• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Shazzam6999

Neo Member
I wouldn't hold your breath for too much station walking. It might happen but I think CCP has decided to focus more on other aspects of the game and DUST.

Ya, I wish they followed through on their in station stuff.

Any chance that they will finally add the in-station feature that they talked about a few years back? Captains quarters is cool for like a few minutes, and then you realize it's nothing special because you can't go anywhere or do anything different really.

I wouldn't hold your breath for too much station walking. It might happen but I think CCP has decided to focus more on other aspects of the game and DUST.

I thought the community made a huge backlash against the station stuff because it was tied in with pay to win items?

Right now the clothing you buy are worthless you can't really see them and you have a very sharp character creation tool but you will never see your toon much.

Yet if I got some clothes for my toon I want it to have some kind of effect on my skills any other MMO this would be a way to level up but the EVE ONLINE community basically runs things along side CCP, those guys tread carefully. I am the type of online crap game player that enjoys to pay over spending long hours of grinding. But EVE is a very slow WORK for a long time type of game. This station thing will stay a tease for another 10 years.

The multiple account thing gets old fast. I had four accounts at one point and ended up selling off the characters on two and now I only have two active accounts. You can combine accounts and toons eventually. My pvp toon also does exploration, which is fine and convenient if you have a decent 0.0 system. I have two manufacturing toons, but really you only need a few million skillpoints on a manufacturing toon so it's easy to have mutliples on one account, then I have my booster/logi alt on another account along with a cyno alt and a capital sitter, but the cyno and the sitter are toons that don't need to be trained past a certain point.

Maybe it's just because I hate multiboxing and trying to plex four accounts.

Not sure how long I will keep multiple accounts since I just started over a new one having 3 active and training all 3. I may end up with just 1 if there is one I just really like playing with but I will know this only after giving the game a few months of my time training to leave the nest.

EVE is taking most of my play time and insomnia time, I now know what time the server goes down for 30 minutes each day because I've been on so much.

I think every time I give consoles a break I end up finding some open world online game that I spend tons of money on... I just cannot help myself lol

they are not always the best MMOs I have chosen really strange things to explore. Being a painter I like things with art and creativity.

Second Life (about 18 months of messing around and building lots of stuff even sold my paintings in SL so many people would hang them in homes)

the next one I can't remember the name of it but it was one of these stupid games that you saw spammed on google ads. I clicked on the ad after seeing this one chick on it all over the place for years. You had a castle town and you tried to build and defend it. I just googled Spammy Ads Online game and came up with EVONY yup shame on me I played it :(

next I was on Facebook and tried Mafia Wars
spent a whole lot of time on that - this shit is not a game but because I had this girl I liked playing it everyday I played it to help her get stuff

next was a cell shaded open world racing mmo I really enjoyed it, spent a lot to get new cars really love it for a while until I got tired of waiting for the expansion it was called DRIFT CITY

next was Need For Speed World spent way too much money on this for a free thing I tend to still spend just to have my fun.

So I never played anything really good online just the very bottom tier junk. Except for the two racing MMOs and Second Life which only the cost of keeping my Art Gallery going made me give it up.

Square Enix has no idea how much money they are saving me by not localizing Dragon Quest X for my Wii U

So here I am moving really slow in EVE ONLINE again (tried in 2009)
htECrRW.jpg
One thing I have not seen much of is the love for the character builder and mods so I went crazy with my new toon being my latest alt in a few weeks it will become my main.

I have not even undocked with her. Being an artist I wish I could do even more to add to the character but I am happy just to be able to go back and change a few things without paying a PLEX.

So I wanted to make a Ghost in the Shell type I guess... I called a few of my early toons Indigo so I was going to call her Ghost but decided to see if Smiles and Cries was taken.
WRncMsw.png

I love the fact that you can do this... She was really just plain when I started

Yup found out what it is like to turn PLEX into AUR I just wish these purchases had meaning to my gameplay but Nooo.

Why can't CCP have two EVE games on two different servers? One for keeping to old players happy and another world that allows them to add the junk transactions that people like me love to waste money on... Why so serious? To be honest I like it this way :)

My Indigo alts will be Explores and CEOs

Not to be a total "Carebear" this Ghost is my warrior alt to go to Events and to get payback
I enjoyed the hours I spent trying to get this stuff. I did not end up using the AUR much since I just went to that one station that sells this stuff of ISK and flew it back to safety and traded it to to this Alt.

Why make a model look this good CCP? When we will never see her lol

I like this stuff they need to add more to do with it in the future but you really should not have to pay a PLEX to re-sculpt = PLEX for everything reminds me of all the bad things about MMOs. So getting her lips too big would cost me $20 to fix :(

not that I mind spending but at least some stuff should be free...

