• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Apparently they killed the sexy login screen.

:(((((((

Hopefully they remedy this in the future. Amazing new login screens for each expansion has always been a highlight.

Apparently they killed the sexy login screen.

:(((((((

Hopefully they remedy this in the future. Amazing new login screens for each expansion has always been a highlight.

I recently logged into Eve on my girlfriend's Mac, and the login screen still exists in full glory there (despite being patched away on the PC). However, that might have changed with today's expansion.

I recently logged into Eve on my girlfriend's Mac, and the login screen still exists in full glory there (despite being patched away on the PC). However, that might have changed with today's expansion.

Well I mean that now it's supposed to be just boring clouds, with no expansion subtitle, rather than the beautiful shipscapes.

Also - everyone got another 50k Skill Points due to the issues the other day. So now I have 100k unassigned skill points that I could use on ANYTHING!

Will probably just save them as a sort of rainy day fund though. Never know when it might be handy to instantly have trained a couple levels of something.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Made a gif for my corp's Enyo doctrine, the Nyanyo:
ibaEpiQRNh4Fwj.gif

Made a gif for my corp's Enyo doctrine, the Nyanyo:
ibaEpiQRNh4Fwj.gif

Awesome! Are you the one who also posts gif's of eve in reddit?

Well I mean that now it's supposed to be just boring clouds, with no expansion subtitle, rather than the beautiful shipscapes.

Also - everyone got another 50k Skill Points due to the issues the other day. So now I have 100k unassigned skill points that I could use on ANYTHING!

Will probably just save them as a sort of rainy day fund though. Never know when it might be handy to instantly have trained a couple levels of something.

I use that ish as soon as i can. One less day for pain!

also i want to ask you guys for a suggestion. i have enough skills in support (almost everything is lv 4 support skills for gunnery/missile/shields) for weaponry, and i can equip almost all t2 shield/defensive modules.

I am still lost as to what to aim for. i want to do Incursions, but would have to rely on named/t1 weapons (60 days for large hybrid/projectile T2 is nuts yo!) in the meantime. I also know that i can fly stealth bombers which i THINK would provide some Lulz during fleets.

If i train for stealth bombers i can use the Torpedos for Tengus/Ravens to run lv 4 missions for cash since the update means i have quick access to battleships now. ALso the frigate lv 5 skill needed for stealth bombers would allow me to use t2 frigates ships for fights and stuff. So going the frigate 5/stealth bomber route would open a LOT of fun things, but most of those would be iSK sinks since i would be fighting pvp and risk losing them.

However incursions = LOTS OF MONEIS, but that would be one or two months down the line. :/ GUIDE ME EVEGAF!

Well I have ~27million SP, so a couple days isn't that much. And like I said, could be handy. I have pretty much nothing trained in EWAR, so if I needed that suddenly for a corp/fleet, I could have it up at a reasonable level instantly.

Tengus are kind of overrated at this point :/

Welp, that's a new clone for me.

I'm setting goals if this game is missing one thing is progression you can't hardly see how far you have leveled up... I need to set goals or I'll end up quitting again so this one was just on of the ships I wanted to fly

having 4 toons all under 1mil skills the goals are need it for the long months of waiting ahead

so why did this ship get a special redo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=episodic&NR=1&v=seVGrDxGXPM

eot

Banned
They're gradually changing some ship designs, they did it with the Scorpion, Megathron and a few others already. Apocalypse was just next on their list for whatever reason.

Want to play now, still can't login because Jita is overcrowded :/

Getting moved is pointless since I need access to my inventory there, plus I need to buy stuff. Guess I wait until the Euros are asleep, as it's around prime time for them right now.

Okay so I played today for a couple hours. (Actually played! :p)

The new stargate transitions are definitely slick. Makes warping around much more fluid (and fun) than before.

Did some exploration in an Anathema that I picked up. Hadn't actually bought one before today, even though I had the skills for a bit. One thing I gotta mention about covert ops ships is that they're damn fast at warping. At least about twice as fast as anything else.

Anyway - the hacking mini-game is definitely more engaging and an improvement over just sitting around with your hands in your pants waiting for a cycle to finish. It does make you more paranoid however, if you're not in high-sec, as you can't as easily mash your d-scanner since you also need to be working through the hack quickly. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a way to bind the d-scan button to a single key - you have to click it each time.

The other thing I have to mention is how INSANELY easier probing is. The formation buttons and the default move-all of the proves makes it much, much quicker and less tiresome. Formation especially saves tons and tons of time compared to the way you'd have to do it previously. The downside to this is that everyone has access to the much easier probing, so they can find sites (or hunt you down) just as quickly.

The separation of wormhole and combat site signatures also speeds up the whole affair a lot.

Kinda mixed feelings about the loot-splosion bit, but I think I just need to get used to it more. It tosses about a bunch of complete trash containers amidst the ones that will actually have stuff, so you have to be careful where you click.

There's two things that have me down though.

1) When I trained for an Anathema, it was mostly because it looked cool, and pre-Odyssey the covert ops ships were pretty much interchangeable with no real differences. Now with the new mid-slot scanning modules though, the Heron and Helios are definitely a tier above the other covert ops frigates with 4 mid slots compared to the 3 on the other two. There's no real room for a scanning module with only 3 mid slots as a MWD is too good to give up. It's only about a week cross-train for Caldari Frigate V, but that's not an insignificant amount of time.

2) I uh, can't remember what point two was now :/

Oh and I just read that apparently there's still rats at Wormhole Relic and Data sites, so there goes that plan for using only my cov ops.

Though with the low cost (couldn't be worth more than 20mil fully fitted out), I may try and hoof it to null sec in one and see how much I could make there. Should be fairly safe, the only thing I would have to be careful of is gate camps.

Low pop null sec is probably safer to deal with than low as there aren't really any "remote" low sec areas.

Woorloog

Banned
Not playing EVE ATM (or soon) but...
WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE ARMAGEDDON!?!?!?
It is the coolest looking ship in the whole game, especially when armed with lasers.
Now? It is some silly... thing. Yeah, perhaps it is effective but it is no longer a proper battleship!
The game has a Drone BS already, in form of Dominix. Sure, this Armageddon has energy neutralizers too but... still...
Hell, i had invested in Amarr ship skills already!
I guess i could use it in the future still. That said, other ships look somehow much more interesting now. Hyperion and Tempest specifically. Or Dominix if i go Drone BS, the space potato is cool.
Any my Amarr ship skills will be useful anyway, since i love the Arbitrator. Hadn't gone above cruiser skills for sure so i didn't lose anything.

Wonder how many others were freaked out by the changes. I'm all for tiericide but... you know.
Also, i question the design decision of making each race follow the same pattern: mobile attack ship, sturdy attack ship, and a "gimmick" ship. I get it that it is easy to balance, it just feels a bit like homogenization. That said, if i were a dev, i'd probably do the same.

Also, need a video of the new animations.

Carbonated - I think I remember you from an old Eve thread. I was in one of the NeoGaf corps we had going over the past couple of years. My char was Quick Ben.

I still have that problem where I'm fascinated by this game and sub for a few months at a time, but never really get back into the game. But I love to think about what I *could be doing with my all those skills I've learned.

Oh and I just read that apparently there's still rats at Wormhole Relic and Data sites, so there goes that plan for using only my cov ops.

Though with the low cost (couldn't be worth more than 20mil fully fitted out), I may try and hoof it to null sec in one and see how much I could make there. Should be fairly safe, the only thing I would have to be careful of is gate camps.

Low pop null sec is probably safer to deal with than low as there aren't really any "remote" low sec areas.

Okay so I made my way to a pretty quiet area of null sec via wormhole (jumped a couple and ended up in a low-sec system, which was kind of surrounded by null systems, gated without incident from there.)

