• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

With Multitasking III you can already lock 10 targets, which is the limit on a logi ship anyway. The only realistic circumstance where you might want the skill to IV is on a triage Carrier with a T2 triage module, since that gives you 11 max targets.

sorry that's true. you juts need logi 5 and multi-tasking 3.

PROTIP FOR NEWBIES:

For the love of jebus, forget destroyers/battlecruisers 5 for now. Frigates and Cruisers 5 will open up WAY more worlds for you than those 2 :C

Atomski

Any of you guys in a newbie friendly corp? Looking to play more but would like to get to know some peeps.

Been playing about a month, doing mostly exploration. Would like to expand further into the game.

If you have a Reddit account, there's Dreddit.

If you have a SomethingAwful account, there's Goonswarm.

If you have a Giantbomb account, there's Kite Co. Space Trucking.

I'd generally say joining up with a community you're a part of works well for new players. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like GAF has an established EVE corporation anymore.

Atomski

If you have a Reddit account, there's Dreddit.

If you have a SomethingAwful account, there's Goonswarm.

If you have a Giantbomb account, there's Kite Co. Space Trucking.

I'd generally say joining up with a community you're a part of works well for new players. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like GAF has an established EVE corporation anymore.

Ah not really big into any of those communities. I do have buddies that play but they are part of big corps with tons of politics I dont really care to go through..

Ubersnug

Any of you guys in a newbie friendly corp? Looking to play more but would like to get to know some peeps.

Been playing about a month, doing mostly exploration. Would like to expand further into the game.

Try joining EVE university. They regularly put in seminars for their new recruits to learn the ropes of the game. They also have good ties with alot of the big corps in the game and sometimes get guest FC's taking their pilots out in roams.

Then, If you just want PvP with other newbs on a relatively even foot, join red vs blue (either the red corp or the blue) who are constantly at war with each other.

Consulted with some people in one of the Incursion channels about ships. So it seems I'll be building my 1400mm Sniper Maelstrom after get back from being out of town and I should be good to go. The build costs 300mil give or take 40mil or so. I'm thinking I'll want to increase my cushion by at least 100mil more ISK before I build though to be safe. Not so much for the Incursion boat, but my other ships. Want to make sure I could comfortably replace one at least once (Tengu/Raven) without mortgaging a hull or dipping into my saved LP pool.

Ubersnug

300m for an incursion ship seems quite cheap. I thought alot of the communities were only interested in blinged out faction and officer fit ships?

Seriously people, get yourself into a good wormhole corp and enjoy eve on hard mode. Much more fun, more dynamic PvP experiences and more opportunities to make isk. I honestly hate local chat now, provides far too much intel in my opinion.

300m for an incursion ship seems quite cheap. I thought alot of the communities were only interested in blinged out faction and officer fit ships?

Seriously people, get yourself into a good wormhole corp and enjoy eve on hard mode. Much more fun, more dynamic PvP experiences and more opportunities to make isk. I honestly hate local chat now, provides far too much intel in my opinion.

It's an entry-level ship. Yeah, blinged out is better, but I've never done Incursions before, so even if I could afford it, I wouldn't fly a much more expensive ship.

And I at least want to give Incursions a whirl for a week or two before moving on to anything else. Been thinking about joining a null or WH corp for a good while now.

Ubersnug

It's an entry-level ship. Yeah, blinged out is better, but I've never done Incursions before, so even if I could afford it, I wouldn't fly a much more expensive ship.

And I at least want to give Incursions a whirl for a week or two before moving on to anything else. Been thinking about joining a null or WH corp for a good while now.

Yeah. I can appreciate the caution!

I'm currently running about in Pvp Proteus that's sitting around the 1.5/6 bil mark. Also have a C5 site running Loki that cost me about 1.2bil and a C3 tengu that was about the same. Also got a cloaky proteus I intend to use as a hunter that costs about 900 mil.

Tbh, and I am biased, but I would argue that wormhole space is much more fun than anywhere else in eve. The lack of local really permeates the sense of isolation you should feel when exploring a wormhole chain. Having to rely on Dscan and positional scanning to try and work out whete someone is then try to get the drop on them with no one even knowing you were there is an awesome experience. Wormhole PvP is also lots of fun too. Mostly unexpected as well. Setting up and springing traps almost becomes an art form.

WH corp was my 1st choice for making isk, but one of the reasons i chose eve as an mmo was the relatively freedom to not have to do meet ups or have to plan to be up at certain hours to beat a special boss or summon and have a shiz load of responsibilities. So that's why i'm optioning for Incursions because, while the isk making is random, it's less demanding i guess?

Dizzy-4U

Jumped back in after a looooong time and I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Sitting there alone in the dead GAF corp contemplating my options.

Anyways, as soon as I left the station, I saw an anomaly showing up in the main view without using the directional scanner. This is new, right? What are these? Easier ways to help players find wormholes?

Ubersnug

Jumped back in after a looooong time and I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Sitting there alone in the dead GAF corp contemplating my options.

Anyways, as soon as I left the station, I saw an anomaly showing up in the main view without using the directional scanner. This is new, right? What are these? Easier ways to help players find wormholes?

Anoms and Grav sites will show up automatically for everyone to see. Sigs (Wormholes, Data/Relic and DED sites need to be scanned as normal)

Kajigger

GAF, I just started playing EVE and I'm wondering, is there's any ship I can use on trial thats better at mining than the Venture? It seems like the ORE hold is so small. I can only seem to get around 1mil per full load.

GAF, I just started playing EVE and I'm wondering, is there's any ship I can use on trial thats better at mining than the Venture? It seems like the ORE hold is so small. I can only seem to get around 1mil per full load.

On a trial? No, that's pretty much the best mining ship you'll have access to. You can't effectively jetcan mine since industrials can't be trained on trial accounts, and mining barges also cannot be trained on trials, if they even lasted long enough to get you there.

Kajigger

On a trial? No, that's pretty much the best mining ship you'll have access to. You can't effectively jetcan mine since industrials can't be trained on trial accounts, and mining barges also cannot be trained on trials, if they even lasted long enough to get you there.

Ah. If I actually buy a sub is there a ship that's better than the venture but doesn't take 7 days to train? I bought a Retriever and then I realized it takes that long to train haha. Is the retriever the next step or is there something in between?

Ah. If I actually buy a sub is there a ship that's better than the venture but doesn't take 7 days to train? I bought a Retriever and then I realized it takes that long to train haha. Is the retriever the next step or is there something in between?

Nah, the T1 mining barges are the only real next step after the Venture. And a week isn't really that long in the scheme of things.

R83B

Neo Member
Is the NeoGAF Corp/Alliance still up? Looking to move off from my current Corp and if its active I would like to be apart of it.

neogaf corp is dead i believe, everyone here is just a ragtag of players in their own corps of various skill levels.

Also, lost my job and some emergency situations came up that required monetary compensation. I can't afford the game anymore (well i can but not 2 accounts).

There go my incursion plans to pay for everything ingame. *sigh*

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
wonder if having it on steam sale would increase the amount of GAF interest. I mean, I'm even eyeing it, and I know I wouldn't play much.

what is the best ship now that everything has been updated?

I am enjoying my training since I had love for the Tengu I want to finish that before training for another ship since Caldari is not my race anyway need to think about the next step

really enjoying my slow pace training and doing nothing else
KuGsj.gif

Always get a little misty eyed when I see this thread. Loved this game for the years I played it. One of these days I'll dive back in...

Anyway, is anybody here watching the alliance tournament? It's been pretty fun catching a few of the matches this weekend. It's funny, they've hired enough former community commentators that they basically have enough people on staff to do all of it, although I know they've got some community guys coming in for the final weekend.

I usually get ones that are like: Bring me 6000m3 of gneiss (~1.5mil ISK worth) and you'll get this 20mil implant. So easy.

if i at least got some modules out of it i wouldnt mind, but alli get is useless faction standing :S

Always get a little misty eyed when I see this thread. Loved this game for the years I played it. One of these days I'll dive back in...

Anyway, is anybody here watching the alliance tournament? It's been pretty fun catching a few of the matches this weekend. It's funny, they've hired enough former community commentators that they basically have enough people on staff to do all of it, although I know they've got some community guys coming in for the final weekend.

yeah i watched a cpl of matches. all it did was make me bummed that i can barely 1-on-1 the npcs :C

Been out of town, but I caught a bit of the VOD from yesterday. The one with the T1 industrials was good. A couple matches were pretty close. One was an assault frigate away from being tied and the one being targeted was in structure but just a couple seconds too slow to be killed before time rang.

Been out of town, but I caught a bit of the VOD from yesterday. The one with the T1 industrials was good. A couple matches were pretty close. One was an assault frigate away from being tied and the one being targeted was in structure but just a couple seconds too slow to be killed before time rang.

Yeah I saw those matches, pretty good stuff, especially the nailbiter with the AF. The third weekend is probably the one that's really worth watching, but for anyone familiar with the game and the personalities, it's a pretty good time. Also saw the dead terrorists' flagship get popped, though it wasn't really that expensive looking at the killmail: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20165439

had to use my vindi money to pay for plex since my finances have taken a hit. also, training my main into the incursion ship skills. I want as much chance as possible to be chosen. i'm going to spend all week moving all my assets into areas closer to trade hubs and aiming for named modules.

So far i have been training for everything BUT weapon skills because i admit i'm STILL lost as to whether i'm going hybrids or projectiles. So i'm kinda just training the alternative things like more energy grid/cap/gunnery support skills/t2 webs and rigs. I should just fricking flip a coin.

i like popping frigates in my tornado, but when i can't ohko a ship my ass sweats the whole time the projectile is loading. Hybrids are more reliable in that sense in terms of DPS.

I finally tried exploration last week since the actual update to it, and i kinda enjoyed the whole system (more specifically, the no npc rats aspect). It

My (eventual) alt will be a miner + I don't know. Probably some industry stuff. Not sure about any other specializations.

Have just over 2 days left on Rapid Firing V. Just got back from being out of town tonight. It would be closer to done, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to worry about the queue running out, so I tossed Small Projectile Turret IV on there (at ~15 hours) before I left.

I figured since I'd need that anyway eventually for Large T2 guns, and in the short term increases my Thrasher DPS.

Onemic

Its pretty crazy that this thread finally caught some steam after Fanfest this year. Before that it was almost perpetually dead.

so i just learned the reason my clone is taking so long to learn al ot of things is because i forgot to give it implants when it died back in the day *sigh*

Top Bottom