• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Macka

Had no trouble getting the NES Mini controllers from them, despite them saying only 1 per person and despite ordering them just 2 weeks before release. Package was sent to Germany though, Australia is a tad bit further away.
Still reassures me a bit, thanks. Weird they don't include a registered option though.

angelic

Banned
Just tried again with Paypal, no go. Their website is shit, the product page and checkout don't seem to verify stock levels.

sorry man, was worth a shot anyway.

speaking of bullshit, I have 80 quid credit with them I cant use on Metroid or the Amiibos, because they're pre orders. No one has ever given me a good reason why you cant use credit on pre orders, its ridiculous.

Shiggy

Looks like local GAME branches are getting shafted lol

screenshot2017-07-11alpsfm.png

Link_enfant

I've read that Amazon Italy doesn't ship to France, is that true? Or does that only concern SNES Mini?
I guess I'm fine as my Metroid LE has been validated but I hope it won't be cancelled when it releases :(

sorry man, was worth a shot anyway.

speaking of bullshit, I have 80 quid credit with them I cant use on Metroid or the Amiibos, because they're pre orders. No one has ever given me a good reason why you cant use credit on pre orders, its ridiculous.

GAME? I think was some trick like spending it on something in stock then cancelling immediately, it gets refunded to reward card or something, which can be used on pre orders.

Google the exact thing before trying, I may be getting it wrong.

Edit http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=243171921

Ugh missed my last (places that send overseas) chance, the one night I wasn't checking. >_< Ah well I don't really like GAME, my last order never even showed up.

F**k you again for not stocking this Nintendo Australia. :| Seriously.

GAME? I think was some trick like spending it on something in stock then cancelling immediately, it gets refunded to reward card or something, which can be used on pre orders.

Yup that's the easiest way to do it. You can/could use it instore as well, 2-3 years ago at least.

The reasons I can think of why they do this is A) It makes you buy stock they already have, storage costs them money & cash is better for them than you using your trade in credit. IF you're going to pre-order anyway , cash is better for them. B) It makes you go into store even if you don't buy anything else there's a chance. People will also trade in to save themselves a trip and having people in the store also has effects on people passing the store.

All the reasons are bullshit for us as consumers but more cash+less storage costs and increasing footraffic instores are the main reasons i can think of. They would probably get more pre-orders if they allowed trade in credit, but the benefits of not obviously outweight the negatives for them.They've had two redesigns in like 4 years and haven't put the feature in, so it's intentional.

Peagles

Ugh missed my last (places that send overseas) chance, the one night I wasn't checking. >_< Ah well I don't really like GAME, my last order never even showed up.

F**k you again for not stocking this Nintendo Australia. :| Seriously.

So much this. I was fast asleep when GAME went up too.

There's always Youshop and the Nintendo UK store?

angelic

Banned

Yeah GAME, it drives me mad but im not risking my pre order now. My local store will refund and immediately re-sell using your credit once its out, but that involves going there. Got my order anyway and the amiibos, all that matters.

AllEchse

So what is the cheapest the two amiibo habe been going for?
I got an order for both of them on amazon.de for 20€ each.
Thats still pretty expensive.

wartama

Neo Member
Was it up on Amazon uk?

I swear this is hell. I hate waiting in front of my screen and refreshing pages just to get a preorder. What the hell Nintendo

Joqu

Hopefully they at least ship within Europe, I'm planning on using Shipito's European warehouse.

No, the Nintendo UK store is UK only, and there's no overseas equivalent. I've wished I could get their stuff shipped to mainland Europe plenty of times in the past. :(

Macka

So Game UK are prone to canceling at any time, right? I've already paid with PayPal, but on release day they could just say they don't have one to send me.

13ruce

Banned
Dankje!

Thanks!

No Problem.
Geen Probleem:p

Thanks for adding the links, couldn't find them through the search.

That's why i edited them in after a few mins i found them when i googled Metroid Amiibo on mobile and used the shopping search Link google offers.

Mario Odyssey Amiibo are also up btw on Bol if anyone is interested in those.

I tryuly want that Metroid amiibo, but I promised to myself I'd never shell out more than €15 for even a single one anymore:

giphy.webp

I don't mind it i really want that Samus and Metroid one badly otherwise i might miss them and no way i would pay scalpers 30€+ ever again (missed the OoT Link, Zelda BotW and Sheik amiibo and nearly bought those at scalpers price but just decided to hell with it i have a couple of other Zelda and Link amiibo anyway already).

I think some retailers just know wich will be rare these days and charge a few bucks/pounds/euro's extra since the Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 amiibo are cheaper.

wartama

Neo Member
Nope, best waiting for it to show up on Nintendo UK. I got a pre-order in at GAME but I don't trust them...they did deliver my NES Classic tho...

Ugh, I know the reputation of GAME. I'll be refreshing Nintendo uk then, thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom