• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

WolfStark

Mediamarkts Shop-software is the worst piece of shit ever, so I would think its that. I have nothing but trouble everytime I am so stupid and buy some from them because I am to stupid to remember the last time I felt for them.

I agree that the MediaMarkt Shop is not the greatest BUT different from other shops you at least get a pretty high chance of catching a limited offer/edition, because they always pop up again a short time after. I don't know if it's cancellations but at least gone doesn't mean gone with them. It's just annoying that they can't make the buy button disappear.

FYI, XtraLife will run a ticket system from this Thursday to Friday 21st. Once the process closes they'll randomly assign preorders to ticket holders.

cluderi

For us UK folks I'm guessing it's down to hoping Game or Nintendo UK put stock up (as we really only stand a chance if it's UK or EU shipping only and 1 per customer)

Damn you NOA, couldn't you have just put this up yourselves and save us !!

That's what I said when I got my Amazon.fr confirmation mail :/
Media Markt works differently though. One reason it took so long for them to even open pre-orders is that they had to know first how many units they even get. Every time someone cancels his pre-order it opens up again.
You also only get a confirmation email if your order goes through. If it doesn't then you either get an email saying that your order has been cancelled or you get no email at all.
Me getting a confirmation email is a 100% guarantee that I will be able to pick it up in their store come September 15th.

Amazon.fr seems to have miscalculated how many units they'll get. At least that's what it sounds like.

For us UK folks I'm guessing it's down to hoping Game or Nintendo UK put stock up (as we really only stand a chance if it's UK or EU shipping only and 1 per customer)

Damn you NOA, couldn't you have just put this up yourselves and save us !!

Even if NOA had the same Limited Edition as EU you still wouldn't be able to play the game on a European 3DS.
Don't forget that 3DS is still region locked.

cluderi

Even if NOA had the same Limited Edition as EU you still wouldn't be able to play the game on a European 3DS.
Don't forget that 3DS is still region locked.

I meant it would give us UK/EU folks more of a chance with less USA folk importing ours just for the funky swag (the Metroid thirst over there is real)

CuNi

I just asked coolshop via chat and they confirmed following. 1st. If the supplier delivers the contracted amount they have been told they will get, then everyone with a pre-order is going to get his copy.2nd If they get fewer then told, their system will cancel orders, beginning from last ordered up until orders match supply. Only issue is see is, he mentioned the system works across all their shops so I wonder how this will work since some coolshops have had it listed earlier and far shorter if I remember correctly. German coolshop was listing it for quite a long time. But yeah, wanted to let everyone know, if you ordered from coolshop and Nintendo delivers, you're safe.

ZombAid82

I just asked coolshop via chat and they confirmed following. 1st. If the supplier delivers the contracted amount they have been told they will get, then everyone with a pre-order is going to get his copy.2nd If they get fewer then told, their system will cancel orders, beginning from last ordered up until orders match supply. Only issue is see is, he mentioned the system works across all their shops so I wonder how this will work since some coolshops have had it listed earlier and far shorter if I remember correctly. German coolshop was listing it for quite a long time. But yeah, wanted to let everyone know, if you ordered from coolshop and Nintendo delivers, you're safe.

Well, at least a small silver lining...
Lets hope they correct the price to Media-Markt levels.

Shiggy

I meant it would give us UK/EU folks more of a chance with less USA folk importing ours just for the funky swag (the Metroid thirst over there is real)

I don't think many US gamers had a chance to import it. Most stores that offered the limited edition didn't even ship to other European countries, and most were sold out within an hour. The production run appears to be smaller than for previous collector's editions.

CuNi

Any EU/UK shop with shipping to countries in EU selling Amiibo yet? I need those way more:(

I'm also searching for the amiibos.. Actually just the metroid one, since I already have a normal Samus and zero suit Samus. So top priority is the Metroid.. So cute nagging this capsule..

sphinx

the piano man

could you please ask them if they will price match other online stores?

I don't think I'll catch any other preorder, I think this will be my one.

I missed MM and Saturn because I was on a trip and I can't be F5 amazon all day.

Shiggy

Yeah, after the Zelda Amiibo debacle, I wouldn't count on it...

They've already been restocked at Saturn/Media Markt/Mueller in Germany (though online already sold out again)

I missed MM and Saturn because I was on a trip and I can't be F5 amazon all day.

You haven't missed Saturn yet.

I doubt he's still on the phone with them lol

sphinx

the piano man
You haven't missed Saturn yet.

wow really? I thought they'd open preorders and sellout today morning. nice to know.

do you have a link to the mueller.de listing page? I can't seem to find anything there.

EDIT: Oh I thought you meant the metroid LE, not the amiibos,

I doubt he's still on the phone with them lol

lol he said "via chat" meaning.. online, I guess?

ZombAid82

They've already been restocked at Saturn/Media Markt/Mueller in Germany (though online already sold out again)
Really?!
Maybe I should go check some shops, but by now they're gone for sure, here in Berlin.
Central-Base of Scalper's Heaven!

Shiggy

wow really? I thought they'd open preorders and sellout today morning. nice to know.

do you have a link to the mueller.de listing page? I can't seem to find anything there.

Mueller.de has already sold out of the Zelda amiibos again. The Metroid LE and amiibos haven't gone up there yet. Saturn also hasn't sold the Metroid LE yet.

sorry for bumping again, but here's Buecher.de's link but of course it's not available

http://www.buecher.de/shop/software/metroid-samus-returns-legacy-edition-3ds/nintendo-3ds/products_products/detail/prod_id/48631628/

do we know if they sold out? is it worth it to keep refreshing?

Not worth it, their stock must always be super low. Haven't ever seen a LE in stock on that site. The Metroid amiibos there have also sold out already, could still be preordered yesterday.

CuNi

lol he said "via chat" meaning.. online, I guess?

Im at uni right now and Chat is only open till 5PM. I don't think I'll catch them today anymore, though you can also ask them via chat if you want to know additional information. They're very kind and wait time was nearly instant.

Got one from amazon.fr :)

And good new: you can't get 2 per customer

Also: the notification things did work quite well, it warned me at 14:51

cluderi

Yay!

Cheers, managed to pick one up from Amazon France. They shipped my Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition to me just fine.

Now to wait and see if they cancel due to low stock.

sphinx

the piano man
I remember.. there was this guy Koren some pages back reaallly upset that his amazon preorder got cancelled...

koren, are you there? this is your chance!

Doesn't seem like I can order it anymore :(

yep, it's gone right now

it lasted about 10 minutes... I had the chance, I had it there just ready to click "acheter" but decided not to

Koren

Shiiiiiiiiiiit. Missed again by mere seconds.

Also, it's the second time they put it on sale after cancelling orders. That's really, really annoying.

Top Bottom