• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Found a lucky wormhole today that had a direct route to a fairly quiet area of null (Hisec-><-WH-><-Null). Got some decent exploration in with the biggest thing probably being a Blood Laser POS Turret BPC. Sells for maybe 50mil on contracts, but the item the blueprint itself makes are worth 20-30mil each with a run of 3. Mayble 9mil investment to produce, very lax skill requirements. Not sure how liquid either option is though. Otherwise mainly a small pile of T2 salvage that's worth maybe 50mil or so and some frisbees that should do okay (price really crashed on most of those since Odyssey).

Would have stuck around longer, but I started seeing more people, so I'd figure I'd get out while I was ahead. That's only ~4 sites max worth of loot though. And one I got driven off of by a Helios with a drone, so I only snatched a partial can's worth of stuff. I did fail a few cans in the data sites though because I only have a relic rig equipped. May consider grabbing the hacking rig as well in place of the probe strength one, especially since my probe skills are good.

The cargo scanner is definitely worth it in null I think, over a scanning mod (you can do 1 mod and the scanner if you have space) because you'll want to make sure you grab the correct cans if a valuable blueprint is inside, which could easily be passed up. Again, maybe not if your scanning skills aren't up to snuff.

And Haly - what null-sec corp/alliance are you a part of? Been thinking about maybe finding one for a more stable null-sec experience where I don't have to be constantly paranoid and can make enough ISK to PLEX myself and possibly a second account (in addition to covering repairs, replacements, upgrades, etc.) For far too long my ISK has been very static - not moving much one way or the other. My Tengu, for instance, is in sore need of upgrades, but it's kind of a non-starter when they're each going to cost 100mil+, making the (relatively low, but still) risk of losing the ship start to creep out of my reach. Forget about ever using it out of high-sec - I don't know how people deal with the SP loss when using a T3 in PvP.

A nice nullsec corner where I could rat, explore, and possibly mine in (on a second account, if I could afford to PLEX one via the first two) relatively unmolested is what I'm looking for. With corp/alliance PvP when necessary (and possibly even for *gasp* fun if I started to feel secure in my income.)

If not nullsec, a nice Wormhole corp.

i still havent touched exploration. do you still need a 2nd person with you to take full benefits?

ive been away from my corp home and on a solo run for the past 2 weeks. need to invest in a noctis, all the isk from lvl 4 missions is coming from loot. now my issue is selling all that crap, i can get maybe 60% of the estimated cost if im lucky, but im spending more time salvaging in my cormorant than some of the missions!

I've owned a Noctis since they were maybe 40mil ISK instead of the 70-80mil now, thank goodness.

It really will pay for itself though even at current prices if you use it to scoop up everything in some of the better L4s (e.g. X Extravaganza). Very lazy mode salvaging - rarely have to move due to the range of tractor beams on the thing. And you won't ever run out of cargohold space just from a single mission. I have Salvaging V too with Salvager IIs, so it's even better (though hardly necessary.)

---

Started looking at the corp recruitment page on the EVE forums. There's a few that might fit me. Some wormhole corps, some null. There's always Dreddit/TEST, but eh. Don't have a SA account, and even if I did it would be at least 3 months before I could get in with the goons unless sponsored. Kinda leaning WH at the moment, but the logistics of it might not be so fun without a K-Space static. ISK would make probably make up for it though.

Quick Edit: No, you don't really need a second person for exploration. You might miss out on a bit, but people have figured out by now that most of the containers are junk, so if you know what to pick up, it's not a problem.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And Haly - what null-sec corp/alliance are you a part of? Been thinking about maybe finding one for a more stable null-sec experience where I don't have to be constantly paranoid and can make enough ISK to PLEX myself and possibly a second account (in addition to covering repairs, replacements, upgrades, etc.)

NyanCat Pirates. Semi-casual PVP corp living in Venal and active in US and AU time zones. Part of the 401k non-sovholding alliance and in a love-hate relationship with Black Legion. While Goons are fighting TEST in Fountain, our alliance occasionally harasses their flanks, so PVP abounds. It's a pretty quiet area all around, although we do have a rival alliance that lives in the same system as we do. For the most part it's just the occasional gank and some PVP roaming.

If you or anyone else is interested in living in nullsec with some PVP on the side feel free to check out: http://forums.nyanpire.net/index.php/topic,4.0.html

You can tell them Ari Runa sent you.

Word of warning: 401k is currently at war with an alliance called Whores in Space, who are mostly hi-sec griefers. So long as you're in 401k, hi-sec will be a danger to you, especially the market hubs like Jita which they love to camp.

Was looking more closely at some of the blueprints I recovered from exploration. The faction POS module one is probably worth less than I thought, as that module doesn't seem to move. Worth somewhere from 17-25mil or so each, but no one seems to want them. That BPC has 3 runs, so max it would be 75mil (albeit with about a ~4mil cost to produce each), but it might take months to move them.

On the bright side, these two other blueprints are worth much more than I thought. Both of the same module, one has 25 runs, another 50, which I didn't notice before, for 75 runs total. Cost of all those runs is about 700k total, at least half of which I have covered by minerals I had sitting around. The module it makes has buy orders in Jita for 900k, and sell orders at 1.2mil while moving ~500 a day on average. So that's around a cool 75-90mil or so ISK that I didn't know I had before. Manufacturing time on each module is only 8 minutes as well, so it's not like I'd have to wait days to bank on it.

Between that and all the other exploration and mission loot I have to sell at the moment, I'm probably sitting on 150-200mil unprocessed assets from the past few days which isn't too bad. That's stuff that I'll actually sell off mind - beyond that I have a (very) tiny fortune in assets that I keep around, but don't necessarily actively use (some implants, spare Tengu subsystems, Raven which I rarely take out, etc.)

Not counting any rat bounties or mission rewards, though I think I'm at a wash there with a modest gain at best, since I've spent some money too. The wallet journal show (as far as I know) net gains/losses over periods like a day/week/month, so it's hard to know for sure besides eyeballing it, particularly with expenses like transaction tax mucking it up. Might be worth it to make a *lol* spreadsheet to keep better track of my money.

NyanCat Pirates. Semi-casual PVP corp living in Venal and active in US and AU time zones. Part of the 401k non-sovholding alliance and in a love-hate relationship with Black Legion. While Goons are fighting TEST in Fountain, our alliance occasionally harasses their flanks, so PVP abounds. It's a pretty quiet area all around, although we do have a rival alliance that lives in the same system as we do. For the most part it's just the occasional gank and some PVP roaming.

If you or anyone else is interested in living in nullsec with some PVP on the side feel free to check out: http://forums.nyanpire.net/index.php/topic,4.0.html

You can tell them Ari Runa sent you.

Word of warning: 401k is currently at war with an alliance called Whores in Space, who are mostly hi-sec griefers. So long as you're in 401k, hi-sec will be a danger to you, especially the market hubs like Jita which they love to camp.

Coming from the perspective of someone in TEST, joining 4O1K sounds like it would be fun for a new player. You're basically joining a scrappy alliance looking to punch the strongest guy in the room. All of the fighting in the north looks like it'll be quite interesting going forward, too.

Relevant Jabber broadcasts:

IN OTHER NEWS: 401k just dunked another CFC fleet and prolly some dreads, Suas just lost his second Moros of the day lmao.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=18366270

--

Was there ever another Neogaf corp after the one from like two years ago? I remember someone jacked the hangar and then it kinda folded. Does anyone frequent the Neogaf channel anymore?

Coming from the perspective of someone in TEST, joining 4O1K sounds like it would be fun for a new player. You're basically joining a scrappy alliance looking to punch the strongest guy in the room. All of the fighting in the north looks like it'll be quite interesting going forward, too.

--

Was there ever another Neogaf corp after the one from like two years ago? I remember someone jacked the hangar and then it kinda folded. Does anyone frequent the Neogaf channel anymore?

i have it open 24/7 yo. but its rare to see it flashing. mostly full of dust bunnies!

--

Nah - no official GAF corp (that's alive anyway). The old one might still be up, but I doubt there's any activity (it did have a surprising amount of characters in it though, especially compared to the number of people that post in this thread). I don't remember anyone ever stealing from the corp hangar, but I doubt I ever would have used it anyway. Stayed in it for awhile after coming back after a break, then quit and made my own personal corp so taxes wouldn't be going into the ether. I always keep the GAF channel open, but usually never see more than one or two people at most.

---

Downloaded and was playing with EFT for the first time today. I knew about it before, but never bothered. The most convenient thing is the character API import with your skills so you can see exactly how well you'll tank/dps a ship (with modules on!). Before I would just buy a module I might need and twiddle with it in-game to see if it worked, but no more!

Was looking at Jestertrek's Incursion guide to see how well I could fit a BS for those. It would be maybe a week to two weeks for a minimum spec Tempest. Could probably do a Rokh a little faster, but I don't think those are desired as much. I could have a Logi IV Basilisk in slightly less than 14 days, but I don't know if I would feel comfortable incursions being the first experience with that (wouldn't want to fuck up being space priest in a 10+ man raid). I mean yeah, I've played healers in raids in WoW (undergeared ones too!), but Logi ships are a bit different.

For fun I fitted a hypothetical Incursion HAMgu which did a little over 800 DPS (no faction mods), but since missile ships are so reviled for them, I'd still probably be better off trying to find a fleet in a less skilled BS. Losing a BS is less of a liability too.

Generally playing a logi in incursions requires your undivided attention. You're active almost the whole time and you're constantly swapping reps. It's quite fun, albeit somewhat exhausting.

DPS is a lot of F1ing and orbiting an anchor. You don't do too much until the site primaries you and then you broadcast for reps.

I've really only done low and nullsec incursions, so it'll probably be a bit easier in a blinged out hisec group.

Haly

Not using EFT, wow.

How do you even manage.

Not using EFT, wow.

How do you even manage.

Because I've probably only flown about a dozen hulls (no more than 20 tops, even if I have skills for a lot more)? Never had to bother designing my own fits from scratch and pretty much anything I wanted would work anyway (I have near perfect fitting skills). Usually I'd just look at a Battleclinic fit for ideas and tweak it if need be. My core stable for a long time has been maybe 5 ships (haven't lost a ship in AGES) and half of those you couldn't really spec out more than one or two ways anyway.

Haly

I guess it's a Gallente pilot thing, cause even with max fitting skills you'll often need to make tradeoffs and use Meta 4 over T2.

I've probably flown less hulls than you buy I've been using EFT for most of my career. It's invaluable for when you want to be able to see the difference between, say, a shield enyo or an armor one.

Well I've only really flown Caldari missile ships (+ whatever industrials etc. where it's unimportant). So no worrying about cap nearly as much as other pilots. Also - I played on my Macbook a lot, so I didn't have access to EFT natively. Did download EVEmon on my partition though. Currently play on a PC.

Edit: I suppose it's a analogous situation to using Rawr (another PC only program) if you play WoW. Yes, it can be useful, but it's not absolutely necessary. When playing WoW I did/do use Rawr occasionally, but between a reforge optimizing addon and BiS lists stat/weights from EJ (though for different classes it might be more essential - the threads for DKs were always very good), I never needed or relied on it. Mr. Robot is/was similar and cross-platform (webapp), but never quite as good.

dat feeling when you don't make powergrid/cpu by 0.1 and the only alternatives is a t2 variant/skill level that takes 20+ days ;-;

also, i've kept a bunch of incursions channels open just to see what some people post as their fit and im seeing a lot of non-t2 weps varients i can equip. My issue is that just because i can fly those, doesn't mean i will have the skills to still have an effect. But at least i'm not as discouraged.

