• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

ToonLink

So I noticed that bol.com reserved the money for the Legacy Edition on my card.

Is this temporary, or they going to keep that money reserved until it ships in September?

Anyone have any experience with bol? If it's like coolshop, I'm going to have to cancel. :(

Thanks, I got my pre-order in.

However as soon as a more reliable retailer pops up I will be placing one with them. Game do not have the best track records with collector's editions.

LiK

Who else is selling them? Given GAME's typical record of taking more orders than they can meet, I'm not even going to bother preordering from them.

Dunno yet, GAME is the first UK retailer to open preorders that I know of. Guess we'll see if more pops up later today.

Just ordered from Game for my Aussie buddy. I can't believe I ordered from this retailer, but he desperately wants it. I'd have ordered one for myself but I mainly play on an NTSC-U 3DS so the cart wouldn't even work.

angelic

Banned
Brilliant, thanks for posting. Got my Game + 2 amiibos orders in, although easily cancelled if Smyths or amazon go cheaper.

Well worth watching Smyths, they did MK8DD for 41.99 at launch, GAME was 49.99.

Joqu

Fucking hell, I can't log into my game account, tried resetting the pw twice and it gives me invalid password error messages, and when I try to make a new account with an alternate email it says the phone number is invalid. Been trying for 20 minutes now, this is hell.

Shiggy

LOL Game finally tweeted about this 3 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/884747354741637120

First reply from a local branch lol
screenshot2017-07-11a6os0f.png

angelic

Banned
Fucking hell, I can't log into my game account, tried resetting the pw twice and it gives me invalid password error messages, and when I try to make a new account with an alternate email it says the phone number is invalid. Been trying for 20 minutes now, this is hell.

I had to delete my cookies to get in. It ignored my saved password, so I logged in, then it sent me a verify email code, I used that, then it gave me an error.

Delete cookies + saved password, then I got in straight away.

Shiggy

It seems a bit strange that they have their preorders open for 1.5 hours already, whereas all other stores were sold out rather quickly.

Joqu

I had to delete my cookies to get in. It ignored my saved password, so I logged in, then it sent me a verify email code, I used that, then it gave me an error.

Delete cookies + saved password, then I got in straight away.

Thanks, but

"Account is locked for 32 minutes. Please try again after this time."

Hahahahaha...............

Saoshyant

Well, considering how GAME's offer even with shipping and currency exchange included is still 40€ cheaper than Amazon.de's, I preordered here as well and hope it doesn't get canceled.

Joqu

Well, trying to register a new account and I've got the phone issue sorted out, but it straight up claims my post code is invalid when it isn't. Thanks Game.

Sure would have been nice if I could have gone with bol.com like I was planning to, but you damn foreigners just had to snatch it up before me. :p

I've got someone who might be able to hook me up with a copy if multiple preorders come through, so not all hope is lost, but I really don't like maybes... This is the first Nintendo LE as far I remember that I've been unable to preorder somehow.

Big Nikus

Getting this after every attempt to pay :

Basket Empty
You currently have 0 items in your basket

We know you're super excited to get gaming, but unfortunately this product is either out of stock or has been limited to a certain number per customer. Please check on the appropriate Product Page to see how many you’re able to buy. To try checking out again, click here to go back to the home page. Sorry about that! The following items were removed from your basket: Metroid Samus Returns: Legacy Edition

If you added a product to your basket and it is not showing, please try adding the product again.

And I'm not trying to buy more than one.

CuNi

Well, considering how GAME's offer even with shipping and currency exchange included is still 40€ cheaper than Amazon.de's, I preordered here as well and hope it doesn't get canceled.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but depending on your postage costs, you're not even 30€ shorter than Amazon. LE alone is 60GBP (67€) without shipping.

Midas

Has it been up on Amazon UK yet? Tried Game but they seem to be sold out, the price differences are crazy. Need to order from UK.

Saoshyant

Sorry to burst your bubble, but depending on your postage costs, you're not even 30€ shorter than Amazon. LE alone is 60GBP (67€) without shipping.

My Amazon.de order is 110€ between my country's VAT (23%) and the shipping. 63 GBP translates to about 71€, which is nearly 40€ cheaper than the Amazon.de's order. I was not exaggerating and I hope to hell and back that this order goes through so I can cancel the other one.

And, speaking of that, it's still up in GAME from what I see. I can't really imagine they have this much stock.

CuNi

My Amazon.de order is 110€ between my country's VAT (23%) and the shipping. 63 GBP translates to about 71€, which is nearly 40€ cheaper than the Amazon.de's order. I was not exaggerating and I hope to hell and back that this order goes through so I can cancel the other one.

And, speaking of that, it's still up in GAME from what I see. I can't really imagine they have this much stock.

Oh man i hope you get it then. That or Amazon lowers it's price.

Semajer

Oh for fuck's sake. I'm getting that stupid message when I try to order the Legacy edition. At least I got an order in for the amiibo. Hopefully I can get an order at the Nintendo UK Store.

Semajer

That's weird. I can't see it on my phone or desktop PC, but it was always there for me. You can see it on the main page?

Not on the main page, but searching for Metroid takes you to a page with register interest for SR and MP4 and links to other products.

ToonLink

Not on the main page, but searching for Metroid takes you to a page with register interest for SR and MP4 and links to other products.

Ah okay. I meant that they took it down from the main page. When they did that for the SNES mini, it went up a few hours later.

Edit: Yeah I just checked and it shows a page for the game, but no register interest option.

Top Bottom