Did some exploration stuff and if the loot counter is accurate, I have some ~170mil worth of stuff, not counting blueprints, though the ones I got I'm pretty sure aren't worth much.

Did have a PvP run in with a Loki at a site, he got a shot or two off on me, but he either wasn't packing a warp scrambler/web and/or I was too far away/quick for him to catch me. Managed to warp off safely after taking maybe 1/3 or 1/4 shield damage.

So yeah. Wormhole jumping is probably the safest way to get back to high-sec. Could get lucky with a direct wormhole, or have to go through a few. But for the moment I'll spend the next day or two seeing how much more exploration I can get away with. Don't want to rush home without making full use of my time out in null, but I also don't want to end up holding so much loot that it would be a massive loss if I got popped. Should be more or less safe thanks to my cloak and quick align unless I get too distracted working on a site though.

i still havent even seen the new mingame. it sounds intimidating. plus im sure everyone and their grandmother is doing it so finding sites is probably going to be a B.

i still havent even seen the new mingame. it sounds intimidating. plus im sure everyone and their grandmother is doing it so finding sites is probably going to be a B.

If you're not in a bonused ship I could see it being much easier to fail. The high-sec sites I did were pretty idiot-proof, but some of these null sites have actually gotten fairly difficult at times and I've failed on a handful of them (individual containers, not full sites.) Pretty sure you don't see all the mechanics just in high-sec.

There's definitely some more strategic play when when you have to deal with the nodes that heal others, and the ones that reduce your attack power. Having both of those up at once is pretty much a guaranteed fail. It is most definitely important to have high hacking/arch skills and rigs will help as well. Getting Hacking/Arch to V (for the level bonus as well as access to the T2 modules) would be a fairly sound investment now (as opposed to pre-Odyssey when it would be luxury), especially if you plan on spending a lot of time doing this, particularly in null where the sites are more difficult.

Atomski

Ive only bumped into one site that was hard to hack.... My hacking stuff is only at level 3 to.

But I havent done to much low sec stuff. Still new and learning.. I do enjoy it though, jump in hack and hope I can get out before some jerk kills me. Ive only made a few million doing it so far but some of my friends who are much farther along than me having be doing it in groups of threes and making around 1billion in a couple hours.

Going to focus on increasing my exploration and hacking skills then skill up till I can get better ship that can cloak.

PatzCU

Did some exploration stuff and if the loot counter is accurate, I have some ~170mil worth of stuff, not counting blueprints, though the ones I got I'm pretty sure aren't worth much.

You can make legitimate money from flying around and exploring now? Ugh, if so that is tempting me to resub. My problem with EVE has been the lack of options for solo play. I can't always devote the time to fleet up and rat in wormhole space or fly missions. It would be great to be rewarded for flying around in low/null-sec space as sneaky as possible.

Wiseblade

You can make legitimate money from flying around and exploring now? Ugh, if so that is tempting me to resub. My problem with EVE has been the lack of options for solo play. I can't always devote the time to fleet up and rat in wormhole space or fly missions. It would be great to be rewarded for flying around in low/null-sec space as sneaky as possible.

Yeah, apparently There's a lot of money to be made solo in low/null/Wormhole after the new expansion if Exploration is your thing. Getting in a Covert Ops ship like a Anathema/Buzzard/Helios/Cheetah and probing out data sites can be pretty lucrative.

The wormhole sites still have rats though, so you'll really need another person to do them. One to probe and do the mini-game, another to kill stuff. With two you'll get all the loot anyway, rather than missing out on some.

Had a run in with an interceptor today as I jumped through a gate. He had a quick lock and warp scramble that was probably my fault from using my MWD (so used to having to use the cloak trick), when I probably would have been completely fine with align -> cloak -> warp. I guess also I was scared of being bumped/proximity, but that probably isn't an issue except with coordinated multi-person gate camps. He wasn't able to, or didn't get a point on me though, so I was able to get back to the gate quick and jump having only taken superficial shield damage. Beat him through, so from there I just aligned -> cloaked and got away. Had to sit out the combat time to be safe, but chilling with the cloak on was fine.

