• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 |OT| Slovenia: "On My Way - to the lowest score"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

As someone who is new to eurovision, it it standard that alot of these songs sound like there ripping of other sounds ?

And not in the 'hurr hurr mainstream sucks' way but these songs have moments where i feel like there from other songs

Yep, perfectly standard. I figured they do it to get the songs to stick in the viewers heads quickly by reminding them of heavily played pop songs.

RocknRola

Dudes, don't do the damn horns if you can't actually back it up with actual rock/metal >.>

----

Wait, Ukraine? I haven't been following this for a while but I was under the impression the host country couldn't participate in the contest? Did that change?

Hanmik

Last year we had Justin Timberlake in the last part of the show..

Who will it be this year?

A duet between Putin and Trump?

As someone who is new to eurovision, it it standard that alot of these songs sound like there ripping of other sounds ?

And not in the 'hurr hurr mainstream sucks' way but these songs have moments where i feel like there from other songs

You have 3 minuted to convince people of your song. Sticking to melodies that people already know and like is not a bad idea.

Fliesen

that's par for the course.

The ESC is all about trying to make that perfectly "engineered" song.

There's accusations of plagiarism like EVERY year in one or multiple countries

oti

Banned
Wow they really don't wanna host again do they?

Nobody wants that. Not even Germany would want that.

I remember when Greece won and sent arguably the biggest star the Greek music industry has ever produced. Anna Vissy. And they gave her a bad song. But nobody cared. She sang the living hell out of it. People were contempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom