• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

MrT-Tar

Done now. Very happy, especially after missing the Dutch one earlier.

With this and FE Echoes, I've spent more at Game this year than the past 6 or 7 years combined!

ToonLink

Holy shit... I tried to pre-order a couple of minutes after the link was first posted, and it said I wasn't old enough to buy the item. Which was weird, since I've never had that message come up before. I had to add my date of birth to my personal details. Then GAME started freaking out on me, but thankfully I managed to pre-order in time. Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Praying it's not cancelled. :c

Jofamo

Eh. I normally don't order on GAME by principle. Amazon UK and Nintendo UK have got me everything I wanted so far.

But I'm not taking any chances with this. Gotta show support for Metroid.

ToonLink

So I noticed that bol.com reserved the money for the Legacy Edition on my card.

Is this temporary, or they going to keep that money reserved until it ships in September?

LiK

I'm keeping my backup with Amazon Germany tho. GAME hasn't been reliable with limited items so this is a backup. Hoping I see this show up with other UK retailers that ship internationally.

ToonLink

Thanks! Pre-ordered now! Don't particularly like or trust Game though, but I'll take it for now, but I'll keep an eye on other UK retailers in the mean time. Just the amiibos to find in the UK somewhere now.

GAME has them. I linked them earlier in the thread.

Maybe... Is Game particularly trustworthy when it comes to pre orders?

GAME is prone to:

• Cancelling pre-orders
  • Billing people multiple times for an order
  • Having prices higher than everyone else
  • Becoming bankrupt and going into administration before preorders are delivered

I wonder which one the wheel of fortune will land on this time!

Macka

Just got a UK Game pre-order, shipping to Australia.

I wish there was an option for registered postage though. Has anyone here had success with international delivery from game?

ToonLink

GAME has issues, but thankfully I haven't encountered any issues with them so far. I have heard of people complaining about their orders being cancelled multiple times, though.

Tamanator

Damn, missed the Dutch one earlier in the day. When I first checked it was still available, but I didn't have a credit card with me. Rushed home and checked 25 minutes later, it was gone.

Doubt I'll find another that offers shipping to Australia.

Shiggy

Just got a UK Game pre-order, shipping to Australia.

I wish there was an option for registered postage though. Has anyone here had success with international delivery from game?

Had no trouble getting the NES Mini controllers from them, despite them saying only 1 per person and despite ordering them just 2 weeks before release. Package was sent to Germany though, Australia is a tad bit further away.

SuperSah

Banned
If we're lucky, GAME won't cancel. Just make sure to have a backup from a different retailer.

Who else is selling them? Given GAME's typical record of taking more orders than they can meet, I'm not even going to bother preordering from them.

Top Bottom