• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

13ruce

Banned
Well I'm already to late for both Nedgame and GameMania, and bol.com might get it but won't do pre-orders. Well, any fellow Dutchmen with a potential double order? :(

Same here and i wanted the Amiibo:/ maybe i will have luck with bol or intertoys like with some of the Zelda amiibo but i doubt it:/

Shiggy

Ich weiss, lol .... I meant, what happens when they click on it, not what the words mean.

I got an email saying the order is cancelled. The PayPal payment is still pending though, and apparently required me to send a manual email to them asking to cancel that pending charge.

-shadow-

Same here and i wanted the Amiibo:/ maybe i will have luck with bol or intertoys like with some of the Zelda amiibo but i doubt it:/
Yeah same here, I'm hoping bol.com will still put it up on a time that I can immediately put a pre-order up, but I doubt it since I don't think they've ever said they're not doing pre-orders on a LE. How does the Intertoys do it these days? No pre-orders but only order up on the day before release correct?

sphinx

the piano man
I got an email saying the order is cancelled. The PayPal payment is still pending though, and apparently required me to send a manual email to them asking to cancel that pending charge.

and what did they say? did you get a reply with a conclusive cancellation?

I did more research and apparently is on paypal's part to get rid of the pending charge, not the store. you should try getting in contact with paypal just to set things straight

13ruce

Banned
Yeah same here, I'm hoping bol.com will still put it up on a time that I can immediately put a pre-order up, but I doubt it since I don't think they've ever said they're not doing pre-orders on a LE. How does the Intertoys do it these days? No pre-orders but only order up on the day before release correct?

Yeah Intertoys put's up amiibo's and special editions if they have them 1 day before release again. Usually in the end of the morning or early noon.

It's how i still got the new Zelda amiibo 1 day before release. I hope i can snatch the snes classic and metroid amiibos this way and maybe the metroid limited edition.

Shiggy

and what did they say? did you get a reply with a conclusive cancellation?

I did more research and apparently is on paypal's part to get rid of the pending charge, not the store. you should try getting in contact with paypal just to set things straight

Nothing yet because it's Sunday.

And PayPal doesn't let me open a conflict for this pending charge.

-shadow-

Yeah Intertoys put's up amiibo's and special editions if they have them 1 day before release again. Usually in the end of the morning or early noon.

It's how i still got the new Zelda amiibo 1 day before release. I hope i can snatch the snes classic and metroid amiibos this way and maybe the metroid limited edition.

Guess I'll just be keeping these two in mind. This is going to be hell of a challenge!

Shiggy

I mean Paypal chat/info service, not coolshop

So after my email to Coolshop, the pending charge on Paypal has disappeared.

I had also asked them to close my account, all they've done was to change the email address so that I couldn't log in anymore. My personal data and so on was still there. I only saw all of that because I was still logged in.

NaviLink

Appears to be popping up again and again on Amazon.de
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07339W2V7/

I managed to get an order in but doesn't appear to accept anymore.

I have Distill installed and I'm watching that page. The alert popped up, I immediately went and ordered with one click.

It was already gone.

I don't know if it's Amazon's website that sucks or if scalpers have a way to automatically order whenever a copy is available. I'm really tired of this whole situation.

So after my email to Coolshop, the pending charge on Paypal has disappeared.

I had also asked them to close my account, all they've done was to change the email address so that I couldn't log in anymore. My personal data and so on was still there. I only saw all of that because I was still logged in.

Can confirm that the pending charge dissappeared after emailing them. Did the same yesterday, got an email today saying they removed it and lo and behold it doesn't pop up on PayPal anymore.

I have Distill installed and I'm watching that page. The alert popped up, I immediately went and ordered with one click.

It was already gone.

I don't know if it's Amazon's website that sucks or if scalpers have a way to automatically order whenever a copy is available. I'm really tired of this whole situation.

Yeah I wonder if they have bots set up

I bet GAME have it exclusive in UK, the lack of pre-order ability thus far matches their incompetence and slowness.

It'll probably be like £90 too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I bet GAME have it exclusive in UK, the lack of pre-order ability thus far matches their incompetence and slowness.

It'll probably be like £90 too.

GAME never has exclusives these days since the Nintendo Store will always have it as well. They only manage to get exclusive preorder bonuses.

jelmerjt

Are they shipping to the rest of the EU?

Yes! And language should be English yeah.

dMjRkiO.jpg

ToonLink

No as soon as the item has been delivered.

Nice. Just ordered. This is far cheaper than Amazon.de so hopefully this will have me covered if I can't get a UK pre order.

GAME never has exclusives these days since the Nintendo Store will always have it as well. They only manage to get exclusive preorder bonuses.

I get the feeling that most people don't know about the Nintendo UK Store. I remember the Switch pre orders took a lot longer to sell out there compared to other retailers.

dgco86

I got an error message when trying to check out. Oh well.

Google Translate says: Only Dutch books, CDs and DVDs are delivered outside Europe.

Chastten

Banned
Ordered!

Not sure if I even really want the CE and not sure if I'll get it with the pre-orders open for 30 minutes or more already (though Bol.com is generally good to me) but figured I might as well bite since there's no way I'll lose money on it.

Thatanas

User reviews for bol.com are a mess though. Not sure about this.

Never had a problem with bol, their communication systems are on point and delivery is always sharp. But as with any major warehouse companies: issues will happen, people will complain about them.

Had it in my cart but couldn't get through checkout because I don't know exactly where I'd be staying at launch and my parents address wouldn't go through because it had a house name and not a number.

Probably a sign ...

sphinx

the piano man
just curious, how much was it for EU countries not NL or Belgium, included shipping?

I am really done preordering this thing for anything over 69.99 so even though I missed it I would have passed on it.

Shiggy

just curious, how much was it for EU countries not NL or Belgium, included shipping?

I am really done preordering this thing for anything over 69.99 so even though I missed it I would have passed on it.

GAME UK might be your chance once they open preorders. I preordered NES Mini controllers on their side 2 weeks before release when they were sold out everywhere else. Came at launch and were even cheaper than on Amazon, despite 3 EUR shipping.

Top Bottom