I have a question about the Camo - my main Indigo is wearing a Camo shirt like this but hers came out with a very different pattern and color shade it looks strange. Not sure if it is my settings for the different clients.

X3CGBEX.jpg

jttGrb6.png

DGrn1gG.png

t3Cf3Pv.png

n8hDpI8.png

rNNf5kl.png

Sorry Jill but... :3

All your Bayonettas, DOA, Resident Evil, Fire Emblem waifus have noting on my badass EVE pilot <3

So glad CCP is not Tecmo or we would be spending AUR on swimsuits heh heh...

wait

damn, i wouldnt mind co-piloting with her! Nothing like albino clowns with fake eyes and big booties!

EDIT: wow that sounded less corny in my head!

what did you guys do with your free Unallocated Skill Points?

CCP being able to give these out make me wish you could have ways to get more points so nice to train a days worth with a click

damn, i wouldnt mind co-piloting with her! Nothing like albino clowns with fake eyes and big booties!

EDIT: wow that sounded less corny in my head!

Inspired by Jamaican twins I knew, I like twins it is a rare thing enough but yeah nice

man...all incursion groups want t2 weapons on battleships with t2 modules and drones :C

sounds expensive really I am just going to watch the market and stockpile for when I am ready and trained to fly them

can not wait to finally see some action where I am not the one blowing up lol

Atomski

Just started playing this. I played the trial a long time ago and could not get into it, but I decided to give it another whirl and am now really enjoying it.

Game is super deep ..

I had forgotten about Lotteries and Contests from last time I played in 2009

this community in EVE has a lot of crazy things. I would never bet on sports in real life but here I am checking a sports betting thread for EVE

so much going on in this game

TEST asked us to help them out during their battles.

the last time we helped them out we got left as lambs for slaughter. hmm....

I need to understand what wardecs mean more since I am exploring what Corps can do

using more short cuts like I did to get my jump clones hopefully this gives me more to do in the long run

Does anyone have a source on what ships are currently desired for Incursions (besides logistics). Most of what I can find is a couple years old (and likely out of date) at best.

I know missile ships aren't really desired which is unfortunate since that's what I'm primarily specced into.

I have pretty much full T2 shield and armor tanking skills, so that's not an issue. Do need to spend some time training guns if that's what I need. Plus maybe some time on non-Caldari battleships. Unless they take the T3 BCs?

I have my Tengu, but I'd rather not use it for Incursions, if it's viable with the current meta.

Might not even matter if I get enough out of the revamped exploration from Odyssey.

Does anyone have a source on what ships are currently desired for Incursions (besides logistics). Most of what I can find is a couple years old (and likely out of date) at best.

I know missile ships aren't really desired which is unfortunate since that's what I'm primarily specced into.

I have pretty much full T2 shield and armor tanking skills, so that's not an issue. Do need to spend some time training guns if that's what I need. Plus maybe some time on non-Caldari battleships. Unless they take the T3 BCs?

I have my Tengu, but I'd rather not use it for Incursions, if it's viable with the current meta.

Might not even matter if I get enough out of the revamped exploration from Odyssey.

You pretty much need battleships. For Vanguard, it's either blaster boats, nightmares, or alphas (macha/maelstrom)

No one takes missile boats that i know of

So I assembled my gifted Gnosis (awesome looking ship) and went into the ship hangar and I'm getting weird graphical glitches. Like a filter of green and red is over the entire screen. Anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure what the issue is. I could post a screenshot...

I keep getting confused about what kind of ships are not allowed in High Sec

I read Capital Ships but I keep getting them confused with Battleships

can I fly a battleship in High Sec?

I keep getting confused about what kind of ships are not allowed in High Sec

I read Capital Ships but I keep getting them confused with Battleships

can I fly a battleship in High Sec?

yes. you can fly battleship and anything smaller in high sec.

You can only fly things bigger than a BS in low sec or lower. So capital and super capital ships

eot

Banned
So I assembled my gifted Gnosis (awesome looking ship) and went into the ship hangar and I'm getting weird graphical glitches. Like a filter of green and red is over the entire screen. Anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure what the issue is. I could post a screenshot...

Do you have an nvidia card? Try changing the shaders setting ingame.

GODDAMIT!

2 days grinding lvl 3 missions, made ~110m. and then i go into a mission with drones thinking it was going to be easy shit.

WRONG. hit a drone, 40 of them fuckers come out. whatever i say to myself. MY FUCKING DRAKE CAN TANK GOD! these mofos only do like 10-15 dmg to me i got 50,000 EHP! COME AT ME E-BROs!

WRONG AGAIN! i didn't notice there were 3 warp scramblers. there were also stasistowers and the drones spawned outside of my missile range. i was moving at 10kms. I got pine and needled to death.

all that work down the fuckign drain. and i just noticed i had the mission loot for another mission, so failed that one too. this game. this fucking game....

GODDAMIT!

2 days grinding lvl 3 missions, made ~110m. and then i go into a mission with drones thinking it was going to be easy shit.

WRONG. hit a drone, 40 of them fuckers come out. whatever i say to myself. MY FUCKING DRAKE CAN TANK GOD! these mofos only do like 10-15 dmg to me i got 50,000 EHP! COME AT ME E-BROs!

WRONG AGAIN! i didn't notice there were 3 warp scramblers. there were also stasistowers and the drones spawned outside of my missile range. i was moving at 10kms. I got pine and needled to death.

all that work down the fuckign drain. and i just noticed i had the mission loot for another mission, so failed that one too. this game. this fucking game....

lol, now try imagining that with a 2 bil ship

eot

Banned
GODDAMIT!

Try this ;)
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

I think I want to build ships in the future that just seems nice after reading about PBOs but then I still need materials lol

I wish I could train for 8 months on all skills needed and come back later :)

how much does a Titan BPO cost? I see it as the first prize for a contest and the second prize is 100 PLEX o_O wit

eot

Banned
I think I want to build ships in the future that just seems nice after reading about PBOs but then I still need materials lol

I wish I could train for 8 months on all skills needed and come back later :)

how much does a Titan BPO cost? I see it as the first prize for a contest and the second prize is 100 PLEX o_O wit

Off the top of my head I think it's about 75bil.
Capital and supercapital production is inherently more costly than regular T1 production though. To build capital ships you first need to build components which are then assembled into a ship, so to have an effective production chain you need to be building the components for your next batch of ships while the first ones are still in the cooker. That means twice the start up cost. A Titan is about ~70b in raw minerals, so you need ~140b for materials, another 75 for the BPO (you can buy BPCs instead) and you also need the capital component BPOs which will probably set you back another 30 or so. It doesn't quite end there but that's the bulk of it.

Would be kinda cool if when you captured/destroyed a research/production POS it had a chance of dropping whatever was in production and/or the corresponding blueprints. (Unless they already do? Not too familiar with POS mechanics.)

A revamped POS system where you could get smaller ones that act more like personal player housing rather than just the ones that exist currently would be fun.

Off the top of my head I think it's about 75bil.
Capital and supercapital production is inherently more costly than regular T1 production though. To build capital ships you first need to build components which are then assembled into a ship, so to have an effective production chain you need to be building the components for your next batch of ships while the first ones are still in the cooker. That means twice the start up cost. A Titan is about ~70b in raw minerals, so you need ~140b for materials, another 75 for the BPO (you can buy BPCs instead) and you also need the capital component BPOs which will probably set you back another 30 or so. It doesn't quite end there but that's the bulk of it.

you did not even talk about the months of production times :)

this is pretty much end game stuff thats why I am interested that and Wormholes.

next year around this time I'll choose one

Wiseblade

I didn't realise there's a GAF thread! I've been playing EVE for about a month, and while I've been enjoying myself, I still feel like I've yet to really grasp anything.

found an ISK to USD converter and I want to cry... have I spent that much o_O too bad you cannot convert ISK back to USD

I didn't realise there's a GAF thread! I've been playing EVE for about a month, and while I've been enjoying myself, I still feel like I've yet to really grasp anything.

us new players are only little fish and pawns to be podded, trying to stay under the radar until I am flying something that does not take one hit to kill

Oh look someone to help grab loot from the new exploration system.

Still thinking about Incursions, but I'm really not specced properly (and/or rich enough) for the more desired ships. Probably about 2-3 weeks for an appropriate battleship with meta 4 guns or a logistics ship with the corresponding support skills at IV. Though I've never played space priest, so I'm not sure how great an idea that would be.

In other news, I finished HAMs at 5 and will have HAM specialization at 3 by the end of the day. So I'm your man for cruiser/BC-sized missiles! :p

It's odd that the missile specializations don't require you to have the previous size tier's specialization at all when the gunnery ones require level IV. So you need Small Turret V, + that specialization to IV, Medium Turret V + spec to IV. and then the related Large Turret stuff.

With missiles it's just V of whatever type of missile and you get access to the specialization. You'd think there'd be parity there with guns, considering all the other consolidation they've done over the past couple years.

