• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Oh well, I tried to not let myself get too happy and figured because I actually was there in time for once and got an order in there was bound to be something wrong about it, and yet still can't help feeling sad it being cancelled.

My shitty week continues....

eh. it's kind of complicated. if they don't make it limited enough, is it really a limited edition? what is the right amount of limited?

on the other hand I hate that scalpers fuck everything up for people..
It's not complicated. Just call it "Collector's Edition" and produce enough for everyone interested. This solves all the problems at once. No more scalpers, no more unhappy customers.

TheMoon

It's not complicated. Just call it "Collector's Edition" and produce enough for everyone interested. This solves all the problems at once. No more scalpers, no more unhappy customers.

it's not even called Limited Edition so the point is moot :)

Shiggy

I'm surprised that neither Amazon.de nor Saturn have put it up yet. I need to order more to make you guys jealous :p

Link_enfant

If anyone there lives in Europe and manages to get at least two of this, I'd gladly buy it from him/her.
As long as the person's not a scalper of course.

Flintty

Amazon UK are clearly waiting for me to be asleep or without internet access. They're out to fuck me, I tell ya.

So amazon UK displays two different listings for Metroid Samus Returns when serching metroid, one of them without images or anything. Could this be the Legacy Ed? link

TheMoon

So amazon UK displays two different listings for Metroid Samus Returns when serching metroid, one of them without images or anything. Could this be the Legacy Ed? link

no, that's been the case for weeks. one was a botched listing (originally title: METRO: SAMUS RETURNS (CD-ROM)" and the other one is the proper standard edition.

Phoenixus

As someone who probably will skip the limited edition, whats the best price going for the standard? £30 or thereabouts would be perfect.

Shiggy

If anyone there lives in Europe and manages to get at least two of this, I'd gladly buy it from him/her.
As long as the person's not a scalper of course.

Not a scalper, but selling you mine for 400 EUR plus shipping.

As someone who probably will skip the limited edition, whats the best price going for the standard? £30 or thereabouts would be perfect.

Do you need it at launch? Price for the standard edition should drop over the next 6 months. Metroid Prime FF is at 10 EUR now, and that also had a low print run.

Joqu

Not a scalper, but selling you mine for 400 EUR plus shipping.

Do you need it at launch? Price for the standard edition should drop over the next 6 months. Metroid Prime FF is at 10 EUR now, and that also had a low print run.

Where can I get Federation Force for 10 EUR?

RRockman

Banned
no, that's been the case for weeks. one was a botched listing (originally title: METRO: SAMUS RETURNS (CD-ROM)" and the other one is the proper standard edition.

I think I'd be ok with Samus in a Metro game honestly. Kinda funny how they listed that out.

Shiggy

On Mydealz.de somebody claims that Media Markt wasn't supposed to put the LE online yet and that Nintendo wasn't amused by that. That would at least explain why no other retailer in Germany has put it up for preorder yet.

TheMoon

On Mydealz.de somebody claims that Media Markt wasn't supposed to put the LE online yet and that Nintendo wasn't amused by that. That would at least explain why no other retailer in Germany has put it up for preorder yet.

I still hope they print an extra run like they did with FE Echoes (was that just in AUNZ?)

Eolz

Yep, Amazon FR cancelled my order once again, and gave me once again a 5€ coupon...
At least it's valid until christmas, guess I'll keep ordering it even if they keep cancelling it...

TheMoon

They did? Hearing that for the first time. In Europe they didn't to my knowledge.

Checked. Was just AUNZ:
https://www.facebook.com/NintendoAUNZ/videos/vb.285708024919671/599314143559056/?type=2&theater

Nintendo
March 21, 2016 ·

Following a strong response to the announcement of the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition which launches May 21, the product is currently sold-out for pre-order in Australia and New Zealand.
Due to this overwhelming demand, we are producing a limited-quantity second shipment to be supplied to retailers by the end of May.
Please check with your local retailer for pre-order availability, and we appreciate your understanding and enthusiasm for Fire Emblem Fates.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest launch for Nintendo 3DS on May 21 and Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation will be available as add-on content in Nintendo eShop on June 10.

Koren

That's Fates...?

That being said, isn't Fate rarer? It definitively has more value, having all three quests on a single cart (and the only physical release of the third one)

(Though it was nowhere near as hard to find one, Metroid seems far more undershipped)

nubbe

Fates SE will have a really high value since it is a really unique product.
especially when they shut down eShop on 3DS. Prices will skyrocket

That's Fates...?

That being said, isn't Fate rarer? It definitively has more value, having all three quests on a single cart (and the only physical release of the third one)

(Though it was nowhere near as hard to find one, Metroid seems far more undershipped)
I had two pre-orders and checked every store in my surroundings for a copy and didn't get one. Still salty about that.

Koren

I had two pre-orders and checked every store in my surroundings for a copy and didn't get one. Still salty about that.
I'm sorry to hear that :(

I thought it was easier because I missed preorders (I wasn't even aware of the game releasing) and looked for a copy rather late. I managed to place two orders quite easily, and received both. I returned one, thinking it would make someone happy... (even if I knew I could resell it for a good price ; but honestly, I hate scalpers, so I won't become one myself)

It seems I was lucky...

Lafazar

World of games in Switzerland has it for pre-order, no idea if they'll ship outside of the country though.

edit, nope. It's gone.

https://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/58444-Metroid-Samus-Returns-Limited-Edition

I was taking a nap this afternoon. After I woke up I saw the email from wog.ch that it was available but it was alredy an hour old at this point. I feared I had already missed my chance but I managed to get an order through just in time. Phew.

Now to see if they actually get the promised stock from Nintendo and will be able to deliver all their orders...

Ovek

7Member7
For the people who missed the amazon france orders don't worry, I just got this email!

Wait I'm shocked!

Ovek said:
I hope you all realise if you do even get a preorder in at Amazon, Nintendo will fuck them over with stock allocation and force Amazon to start cancelling orders 24 hours before release.

Oh not really... heh

eh. it's kind of complicated. if they don't make it limited enough, is it really a limited edition? what is the right amount of limited?

on the other hand I hate that scalpers fuck everything up for people..

So make enough and call it a collector's edition.

dgco86

I just got an email from El Corte Ingles saying that my order is delayed (retraso?). Is this normal for preorders?

canocha

I just got an email from El Corte Ingles saying that my order is delayed (retraso?). Is this normal for preorders?

I also got that e-mail... Watch the préle order get canceled...

Someone said to never trust el corte with pre orders (on the SNES thread)

Let the hunt begin again... Ffs Nintendo!

Top Bottom