The alternative is named modules, but mang....some of the modules require a hefty investment.

dat feeling when you don't make powergrid/cpu by 0.1 and the only alternatives is a t2 variant/skill level that takes 20+ days ;-;

also, i've kept a bunch of incursions channels open just to see what some people post as their fit and im seeing a lot of non-t2 weps varients i can equip. My issue is that just because i can fly those, doesn't mean i will have the skills to still have an effect. But at least i'm not as discouraged.

The alternative is named modules, but mang....some of the modules require a hefty investment.

Use a fitting implant? 1% and 3% ones are cheap enough. Certainly the 1% ones if you're off by only a very tiny amount.

Should probably look at those incursion channels myself to check out fits. Got any names so I don't have to go searching myself?

---

Also was playing around with EFT a lot more today. Trying to figure out the best ship/fit to blitz L2 missions. My standings with Amarr are around 2.8, so I want maximum efficiency to grind out that last bit to unlock faction-wide L3s. Been waffling between destroyer or cruiser. Arbitrator with drones looks pretty good (since my gunnery skills aren't the best) with minimal effort involved - set drones to aggressive and let them go to town.

As for destroyers - My light missile skills are pretty much equivalent to my small guns, so no real advantage one way or the other there, and DPS might be higher than the Arbitrator, but they're definitely less survivable and I'm not sure how much tank is needed (and if the higher DPS makes up for lack of defense).

L3s are much more straight-forward to gear for with my T2 HAMs and HMLs. Mostly shoehorned into a Drake (the other missile BCs aren't as good) there. Could use my Tengu if I refitted it for more DPS, less tank, additional anti-frigate capabilities, but I'd rather not futz with it too much, especially since I'd have to change a rig or two.

The Genolution implants also serve as nice small additional boosts. They boost CPU and PG by 1.5% (2.25% as a set). They're relatively cheap for the bonuses they give.

Use a fitting implant? 1% and 3% ones are cheap enough. Certainly the 1% ones if you're off by only a very tiny amount.

Should probably look at those incursion channels myself to check out fits. Got any names so I don't have to go searching myself?

---

As for destroyers - My light missile skills are pretty much equivalent to my small guns, so no real advantage one way or the other there, and DPS might be higher than the Arbitrator, but they're definitely less survivable and I'm not sure how much tank is needed (and if the higher DPS makes up for lack of defense).

L3s are much more straight-forward to gear for with my T2 HAMs and HMLs. Mostly shoehorned into a Drake (the other missile BCs aren't as good) there. Could use my Tengu if I refitted it for more DPS, less tank, additional anti-frigate capabilities, but I'd rather not futz with it too much, especially since I'd have to change a rig or two.

Holy granola i didn't even think about that. i always keep in mind that implants only fit in slots 1-5, forgot about 6-9. Some are hella cheap too!

As for easy lv 2s, I pack an Algos. it's a drone boat with nice buffs to drones. Makes lvl 2s a cakewalk. Once in a while i have to warp out if i get too much aggro, but that's because i have crap armor skills, since i mainly specialize in shields.

As for the incursion channels, i joined "Lv6" and "The Valhalla Projects". I signed up for their Mailing list which contains their latest fits, and also the t1 variants. The valhalla one i've seen people posting Caldari ships, which is a nice. Also the "WarpToMe" Mailing List is also good.

Yeah the implants that aren't stat ones can be very useful. Extra damage, tank, fitting, etc.

Also last night I started thinking about maybe training up gas harvesting and doing some ninja runs with a Venture in a wormhole (after scanning them down with my cov ops). With the right type of site, could definitely make some decent bank. Venture is so cheap that losing it wouldn't matter. Especially if I found something like a C3->C5 route with a bunch of core sites.