Certainly gave me a good scare and got the adrenaline pumping though. PvP encounters always freak me out though, since even as long as I've been playing I've pretty much just carebeared. Every time I've been in a PvP situation it's been on the receiving end in a PvE focused ship with no real hope of fighting back, just escaping.

And I've been in a fleet like twice, tops, early on in my career. I mean I probably should join a corp, but I don't know where I'd start. Was thinking about TEST when they were stable, but I'm not sure if I'd want to deal with the wars they're in, where even home systems might not be safe ("safe").

The wormhole sites still have rats though, so you'll really need another person to do them. One to probe and do the mini-game, another to kill stuff. With two you'll get all the loot anyway, rather than missing out on some.

Had a run in with an interceptor today as I jumped through a gate. He had a quick lock and warp scramble that was probably my fault from using my MWD (so used to having to use the cloak trick), when I probably would have been completely fine with align -> cloak -> warp. I guess also I was scared of being bumped/proximity, but that probably isn't an issue except with coordinated multi-person gate camps. He wasn't able to, or didn't get a point on me though, so I was able to get back to the gate quick and jump having only taken superficial shield damage. Beat him through, so from there I just aligned -> cloaked and got away. Had to sit out the combat time to be safe, but chilling with the cloak on was fine.

Certainly gave me a good scare and got the adrenaline pumping though. PvP encounters always freak me out though, since even as long as I've been playing I've pretty much just carebeared. Every time I've been in a PvP situation it's been on the receiving end in a PvE focused ship with no real hope of fighting back, just escaping.

And I've been in a fleet like twice, tops, early on in my career. I mean I probably should join a corp, but I don't know where I'd start. Was thinking about TEST when they were stable, but I'm not sure if I'd want to deal with the wars they're in, where even home systems might not be safe ("safe").

how long have you been playing?

I want to venture out soon, I've made many trips to most of the major trade hubs Jita more than once but I am avoiding low sec and just sitting inside and training

my goal is to be able to get into a cloaking ship soon and go out and explore what is out there

silly thing I did was start my own one man corp where anyone can warsec but I did not want to keep giving NPC free ISK on taxes

Atomski

Thats pretty much my plan, Im maxing out my exploration stuff then going for a cloaking ship to head into low sec. Probably be a couple weeks. I need a friend though cause its impossible to grab all the stuff out of these hacked containers.

Im also thinking of activating the second character so I can make a mining focused dude. Figured I can mine when reading books and ... playing other games :p

Haly

I explore in nullsec (Venal specifically) in a Helios. Since I started yesterday, I have acquired probably 300+ million in loot, not including the BPCs, in about 2-3 hours of work.

My skills are:
Hacking IV
Archaeology IV
Astrometrics IV
Astrometric Rangefinding III
Astrometric Acquisition III
Astrometric Pinpointing II
Covert Ops IV

This is what my Helios looks like:
iq5ZYCaE9NaFk.png

My thoughts:

1) With the removal of spawns in sites, you can power through them very fast in nothing but a scanning frigate.

2) With my skills, scan time is almost inconsequential. The bulk of my time is spent actually looking for systems with sites and hacking everything inside.

3) Sites are unreliable. That is to say, sometimes you'll find sites right next to your homebase, sometimes you'll have to go 4-5 jumps out. In nullsec and lowsec (the latter more than the former), the more jumps you make, the higher your chance of dying. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about bubble camps as much since my Alliance/Coalition is the dominating force around this area. This will not be true if you're a solo explorer in nullsec or lowsec.

4) Hacking is also unreliable. My chances of success are probably 80%, and I make good profit despite that, but it always hurts to see a can get blown up. In nullsec sites, I only get two chances at most at hacking a site. A bad string of Suppressor or Repair nodes, or multiple Defense/Offense in key locations, will basically be auto-lose. Though you can hack carefully and intelligently, in the end you're at the mercy of the RNG.