---

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm a bit disappointed with the probe-related skill changes. Definitely helps out newer players, but those and the removal of Deep Space Probes definitely makes the skill points invested there less valuable. So I guess that's my /bittervet for this expansion.

factorybelt

Neo Member
I just started the trial about 10 days ago, and I enjoy watching my crawl toward 1mil SP on my iPhone about as much as actually logging in.

Zeppelin

What should I use to get ore from one station to another? Anything but a freighter seems to have a really small cargo hold. Are freighters the only option..?

Wiseblade

What should I use to get ore from one station to another? Anything but a freighter seems to have a really small cargo hold. Are freighters the only option..?

Unless you want to make dozens of trips, yes. I just create courier contracts and get someone else to haul my ore for me. It's not immediate, but it saves me time and only costs a fraction of the amount I'll make selling.

heytred

Neo Member
I just started playing Eve (been online for a week or so) and I'm getting bored with mining and Level 1 Security missions. My buddy Myzzzz and I are looking for a Corporation to join and figured this would be a good place to look.

Can anyone lead us in the right direction or at least give us advice on how to take the next step?

MedIC86

I just started playing Eve (been online for a week or so) and I'm getting bored with mining and Level 1 Security missions. My buddy Myzzzz and I are looking for a Corporation to join and figured this would be a good place to look.

Can anyone lead us in the right direction or at least give us advice on how to take the next step?

I am a total newb myself but you could check this subreddit about eve jobs.

Zeppelin

Unless you want to make dozens of trips, yes. I just create courier contracts and get someone else to haul my ore for me. It's not immediate, but it saves me time and only costs a fraction of the amount I'll make selling.

Huh, courier contracts... that didn't even occur to me. This game is so cool.

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Can Level 2 or 3 missions be a little more worth my time?

hit me up in game. My corp is gonna move to wormhole, but the people are all very nice and can help introduce you to the game

Huh, courier contracts... that didn't even occur to me. This game is so cool.

this game is like real life. you can make money doing anything and everything, not just hte usual trope.

There are some ppl who makes their entire money on just being middle man.

Wiseblade

hit me up in game. My corp is gonna move to wormhole, but the people are all very nice and can help introduce you to the game

this game is like real life. you can make money doing anything and everything, not just hte usual trope.

There are some ppl who makes their entire money on just being middle man.

Anything people are willing to pay for, at least.

Onemic

12 days to get production efficiency to level 5.... I feel like just leaving the game and coming back in 2 weeks

Still thinking about Incursions, but I'm really not specced properly (and/or rich enough) for the more desired ships. Probably about 2-3 weeks for an appropriate battleship with meta 4 guns or a logistics ship with the corresponding support skills at IV. Though I've never played space priest, so I'm not sure how great an idea that would be.

In other news, I finished HAMs at 5 and will have HAM specialization at 3 by the end of the day. So I'm your man for cruiser/BC-sized missiles! :p

It's odd that the missile specializations don't require you to have the previous size tier's specialization at all when the gunnery ones require level IV. So you need Small Turret V, + that specialization to IV, Medium Turret V + spec to IV. and then the related Large Turret stuff.

With missiles it's just V of whatever type of missile and you get access to the specialization. You'd think there'd be parity there with guns, considering all the other consolidation they've done over the past couple years.

---

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I'm a bit disappointed with the probe-related skill changes. Definitely helps out newer players, but those and the removal of Deep Space Probes definitely makes the skill points invested there less valuable. So I guess that's my /bittervet for this expansion.

Man im in the same Boat. the only T2 guns i have are small railguns, but my skills all spread out b/w missile and gun. So i still am not specialized, but right now im a jack of all trades, master of none. And the incursion groups are somewhat varied, but the message is very clear. NO MISSILE BOATS!

which sucks because i am Caldari and Love me my Caldari ships. But i get the message. My problem is though i have to choose one race/gun type to train for incursions, and unlike the homogenity of missiles, i feel like i am sorta denying myself other experiences in a way.

Gunnery is extremely varied, but it's VERY skill expensive for a single line. With missiles at least i have a choice of variety of ships (heavy missile specialty means i have a huge choice between cruisers/battlecruisers/battleships of caldari ships).

But i know if i want to start makign money i need to do incursions since i dont have the time/willpower/dedication for wormholes. So i hope i can rely on you and you on me as we seem to be in the same boat.

12 days to get production efficiency to level 5.... I feel like just leaving the game and coming back in 2 weeks

I signed up for the GYM for battlecruisers 5 20 day run and i'm Sexier for it. In a way, the long boring skill wait times means i can be more productive in real life haha.

Atomski

Slowly making my way through this game. Doing the sisters of eve quests and barely surviving these missions..

I tried to go out and do my own thing exploring and mining but I ended up getting ganked a couple times.. put me back quiet bit on isk.

Top Bottom