Mostly to do something different. Just wish the gas harvesting skill book didn't cost so much.

Tetsuo9

Hey guys, I'm just starting the game, finishing up tutorials but mostly interesed in mining and manufacturing.

I wanna ask if you guys can recommend me any nice corporation were I could do mining operations. Hopefully newbie friendly.

Hey guys, I'm just starting the game, finishing up tutorials but mostly interesed in mining and manufacturing.

I wanna ask if you guys can recommend me any nice corporation were I could do mining operations. Hopefully newbie friendly.

EVE University is probably a place to start with.

did you get the 21 day trial or 14 day?

Also, starting the wep upgrades lv 5 grind. 1 week...i hope i can survive it. then after that is another 1 week train with either frigs lv 5 or cruise missiles. Caldari Incursions here i come!

Warp Drive Operation V done in about 5 hours. I trained it kinda mostly just cause it was something I could finish off quick and fills in a certificate or two, but it really is kinda useless since I don't plan on flying a capital or Black Ops BS anytime soon. Oh well.

Trajectory Analysis IV is next up which takes a little over 3 days. Definitely a necessary gunnery skill since you need it for a certain T2 module (Tracking Enhancer I think?). May toss Minny BS III between there though as that's only 21 hours.

Warp Drive Operation V done in about 5 hours. I trained it kinda mostly just cause it was something I could finish off quick and fills in a certificate or two, but it really is kinda useless since I don't plan on flying a capital or Black Ops BS anytime soon. Oh well.

Trajectory Analysis IV is next up which takes a little over 3 days. Definitely a necessary gunnery skill since you need it for a certain T2 module (Tracking Enhancer I think?). May toss Minny BS III between there though as that's only 21 hours.

woah, considering the fact you are training wdo to 5, i thought you would have some of the gunnery support skills already donem and was just looking for random skills to train.

I'm pretty much done with Missile support skills to 4 (still need guided missile precision and warp upgrades 3->4). Then the hard decision of which missile skill to take to lvl 5 (have everything at lvl 3, so sad but hard to make choice).

I like the damage of close range missiles, but the range is absolutely digusting. None of the caldari ships i fly are exactly speed horses, but more like molasses turtles. I don't like to carry a prop mod as much as others either since i'm usually tight on cap as it is.

Carb did you sign up for the incursion newsletters i posted? some of them are updating the lists (some , like Lv6, are even going as far as to take off ships from their approval)

EDIT: Man how did i ever survive without a noctis? 56km tractor beam is the ish! no longer have to haul ass around a pocket trying to get everything within 20km!

woah, considering the fact you are training wdo to 5, i thought you would have some of the gunnery support skills already donem and was just looking for random skills to train.

I'm pretty much done with Missile support skills to 4 (still need guided missile precision and warp upgrades 3->4). Then the hard decision of which missile skill to take to lvl 5 (have everything at lvl 3, so sad but hard to make choice).

I like the damage of close range missiles, but the range is absolutely digusting. None of the caldari ships i fly are exactly speed horses, but more like molasses turtles. I don't like to carry a prop mod as much as others either since i'm usually tight on cap as it is.

Carb did you sign up for the incursion newsletters i posted? some of them are updating the lists (some , like Lv6, are even going as far as to take off ships from their approval)

EDIT: Man how did i ever survive without a noctis? 56km tractor beam is the ish! no longer have to haul ass around a pocket trying to get everything within 20km!

Noctis definitely is the shit.

Anyway - mostly I was looking to train a (medium-length) skill that would apply to all ships, rather than just ones that use guns. Gunnery probably is my priority now (outside the few lvl V core skills I could still take - though the trains are all 7+ days on those), but it just doesn't feel very satisfying training things that don't directly apply to any of the ships I'm currently flying. I still don't get why it's much harder to train for larger T2 guns than it is for missiles. I don't know if there's any particular reasoning behind that discrepancy, particularly after all the tiericide stuff that has been happening.

