• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

KHlover

Banned
Finally this madness is over. One preorder from coolshop and one from amazon. Hope at least one of them price matches mediamarkt at 70€. Has anyone taken screenshots of that? Might come in handy.

sphinx

the piano man
OK I just need to catch the saturn.de which should be 69.99, then cancel my other overpriced preorders and be over with this hunt.

Finally this madness is over. One preorder from coolshop and one from amazon. Hope at least one of them price matches mediamarkt at 70€. Has anyone taken screenshots of that? Might come in handy.

coolshop states clearly "screenshots of prices aren't enough"

I have higher hopes for amazon. Coolshop seems quite scumy with their price policies

Lucifon

We seem to have had Amazon from all regions but the UK at this point! Surely it's soon?? Holding out for an Amazon UK or Nintendo Store UK preorder. I don't even use my 3DS anymore, but I need this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes, amazon.de pre-order placed. €100 is steep, but hoping that price gets adjusted before release.

Trickling in at amazon.de. Got one thanks to the "Distill" firefox plugin, that checks changes in web pages/parts in a set interval.

Toki767

Man...$113 just to get this sent to the US.

Can't even play this on my 3DS but this LE is so much better than the one the US got.

Macka

Well I managed to get one from Amazon.de, and it actually ships to Australia.

Expensive as fuck, but whatever. Please don't cancel.

Koren

This long availability at Amazon.de actually make me worry...

Trickling in at amazon.de. Got one thanks to the "Distill" firefox plugin, that checks changes in web pages/parts in a set interval.
It's handy, but I don't find really easy to design triggers on parts of the pages.

I'm really thinking about designing my own (with possibly auto-action in some cases). The one I designed a couple years ago allowed a gaffer to order a couple Amiibos (unfortunately, I didn't own a smartphone back then, and it was useless for me :/

The whole mess also made me register to twitter to get alerts (and I discovered that my email was linked to a suspended account, probably a spammer :/ )

dgco86

Is anyone else a bit worried about order cancellations? It's still available after all this time. I even had time to cancel my order and place a new one with the Amiibo.

Link_enfant

Placed two orders on Amazon DE, one for the Legacy Edition and another one when I saw the two new amiibo available.
Can't wait for it to
be cancelled

Pezking

We should be golden since fucking mydealz.de reported the availability just about a minute ago.

Once something limited shows up there, scalpers tend to order the entire remaining stock within minutes.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. They already listed it 53 minutes ago - not seconds.

ZombAid82

We should be golden since fucking mydealz.de reported the availability just about a minute ago.

Once something limited shows up there, scalpers tend to order the entire remaining stock within minutes.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. They already listed it 53 minutes ago - not seconds.

But they limited it to one per costumer, so at least there is that...

Shiggy

Sure? Since it has even french language on the box? I dont think so.

Looks like it:
metroidle_germaneditis0ses.png

sphinx

the piano man
Can only order 1 item, that's probably why it's still available

I have an idea, let's open a thread here.

and have all of GAF in the Americas know this is their one and only chance to get it.

let's see how long it stays open

KingConan

Maybe it's just not as limited as everybody thought and all of the other shops just sold a very small amount because they haven't got any confirmation by Nintendo.

Toki767

I have an idea, let's open a thread here.

and have all of the GAF in the Americas know this is their one and only chance to get it.

let's see how long it stays open

I'm curious how many people from the US will order it knowing they can't play the actual game.

Though I guess Wario64 hasn't alerted it on Twitter yet so there's also that.

Shiggy

Maybe it's just not as limited as everybody thought and all of the other shops just sold a very small amount because they haven't got any confirmation by Nintendo.

Germany isn't as crazy about Nintendo stuff as France, so things remain in stock longer.

sphinx

the piano man
I'm curious how many people from the US will order it knowing they can't play the actual game.

Though I guess Wario64 hasn't alerted it on Twitter yet so there's also that.

they can always keep the game sealed and sell it back to someone in EU-PAL land to get back some of money spent

Germany isn't as crazy about Nintendo stuff as France, so things remain in stock longer.

I think we just have more stock than them.

we always have more stock than .es .it. .fr and .co.uk

just my impression

EDIT: it's gone now, congrats everyone who made it!

Top Bottom