5) Collecting loot is a pain. This time it's the UI getting in the way. Sometimes, the cans eject at such an angle that I cannot go through all of them quickly enough and wind up overlooking the lucrative Data cans. This doesn't happen often, but enough that it is a point of frustration.

6) The cans' relative values are inconsistent. Refer to this list to tell you the value "tiers" of each can. Data cans are obviously the best, but past that it gets murky.

7) Some people have reported success using a cargo scanner to see if a can is worth hacking. I have yet to try this but I may equip a cargo scanner the next time I fly out.

8) Logistics. This is probably the hardest part about exploring in nullsec/lowsec. For the time being, I have 300+ million worth of loot sitting in my hangar where it's safe. However, so long as it's sitting here it's not exactly liquid, and though the market and industry around Venal is pretty good, it's not good enough to sustain a fulltime explorer. I'm 22 jumps from Jita, the nearest hisec hub, and I'm trying to decide if I want to risk taking it myself (Relic loot is very small, Data loot tends to be larger), or find someone else to move it for me. Whether I want to move in batches or all in once. It's pretty intimidating honestly.

TL;DR: Exploration is good money, but it's unreliable and risky.

Pretty much my experience. I think if you have the extra mid, (5 mids), a Cargo Scanner is useful. I have one on now on my Anathema, but an Afterburner (in addition to my MWD) might be more useful to avoid getting killed at gates. My skills are better than yours though, so ditching a scanning upgrade might not be as practical for you.

You definitely should put the hacking/arch rigs on your ship though. They definitely help avoid failure in the sites (especially the more difficult null ones), but a scanning rig or two are probably acceptable substitutes as well.

Not sure about the cargohold expanders there either. Most of the stuff that takes up a lot of space is junk, so more space doesn't necessarily help all that much. I've got a Nanofiber Internal Structure II, a Power Diagnostic System II, and a Damage Control II in my lows. Probably could ditch the briefcase, but I figure you never know when it might save my ass. Only other thing I could really fit there is a duplicate of one of the other modules. Overdrive maybe, but the cargo penalty is pretty harsh.

---

And @Smiles and Cries:

I've been playing about 2 years or so. On and off (probably at least a years worth of time in that where I haven't played). Had played before that maybe a couple times on trial accounts though.

Haly

It's impossible for me to fit a Afterburner and a MWD on my Helios without resorting to Reactor Controls, and it would make the rest of the fitting really tight. I might try the Nano for grabbing stuff, but honestly I don't see the point of a Damage Control. Chances are if I get scrammed or whatever I'm dead anyway, a DC isn't going to help cause I can't fight back at all. If I don't get targeted then I can just cloak or warp away.

I can't get the rigs either because there are none in Venal. What does "access difficulty" even do now?

EDIT: Nevermind, the EVElopedia tooltip is out of date.

It's impossible for me to fit a Afterburner and a MWD on my Helios without resorting to Reactor Controls, and it would make the rest of the fitting really tight.

I can't get the rigs either because there are none in Venal. What does "access difficulty" even do now?

The rigs increase your virus HP or damage (HP only right now I think) which is pretty nice. I think the access difficulty line is just an obsolete string that hasn't been taken out.

And yeah, I don't know if I could even fit an afterburner myself necessarily - I know the MWD took up the lion's share of CPU and Power Grid. Just a suggestion if it were even possible.

I do think the Buzzard is probably the best Cov Ops scanning frigate now though with the slot layout. Helios second.

Also uh, I think I might be trapped unless I find a wormhole.

We'll see how weird-hours gaming works though. The guys who've been around appear to be mainly from Europe, so if I play when it's 5-7 AM or so there, I might be able to escape unscathed. If I can't make it out safely today, I'll probably just wait until a weekday. Maybe right before or after downtime. Playing on weekends will always be riskier.

summer with everyone out is also dangerous!