Did sign up for the WarpToMe mailing list, haven't looked at the others yet.

Man, Worlds collide mission 4 is so damn long :/

One of my corp mates made it to where i was by chance, so gonna see if i can run lv 4s with him. Finally unloading the loot i find on lv4s in the trade hubs with my alt. I wish they had an option to sell multiple items at once, cause i think it takes less time to run a missions and make more isk/hr than it does setting up the damn orders/individually selling the items.

EDIT: Saving money for either a machariel or vindicator, since that's what all the incursion people run it seems, even in the shield channels. Hoping to get lucky in blink, cause i'm still weary of the stress of exploration (is there a gatecamp or not lol!?)

EDIT2: Won a navy brutix on somer promo 2 minutes after posting this haha!

I will honestly never understand putting your own money into Blink. I can maybe understand using promo credit from a PLEX, but man. It feels like taking a torch to your own isk.

Wiseblade

What is a Blink?

Basically an EVE raffle service. Items such as ships, faction mods and PLEX are put up on the site, with a set number of tickets attached. a single ticket costs a fraction of the market value of the item, but the total cost of all the tickets exceeds it. You're free to buy as many tickets as you like. Once all the tickets are sold, one ticket is selected at random and the owner of the ticket receives the item.

What i do is, if i make 100m isk from loot, i put down 25m into blink. I also take advantage of the 5 free weekly tokens they give.

then i play those 25m into the cheapest ships and 3/5 i make the money back in isk or close to it, and again deposit that isk into isk for even more tokens. So by the end i have 40+ tokens.

I've won 6 promos this month. I have turned those promo wins into liquid isk to buy things for my main account. I'm close to buying my first plex on isk won from blink alone. OF course that's not to say i haven't totally bombed away lots of isk. (*sigh* i gotta stop blinking for the expensive crap)

EDIT: I wish someone would have told me if you want to fly all the shiny t2 ships, train frigates/cruisers to 5 instead of destroyers/battlecruisers :/

EDIT2: Guy made this awesome app that tells you wether selling your loot directly, or putting up a sell order is going to make you the most isk! and it even tells you what market to sell it in for most profit!

http://friendly-merchant.herokuapp.com

pulsemyne

For those of you who like to pay attention to the much bigger things going on in eve, or even if you just like reading epic stories, then the next few weeks/months will provide some good ones as the biggest coalition battle in eve's history is currently going on.
One side containes the CFC (cluster fuck coalition) and the other (which maybe going under the name of COCFAG) is a collections of various groups like TEST, Pandemic legion and N3. Basically the CFC has started an invasion of COCFAG space in fountain. SO far the entire thing has been a game of sovereignty ping pong as system are taken, then lost, then retaken and so on. Lots of ships have died on both sides but disappointingly little super capitals.
The CFC thinks that TEST and co don;t have the financial resources to prolong the war and have taken an approach of try to drain and divide the enemy. TEST meanwhile seem to think that the CFC will lose the will to fight and they can then go on the counterattack.
The main question on peoples minds is just how prepared are TEST's friend to stick with them if things go bad and they start to run low on funds. Will the others help them out ISK wise?
Meanwhile can the CFC tough it out against a powerful array of people? Will they risk their supercapitals? Can they continue the game of Ping pong sov warfare?
Only time will tell! But what the hell I'm having fun.

