transition to 3D on the Gamecube and now Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are both held in incredibly high regard, both often showing up on "Best of All Time" lists.

It just became a good time to jump in. Super Metroid/SNES and Samus Returns/3DS both later this year with Prime 4 coming later. The series just woke up.

th4tguy

Has the NOA been fully revealed or are we really just getting the CD with the game? I've been stalking BB site for the game to go up but if it's just the CD coming with, I'll just grab the regular version.
81yW6xKiVgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TheMoon

Has the NOA been fully revealed or are we really just getting the CD with the game? I've been stalking BB site for the game to go up but if it's just the CD coming with, I'll just grab the regular version.

what you see is what you get. I mean you literally see the full box right there.

LQX

It actually went live more than week ago and sold out.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Nothing on the Benelux side yet? Checked a few sites over the last days, no luck. Dreamland has their pre-order of Metroid Prime 4 up of all things, but nothing yet on SR.

CuNi

Mediamarkts "Buy" button pops up every now and then but whenever it's there, it tells you it's "out of stock".. Don't know if bots snack up the one order instantly or what weird bug re-lists it every now and then.

eizarus

Banned
Metroid is a series about a gun for hire in a badass power suit exploring planets and/or space stations on missions, usually in an isolated moody environment. The creators state that two of the biggest inspirations for Metroid are the Alien movie series for it's ideas and visual style, and Zelda for its nonlinear exploration. It's filled with secret paths and environmental puzzles to figure out along with various suit upgrades along the way.
And now I finally get what Metroidvania means. 😆

Just saw a video for Super Metroid and damn! I used to have a RoboCop game like it! Definitely gonna try it out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Mediamarkts "Buy" button pops up every now and then but whenever it's there, it tells you it's "out of stock".. Don't know if bots snack up the one order instantly or what weird bug re-lists it every now and then.

Mediamarkts Shop-software is the worst piece of shit ever, so I would think its that. I have nothing but trouble everytime I am so stupid and buy some from them because I am to stupid to remember the last time I felt for them.

MediaMarkt.de had one in stock again. Just got one through Checkout.
Hopefully it went through. Don't have the confirmation email yet, but as people said it takes a few minutes for that to arrive.

EDIT1: It probably was only one as I can't put it in my cart again, saying it's not available anymore. Haven't gotten the email yet.
EDIT2: GOT THE EMAIL! I can finally put my worries to rest!
Thanks Shiggy and everyone else in this thread. I never would've known about the individual item listings without everyone in this thread.

Top Bottom