• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Contacted an Italian friend who was able to secure me a copy from Gamestop one week ago. Very happy

Joqu

B530t3Kl.jpg

Saoshyant

I would have paid any extra. The alternative will be to get it from scalpers and, not only will that be much pricier, but it will feed back into making this sort of thing happen over and over again.

TheMoon

So I've now been:
out grocery shopping
taking a shower
preparing lunch

while they went back up

all these things are now canceled.

Amazon don't charge until near shipping right?

I used my credit card to order even though there isn't enough funds on there right now, will obviously fix that ASAP though.

KHlover

Banned
Oh, amazon.fr. For a second I was afraid I missed saturn or amazon.de. Actually...has this ever been in stock on amazon.de?

Koren

I sent them an email, I really don't find logical they cancel pre-orders "because of insufficient stock" then put the product again on sale several times.

At least, give the customer the choice between cancelling the order and keeping it in case more stock happens...

LAA

And it's back in stock on Amazon.fr.

So be quick before it's too late.

Think I got one too, thanks!
Hoping I can switch to a UK pre-order soon though.

All that's left now is the Metroid Amiibos

(Also Majoras Mask/OOT Link amiibos, but struggling to find them)

sphinx

the piano man
I sent them an email, I really don't find logical they cancel pre-orders "because of insufficient stock" then put the product again on sale several times.

At least, give the customer the choice between cancelling the order and keeping it in case more stock happens...

could it be that they re-open the site once enough pre-orders where cancelled??

I don't think nintendo told them "oh want more? here, have some more".

Link_enfant

Got it - again - on Amazon.fr thanks to a really fast notification from a friend.
Now I can just hope for it to not be cancelled like the previous one.

Not to belittle anyone who's trying to get this thing but... i'm pretty happy with what i got after resigning to the fact it'd be too hard and over-priced for me to bother with the Legacy Edition.

I'm in Japan but i have a PAL 3DS, so i just ordered the game by itself from Play Asia. Nintendo Store Japan is selling the CD + Special Edition BOX separately for about 1600Y so i grabbed that too. Finally the 2 Amiibo. Whilst it's all separate, i feel like i kinda made my own little edition with all the pieces!

I'd like the keyring and pin from the LE... but the artbook would probably end up in a drawer after a couple looks like my others, i have Metroid 2 on 3DS already, the tin does nothing for me... so i'll live.

Still, they really ought to standardise the editions and produce suitable quantities. Amazon in Japan is apparently getting some mouse pad bonus as well. It's really not fair to someone who would like to get it all.

fernoca

Amazon is known for doing that. Also for putting items on sale before fulfilling (and even while cancelling) preorders.

Either you get a "really sorry", Prime extension, or some credit out of it.

Tunoku

I stop refreshing this thread for an hour and this is what happens. FML ;_;

At least I managed to nab an SNES Classic...

Koren

Amazon is known for doing that. Also for putting items on sale before fulfilling (and even while cancelling) preorders.

Either you get a "really sorry", Prime extension, or some credit out of it.
Well, if there's no complaints against this, it definitively won't change... I don't expect them to change their policy, but at least, I'll try... There's several people here that have had their thursday preorder cancelled on friday.

Eolz

I got it from Amazon FR again, but will wait to see if they cancel it again like the previous one before being too happy...

Maxrunner

I assume you can cancel the pre order, right?
I just ordered yesterday a snes mini from elcorteingles spain and i don't how to cancel the order if i managed to get it here Portugal.

Koren

One minute earlier and I would have had one. One minute.

mrgrgr
I'm probably under the minute, I could click on "1-click buy", but got the error afterwards, and that's mostly because my internet suck (took ages to find the page, especially since the search returns nothing, and I had to switch PC because the one one which I work is too slow)

I assume you can cancel the pre order, right?
Yes, that's really simple: you don't have to do anything, they cancel it for you.

Joqu

I'm probably under the minute, I could click on "1-click buy", but got the error afterwards, and that's mostly because my internet suck (took ages to find the page, especially since the search returns nothing, and I had to switch PC because the one one which I work is too slow)

I think we were pretty close dude, I could click on 1-click order too. I only posted about it here afterwards.

:____;

I just realized I had other stuff in my basket, I ordered Deus Ex at the same time lol
Well I won't try to cancel anything to not mess things up (they probably will do it for me anyway :p )

Shifty

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to get one of these.

Man, fuck these genuinely good special editions that everyone wants.

Craft

For the people who missed the amazon france orders don't worry, I just got this email!

Metroid Samus Returns - Legacy Edition (Asin: B07339W2V7)

We regret to inform you that we had to cancel this item from your order due to a referencing error. Indeed, we do not have stock for this article because of a small amount distributed by the supplier. We are currently not able to tell you if this item will be relisted shortly.

I did get a 5 Euro voucher though...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo clearly isn't interested in giving every customer a copy. Same shit, different day. Scalpers rejoice!

eh. it's kind of complicated. if they don't make it limited enough, is it really a limited edition? what is the right amount of limited?

on the other hand I hate that scalpers fuck everything up for people..

Same story here: I ordered it on amazon.fr and now I've received a mail notifying the cancellation of the order.

This is becoming a mess.

Joqu

Oh, I guess I didn't miss out on anything but a 5 euro voucher.

...I would have liked one of those too

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
For the people who missed the amazon france orders don't worry, I just got this email!

I did get a 5 Euro voucher though...

So what does that mean exactly? That a few people's pre-order is still good, or that they didn't get any at all?

Sucks for those that lost their pre-order.

Link_enfant

Seriously, f*** them. Both Amazon and Nintendo.
At this point I can only rely on a friend's mother who works at the Fnac in France and hopefully get one from her, but I'm still not sure if she'll be able to do that.

Why on the Earth would you release such a low quantity of a Metroid collector's edition given the situation with the Metroid franchise?
The US not having this edition doesn't even make sense in the first place.

Top Bottom