For those of you who like to pay attention to the much bigger things going on in eve, or even if you just like reading epic stories, then the next few weeks/months will provide some good ones as the biggest coalition battle in eve's history is currently going on.
One side containes the CFC (cluster fuck coalition) and the other (which maybe going under the name of COCFAG) is a collections of various groups like TEST, Pandemic legion and N3. Basically the CFC has started an invasion of COCFAG space in fountain. SO far the entire thing has been a game of sovereignty ping pong as system are taken, then lost, then retaken and so on. Lots of ships have died on both sides but disappointingly little super capitals.
The CFC thinks that TEST and co don;t have the financial resources to prolong the war and have taken an approach of try to drain and divide the enemy. TEST meanwhile seem to think that the CFC will lose the will to fight and they can then go on the counterattack.
The main question on peoples minds is just how prepared are TEST's friend to stick with them if things go bad and they start to run low on funds. Will the others help them out ISK wise?
Meanwhile can the CFC tough it out against a powerful array of people? Will they risk their supercapitals? Can they continue the game of Ping pong sov warfare?
Only time will tell! But what the hell I'm having fun.

My corp threw itself into the mix as for-hire mercs. This week is goign to be nuts. considering dropping corp until this all blows over (if ever)

pulsemyne

Sov ping pong continues.TEST seem to be trying out new ship doctrines to see if it will help counter the new CFC doctrines (basically the CFC flys ships set up a certain way, the enemy then try to counter this with different set ups).
So far the war has been quite fun. I've been in a lot fo the major wars over the past 7 plus years of playing EVE (MAX 1, MAX 2, Delve campaign against BOB, Northern invasion of NC, CFC taking over the north etc). Basically I'm your standard Eve bittervet. Yet this current war has lifted some of that bitterness.

Haly

I'm so glad I resubbed in time for this war. Watching it unfold every day on TMC is a blast.

I'm on a short break since I have a guest over but once I start playing again I'm going to make an effort to lose a few hundred million worth of ships.

Anyone know what the best "cheap" ratting ship is for null? Because if I moved out there, I'm certainly not going to risk my Tengu for awhile (more concerned with the possible SP loss than ISK in that case though.)

Something 100-150mil tops. At least for starting out. Because otherwise my only income source out there would be exploration, which can be very inconsistent, especially if the area is crowded.

The other issue is moving funds/assets around, especially since returning to high-sec won't be easy, if possible at all in any safe manner without dropping everything. I suppose in the short term I can use one of my untrained alts to handle that, but longer term I'd ideally be making enough money to support a second account on PLEX with a character that can be primarily trade/industry/mining focused.

Basically I guess I'm trying to figure out what the bread and butter ships are in null. You certainly don't fly shiny things there without good reason.

Anyone know what the best "cheap" ratting ship is for null? Because if I moved out there, I'm certainly not going to risk my Tengu for awhile (more concerned with the possible SP loss than ISK in that case though.)

Something 100-150mil tops. At least for starting out. Because otherwise my only income source out there would be exploration, which can be very inconsistent, especially if the area is crowded.

The other issue is moving funds/assets around, especially since returning to high-sec won't be easy, if possible at all in any safe manner without dropping everything. I suppose in the short term I can use one of my untrained alts to handle that, but longer term I'd ideally be making enough money to support a second account on PLEX with a character that can be primarily trade/industry/mining focused.

Basically I guess I'm trying to figure out what the bread and butter ships are in null. You certainly don't fly shiny things there without good reason.

I think a basic Battlecruiser should be enough. I go ratting in low with a MOA, so maybe something above that. Some people i have heard mentioning stealth bombers, but i don't know if you have that trained. reading around the net i see that people generally recommend a drake or a hurricane. Both won't be that big a hit on the wallet if lost, and i believe you are trained into missiles mostly right? so that's a plus!

My alt that i have been training can finally run Blockade runners (amarr), and is 4 days from a cov-ops stealth module. I will use that as my main mode of moving crap around when i decide to hit the nullsec/lowsec routes. She really doesn't travel anywhere that gatecamps are an issue, but i have been scanned at least 3 times already in the past 10 runs. Luckily i was empty when those happened, but i sure as hell don't want to take any risks.

Well I could take a Drake (or a Hurricane, but my DPS would be better on the Drake). Not sure about the efficiency on it though compared to other hulls. They're not the most agile ships and I've lost a few in times past.