UGH i tried out an eft raven build to start running the lv 4s ive opened up and im getting a crappy 372 dps with the most basic of basic. I have decent tank, but i have seriously neglected the weapon skills.

So I made it out of the null-sec corner I was trapped in. Unfortunately, I landed in a fairly dangerous low-sec system that had a gang of 7-9 people from the same corp in it at the time. Could have kept wormhole jumping looking for one that went directly to high-sec, but that would probably take awhile unless I got lucky. I'll see if I can make it out of here some other time when it's not swarming with pirates. If I can't find a time when there aren't more than a couple people in the system, I'll look for another wormhole and burrow my way home that way.

The scary thing was that I as I uncloaked to log off safely, the number of Combat Scanner Probes on my d-scan jumped from 1 to 4+. They were definitely on to me - must've been mashing the scan button religiously hoping to find a kill.

so apparently there's a iphone app that lets you access your pc remotely and thats how some people can set their skills from your phone.

Zeppelin

I finally got accepted into EVE University. We will see if I get anything out of it.

I also went to null-sec for the first time today. I expected to get instagibbed after jumping into low-sec but I didn't encounter any gate camps. Except for a Russian dude who wanted to 1v1 me. I declined and kept going deeper. Can't say I got much out of it except that I set up some safe spots in the systems I visited and that I'm no match to some of the rats living there. :p

I finally got accepted into EVE University. We will see if I get anything out of it.

I also went to null-sec for the first time today. I expected to get instagibbed after jumping into low-sec but I didn't encounter any gate camps. Except for a Russian dude who wanted to 1v1 me. I declined and kept going deeper. Can't say I got much out of it except that I set up some safe spots in the systems I visited and that I'm no match to some of the rats living there. :p

I'm still kinda stuck in this low-sec system that is habitually camped by this one corp. 2-3 jumps out from high. I mean I suppose I can find a wormhole again and try and tunnel to high-sec that way. May actually be safer than trying to make it past gate camps. My best chance is probably right after down-time on a weekday, but that's about 7:30 AM local, so...

Not in any immediate danger, but it's just kind of frustrating not being able to move and get on with things without a very high chance of being greeted by 5+ ships on a gate.

I'm still kinda stuck in this low-sec system that is habitually camped by this one corp. 2-3 jumps out from high. I mean I suppose I can find a wormhole again and try and tunnel to high-sec that way. May actually be safer than trying to make it past gate camps. My best chance is probably right after down-time on a weekday, but that's about 7:30 AM local, so...

Not in any immediate danger, but it's just kind of frustrating not being able to move and get on with things without a very high chance of being greeted by 5+ ships on a gate.

welcome to my last 4 months in BNI! :D

won another sleipnir in promoblink. paid off my new l4 mission Raven :D *pelvic thrust*

Zeppelin

I just got my first PvP experience last night, with the E-Uni. We did a couple of small gang roams through low-sec and failed spectacularly at pretty much everything. But even so, I gotta say... that was probably one of the coolest experiences I've had in gaming in a long, long time; the comms are unlike anything I've ever seen in a multiplayer game before.

I just got my first PvP experience last night, with the E-Uni. We did a couple of small gang roams through low-sec and failed spectacularly at pretty much everything. But even so, I gotta say... that was probably one of the coolest experiences I've had in gaming in a long, long time; the comms are unlike anything I've ever seen in a multiplayer game before.

yeah i like the comms discipline aspect of eve. i wish chromehounds was that extensive.

Mmmm. Finally escaped the low-sec hellhole I was stuck in for a week+. To be fair, I didn't really try that hard before, but was scared just based on what was showing up in local. This time I took one of my alts (that I otherwise only use to check regional markets) in a noobship and just scouted ahead after the local system I was in seemed quiet with only one other person. No camps or even solo ships hanging out at the gates (unless cloaked, in which case it wouldn't have mattered since the target lock/scramble would have been too slow.)

I probably would have been mostly fine against all but the most coordinated gate camp, but playing it safe and finally making it out was a definite relief. Warped to 10k or 20k while cloaked and slowboated all the entry gates after quick aligning + cloak the exit ones. Last gate to high-sec I did 50k since it would likely be more dangerous, but no one was there anyway.

---

Ultimately my loot haul was not so much that I couldn't afford to lose it, just that it would have been mighty annoying. But now that I made it home free, these initial proceeds should cover at least 5x the investment of the ship (though I fitted a duplicate when I bought the first ), so I'd feel better losing one in the future. Maybe not if I had a ton of loot in it, but you can't really consider it ISK if it's not in your wallet.

---

Also, not sure about training for a Buzzard now. It is the best scanning covert ops ship, but it costs 14mil ISK more per ship than my Anathemas. You get the mid slot sure, but I'm not sure if that justifies the premium. You do make good enough money scanning in places where ship loss is more likely that it shouldn't matter, but I could almost lose two Anathemas for the price of one Buzzard. Really iffy on if the extra mid is worth that. In the short run, I don't think it is.

So I got bored and spent some of my unassigned SP to be able to immediately fly a Venture decently. Could fly a barge in about 6 days if I wanted to. Mostly I just want to glance at pretty things while watching Dota or whatever.

Doubt I'll make much of a career of it, but it gives me something to do when I don't want to pay attention. Also working on my Planetary Interaction skills. Never bothered before, but apparently you can make decent ISK with minimal effort per day with that, so I may try it out.

---

I've also learned that high-sec exploration is pretty crap now, especially compared to the null-sec fun I was having. Only issue with the null-sec stuff is since I jump into a naked clone to avoid losing any implants, I lose out on the time saved on skills for however long I'm out there, 24h minimum ofc. With +3s in every slot, that's a pretty significant chunk of time. But I want to continue doing more of that due to the high reward and medium-low risk if careful.

That's about it for news from me. I did try out my HAMgu the other day and while it does significantly more DPS than the HML build, I found needing to get so close to targets became impractical in some missions. I don't regret the time spent training it, as I'm sure the skill(s) will come in handy in some circumstances, primarily PvP. Otherwise just slowly working towards my way towards Incursion-appropriate ships I suppose.

im training for somewhat perfect Raven skills. been running lv4s all day erry day. Its nice. I miss the armor from my Drakes, but the damage im doing makes up for it. Well actually i feel like im only killing slightly faster than my drake, but the targets im killing drop millions of isk as opposed to 100ks.

Still interested in incursions, but lv 4 missions are holding me by for now

my dilenma is now what to spend all my LP on. 1/6 of the way from a Caldari navy raven blueprint

Started messing around with Planetary Interaction. So far it seems to have cost me magnitudes more in initial costs than I'll make up anytime soon. Only a few million, but still. This is definitely the shit where it turns into spreadsheets online. Gonna read more about it later, still trying to wrap my head around it.

Also - with Iteron Vs currently the bar-none best industrial ships since they only require Gallente Industrial 1 now, I bought a couple. The one I fitted inadvertently turned out to cost me maybe ~40mil ISK though :/ Kinda expensive just for a hauler, though it does carry upwards of 30k m^3 which is more than double what my Badger Mk. II could.

And mining was kind of a bust. Nice distraction for a couple hours and while a Venture may be decently competitive in terms of ISK-making for newbies, it's pretty much a waste of time for me. I can make significantly more money via exploration or L4s, neither of which requires that much more effort over mining. You definitely need at least a T1 barge for it to be reasonable. Was looking for a gas cloud site to see how that compared, but I couldn't find one.

Haly

PI is not worth the time. The logistics and turnover are so slow and grating you're better off just running missions.

Mining in anything less than a Retriever is just a pain. And if you really want to minimize time spent actively mining, then you should work on ice.

I've heard the last couple updates (or upcoming few i forget) have made it to so that in order for PI to be profitable you need multiple toons doing it. and at that point you aren't making ends efficiently enough to justify it.

Top Bottom