Can fly a Purifier (Amarr Stealth Bomber), but I'd probably want my Torpedo skill up a level or two. Bomb skills I'd have to train from scratch. And while a Purifier may be more desirable in PvP due to the general EM hole that many ships tend to have, I doubt it would make the best PvE boat. (I think the Manticore is the best overall bomber iirc.)

Also - hate to double post, but apparently there is some deep shit going down today.

A couple of alliances disbanded + mass amounts of ISK stolen, apparently inside jobs, leaving 200+ systems unclaimed.

http://evenews24.com/2013/07/01/breaking-s2n-citizens-drop-all-sov-steals-wallet/

Reddit post.

Also - there's gonna be some photography contest thing as the "live event" for July. Kinda cool. Dev Blog.

I don't even know what an SOV is, or why all this is such a big hoopla. but from reading whats going on, i'm guessing the shit is going to hit the fan hard and fast.

I'm scared! and excited. hey Gaf, let's claim a system!

I don't even know what an SOV is, or why all this is such a big hoopla. but from reading whats going on, i'm guessing the shit is going to hit the fan hard and fast.

I'm scared! and excited. hey Gaf, let's claim a system!

Sov is sovereignty. There are different restrictions on what you can and can't do in system in which your corp/alliance does/doesn't have sov. Most notably the installation of upgrades that provide advantages (e.g. things that spawn more anomalies/signatures/asteroids/etc.)

Wiki Link

pulsemyne

To answer a few questions.

1. Best ratting ship in null space. Before the last expansion the best ship at 150mill for isk per hour was the Naga. You could run forsaken hubs in Nagas and tank them easily. A run through the hub would net about 25 million isk. Sadly with the new expansion they added warp scrambling frigates to them so no more using a Naga in them. The best ship by far an away is the Ishtar (gallente drone boat). It would cost about 250 ish million but can chew through anything with the exception of a 10/10 plex like the maze. If your looking for something cheap then a drake can do the job (as long as your best belt ratting) but it's a bit slow.
2. The best bomber is the hound. There's a reason for them being used heavily in null space, they are faster than any other and can fit a slightly better tank. The hound rocks.
3. s2n going bust. Ouch. Sucks for them it must be said. Generally when people do this to corps and alliances it's not looked on too well by others. People come to distrust those who do such things and it leaves people with a bad taste in the mouth.
4. Soverignty. Imagine that the eve universe is a giant donut. The piece in the center of the donut (thats missing of course) is empire space and low security space. All the yummy stuff that is the donut is what is known as Null space or 0.0. This is where people like me life. Null space isn't controlled by the empires or looked over by concord, instead it's own by alliances. The alliances control entire regions of null space, regions like Tribute, Fountain, Delve etc. We do this by placing things in systems called TCU's (Territorial Control Units). If an enemy comes into a system and kills a TCU then they can place one of their own and control that system. This is a VERY basic explanation of things, it's way more complicated than that.
The reason we like to control areas of space is because we use it to increase the money we can make and use them to expand our power and influence. For example the goons once controlled just a couple of regions but after quite a time they formed a large super alliance called the CFC. The CFC set about taking the space and regions nearby the goons and now control the entire northern area of 0.0 space and are now looking at taking the western side of the map.
Hope that helps!

all i do now is play blink and sit in the incursion channels praying someone posts a fit i can actually run and would get accepted.

9/10 i can't equip it cause i dont have t2 turrets, and when i CAN fit it, it's a ship that costs almost 3b in officer modules. *sigh*

EDIT: My corp at work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5-KXYP9nNs

i still avoiding that until i can afford it.

pulsemyne

s2nc is not s2n

It's just nulli citizens. In the end it's all the same. Anyway currently PL and nulli are busy trying to fix the situation. They have managed to retake a lot of the stations and killed a load of TCU's. It will take quite some time to repair all the damage but seeing as there is noone near them with any major capability they'll have space back sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom