• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVE Online |OT| of Internet Spaceships

Happened to get in on another mothership site. Those are pretty fun, but part of it has to be just that it's something different besides the same 3 sites over and over again.

Really wish they expanded more upon end-game group PvE like Incursions - something new if not just more types of sites (which wouldn't necessarily make sense lore-wise). Obviously on the back-burner compared to more PvP-centric things, but I hope CCP gets around to it eventually. I know that's how it is with missions - they need work, but they're not the highest priority since they function OK as is.

DTKT

I lost 2mil while trading low level skill books. I'd buy them one system over and sell them for 3 times the price. Seems like players were really lazy.

Now, someone put up some really cheap skillbooks. My economy is ruined!

russians closed the incursion out of spite. great! in other good news, somer blink got me 200m isk from an achievement, 50m of which was used for a new plex! a good way to end the day with the crappy way the incursion ended.

jz1vDB0.jpg

this is going to take a freaking while...

what do you guys think? should i re-spec into per/will to take off 1 week, or just leave as is?

I'm prioritizing tengu because i'm getting slightly weary of the incursion drama/monotony and my available hours are getting limited. I realized that T2 hybrids would go a long way in dps raise, but that means im stuck in the same ship for 2 months at 47 days. With caldari cruisers 5 i can at least give the tengu a try for variety, and also perhaps open up heavy assault cruisers to fool around in. Heavy assault would also open up the requs for stealth bombers in this character for now.

Checked to see and yep, apparently some people would rather have no incursion up than everyone crowded into one on the weekend.

To be fair, weekend fleets kind of suck compared to the weekday ones, though I shouldn't be one to argue as I have an unusual schedule with lots of free time at all odd hours at the moment. If I had any major commitments I might be more upset if I couldn't fly when I wanted to.

Otherwise nothing else to say at the moment. Might jump clone and take a Dramiel or something out looking for trouble since a new incursion probably won't spawn for at least another day (+ travel time and all that). I mean I have a buy order of 175mil at the moment for a cosmetic shirt. Or it could just be a good time to drop by Jita finally get a faction tracking computer. Maybe a better MWD.

If I don't go out and PvP, if I play EVE at all it'll probably working on standings grind again.

i'm always up for a frig pvp run in b/w incursions whenever. i do have t2 small hybrids, at least that :s

EDIT: Oh i didnt know you can turn concord LP into any type of LP for companies for a small penalty (80% concord lp to company lp. sisters of ever is 40% though...)

EDIT2: won 400m in blink credit through achievement. debatnig the best way to spend it. i could splurge on nothing but 2m ships to turn it into isk+promo tickets, or try my luck with a random giga.

I hear some people are starting to get sent their codes for the EVE Collector's Edition, which contains some Dust 514 stuff. Imagining some people here aren't really into Dust, and I'm not really into EVE, so anyone up for some sort of trade? I believe Dust can send ISK to EVE, not that I'm sure anyone really wants any of my 130 million ISK. Up for other sorts of offers.

oktarb

I hear some people are starting to get sent their codes for the EVE Collector's Edition, which contains some Dust 514 stuff. Imagining some people here aren't really into Dust, and I'm not really into EVE, so anyone up for some sort of trade? I believe Dust can send ISK to EVE, not that I'm sure anyone really wants any of my 130 million ISK. Up for other sorts of offers.

I have my code; haven't activated it yet. If I activate it for EVE is it linked to Dust514 is some way? If not you can have the Dust514 side but I'd like confirmation.

I have my code; haven't activated it yet. If I activate it for EVE is it linked to Dust514 is some way? If not you can have the Dust514 side but I'd like confirmation.

It shouldn't be because there is no real way to link Dust 514 and EVE accounts. It should be a 12 character PSN code.

Crossed the 6 billion ISK mark today. I actually have about 2 bil more in Loyalty Points to cash out (just a little under), but I usually like to save them until it's at a nice round threshold.

Also finished Medium Projectile Turret V today. Got the artillery spec for that up to II already, but doing Sharpshooter V before finishing that off for my T2 large guns. Will be grabbing Motion Prediction V immediately after I get the large arty spec to IV, then maybe Surgical Strike V, but could grab a couple other things before that.

The collector's edition codes get sent out right when you purchase it. The package they're shipping you is just the physical items and a 60 day timecode for new accounts.

Alt finished tactical shield manipulation IV. So she can do a T2 shield tank (active at least) albeit not so great with the rest of her skills. On Drones V now. Always good to knock that out since you're gonna need it anyway.

Funny thing is the only change in ship skills since I started her was to allow mining barges. Not sure what race I want to start her off in. So core skills still it is.

oktarb

i've won 1.8B this week on blink alone >_>

i haven't run incursions for days....

Blink, if you're even remotely luck, get's you asking the question "What do I do in EVE if I have 'enough' isk?"

I mean you can spend days mining or play blink for 5 minutes and make more on Blink. You can build a freighter that takes weeks or you can play Blink. Run incursions? Blink has a quicker profit turn around.

So you have to find what your playing for. Social, thrill of combat, corp relations?

When money isn't a problem why do you play?

Blink, if you're even remotely luck, get's you asking the question "What do I do in EVE if I have 'enough' isk?"

I mean you can spend days mining or play blink for 5 minutes and make more on Blink. You can build a freighter that takes weeks or you can play Blink. Run incursions? Blink has a quicker profit turn around.

So you have to find what your playing for. Social, thrill of combat, corp relations?

my low sp prevents me from doing anything worthwhile :C but i get what you are saying.

my low sp prevents me from doing anything worthwhile :C but i get what you are saying.

Don't let your SP dictate your actions in the game. Figure out what you want to do and use what you've trained to your advantage.

You won't be piloting a titan with 2mil SP, but you can definitely chase down some people soloing FW complexes.

DrBo42

Just started a Caldari, probably going to be my main as a miner until I can make enough ISK to justify an alt. Anyone in that profession that can take me under their wing? Reading what I can guide-wise but a space buddy is invaluable.

Just started a Caldari, probably going to be my main as a miner until I can make enough ISK to justify an alt. Anyone in that profession that can take me under their wing? Reading what I can guide-wise but a space buddy is invaluable.

You'll never make enough ISK mining to afford an alt unless you're already multi-boxing. Stop now and train towards combat skills. Exploration is probably the best money for low SP characters so you might want to look into that as well.

Little over 1 day now till I finally get my T2 large artillery! Gotta train the spec up to at least 3 if not 4 ASAP though before moving on to anything else. Pretty sure at level 1 and maybe 2 they're worse off than my faction guns.

Not sure yet if I want to go for T2 Hybrids for a Vindicator or do something else in-between. Loki would be faster but I don't have an immediate application for that. Maybe knock out at least the small hybrids. Oh and probably long range targeting V. With the two tracking computer build you lack a sensor booster and miss out on range by just a tad for a few specific targets in certain situations. Also a prerequisite for logistics when/if I ever go that route.

Atomski

I got suicide killed on my main while I was afk mining... watching movies. Then I get a mail from the new order guys about miner bumping. Pretty funny really.

I hate mining anyways but its something to do while my skills go up. Id like to break into manufacturing but am honestly clueless at the moment about making profit.

Working on all my gun skills on my alt. Finishing up small projectile 5 and on to medium 5 after. Really enjoying him more these days.

Really need to find a good corp but im so damn busy with life lately..

Little bit disappointed with the expansion features so far - nothing that drastically changes the game for me, but there's definitely some good stuff.

Personal deployable structures will be great - and this is just the first wave. I'm sure they'll be expanded upon in future expansions and it's the kind of thing that gives you more personal power. I'll actually be able to have these myself, whereas a regular POS, as they stand now, is not a realistic goal for an individual to accomplish (without some kind of outside help.)

I really love the Siphon Unit idea for disrupting larger groups/alliances in a more guerrilla economic warfare. Just one step towards needing to be project power and checking up everywhere you control or risk serious monetary damage. Not sure how it will mesh with the renting doctrine over moon income that seems to becoming more prevalent, but we'll see. But it's something that gives smaller groups a way to chip at larger entities which is desperately needed.

New Sisters of EVE ships look great and should be fantastic to play in, really looking forward to taking those out to roam and sneak around. Will make sure to buff my skills a little bit with them in mind.

Still looking forward to the future vision of building stargates and exploring/colonizing new space. If I need to be part of a larger group of people when the time comes for that I'll do whatever it takes as that vision is incredibly compelling.

Oh and all the UI/usability stuff should be very nice improvements.

Main account PLEXed through mid-February, alt until December. Interestingly 2/3s of my order completed through the night went for 520mil instead of ~560 that I had set. Could have resold today for 170mil or so profit. Not too bad, but there's probably better, less volatile markets out there.

Anyone know what this new "Advanced Cerebral Accelerator" is? Is it for new accounts only? Is it permanent?

It's like all the others, though better and with a shorter duration. Only works on accounts less than 7 days old (and for up to 7 days.)

So if you wanted max training on a new account you would get Advanced, then inject Prototype at 7 days, and finally inject Standard at 14 days. Preferably training Cybernetics up to at least 4 first to get +4s ASAP. Oh and remap if you're sure of what you're doing.

And while the Advanced one is really good, it's in limited supply right now (only from that cash promo direct from the EVE site I think) to the point where it's probably not worth the ISK (~800mil-1bil on contracts for the Advanced one alone.)

WOW! Certificate changes (new dev blog up - on phone so can't link).

Biggest unexpected news to come out of this though is gunnery changes. T2 large (and medium) turrets will no longer require the smaller tiers to be fully trained!

Only shaves about, you know, 20+ days if you want to rush a large T2 turret. Pretty great news, especially for incursion runners. With less training required for T2 large guns, overall fleets will be shinier.

I can cross-train into a Vindicator or Nightmare quicker.

Now the benefit previously was that you'd build up a ton of useful skills that you'd probably want or make use of at some point anyway, but this allows for more flexibility.

Definitely gives something to think about with planning my alt now too.

eot

Banned
I got annoyed when they split the BC skills making the train longer for new players and I get annoyed when they remove endless pre-reqs I had to train. I guess they can't win.

Having money ruins the game, I've given away everything I own twice now. Maybe people better than I can stop themselves from letting ISK become and end unto itself, but I can't. So it becomes get money to get more money, then you realize how stupid that is and quit the game.

Less than 24 hours for my Motion Prediction V. Pretty excited for that one. Undecided on whether to go for Surgical Strike V as my next big skill or grab some other things. Will want it eventually though.

What's up you sexy mofos!

back from my mod-imposed exile! i took a break and did many worthwhile things.

in the meantime, i gifted myself a nice tengu and completed my first non-warpout or help needed ded in low sec.

i got jack squat, but its the principle. I hadnt done an incursion in about a month, but i will use it to fund my Tengu Adventures. Ill have to give HACs a whirl soon too! but HAM fit is so beast, mowing down anythign within range!

you have to spend isk to make isk with some of the things i put on it, but nothing still replaces incursions though. Going to try and aim for armor fit since a lot of islands have been popping up and incursion groups have been venturing into them. NICE TO BE BACK!

Atomski

Ill have to join the neogaf channel.. :p

Anyways was super excited to unlock tech 2 medium physical turrets today but found out I still had to unlock small specialization skills. Nooooooooooo!! another 2 day wait QQ.

Anyways I have finally moved to null, I just happened to join some small corp out of the blue.. which I almost left right away as they seemed to be RPing.. but a few days later they joined an alliance in null so I decided to stick around and check it out. Pretty cool so far.. and my scanning on my main really paid off as it helped me find a wormhole that popped out right near by where i had most my stuff. So transferring it all was easy as pie

Now that Im out here just been ratting and doing exploration... maybe start pvping eventually.

Ill have to join the neogaf channel.. :p

Anyways was super excited to unlock tech 2 medium physical turrets today but found out I still had to unlock small specialization skills. Nooooooooooo!! another 2 day wait QQ.

Anyways I have finally moved to null, I just happened to join some small corp out of the blue.. which I almost left right away as they seemed to be RPing.. but a few days later they joined an alliance in null so I decided to stick around and check it out. Pretty cool so far.. and my scanning on my main really paid off as it helped me find a wormhole that popped out right near by where i had most my stuff. So transferring it all was easy as pie

Now that Im out here just been ratting and doing exploration... maybe start pvping eventually.

I'm thinking of going the null way too soon. High sec is fine but i want a little bit of danger

won't try it until i get cloaking 4 tho.

I'm skipping T2 hybrids for now and concentrating on T2 HAMs for my Tengu. THEN ill do t2 hybrids, but if the update to break up the gunnery reqs hit soon, then i won't need to do the whole small-medium-large treck and just go for large straight off the bat.

Atomski

So I funny story..

So this corp I joined was kinda spontaneous. I was contacted by this guy and he asked me some some stuff, then asked if Id join his corp. I wasn't in a corp at the time so I figured whatever as long as they aren't at war with anyone.

Well time goes by and it becomes really clear... the leader of this corp is a hardcore RPer. The rest of the corp including me are clearly not lol.

So anyways it was getting to a point I figured I may leave cause I was getting tired of joining corp chat and reading "THE ENEMY WILL BURN FOR THEIR INJUSTICES!" and whatever RP nonsense. But he announces we have been accepted to a null alliance and I figured ooh that sounds good. So few days later.. lovin null I come home and find in Alliance chat he is RPing drunk and refusing to give his API. Then someone in the alliance is like ok well your corp will be kicked and shot on sight.

WAAATTTTTTT! I didnt sign up for this!! I try to talk to him in corp.. but hes clearly drunk and RPing on there to so I message someone in the alliance and explain that hes just a crazy RPer and clearly drunk. The guy is nice enough to let me fill out an app before they kick our corp.. guess I will see if I am blasted out of the sky tomorrow...

Mini-update.

Haven't been playing much lately - mostly been watching some longer skills tick down, but I'm still active. I was flush with ISK after doing tons of Incursions and still have quite a bit and with both my accounts paid up for awhile, there's not as much incentive to actively play, especially if I'm waiting for skills.

Could PvP, but that's pretty much just flushing ISK down the drain in the name of "fun", and it would slow down my training since I'd have to swap clones as well or face an expensive pod loss.

Catch-22, have enough isk that i don't need to grind pve for isk. No reason to do ingame things because i don't need the isk.

WAAATTTTTTT! I didnt sign up for this!! I try to talk to him in corp.. but hes clearly drunk and RPing on there to so I message someone in the alliance and explain that hes just a crazy RPer and clearly drunk. The guy is nice enough to let me fill out an app before they kick our corp.. guess I will see if I am blasted out of the sky tomorrow...

I was doing ded sites with my heart pounding cause last time i did a site my mission raven got blown up and i lost a lot of isk. I was kinda irked that while i am in a solo corp i dont have to worry about taxes or wardecs, but i could have really used a 2nd set of eyes (i was duo boxing but its not the same) or maybe someone to share the room DPS/logi field.

being in a big corp was daunting but i could always motivate some random noob to haul around in my adventures.

cloaking 4 14 hrs left!

still not gonna do nothing with it tho. but will diddle around with it for my tengu.

now the big choice b/w what medium range wep to t2. hybrids or missiles...

Power of 2 is back apparently. That's 6 months for an alt for $50 or 3 PLEX. Kind of a shame it wasn't around 2 months ago or I would have used it for my alt. Don't really want a 3rd account though (not sure if I could even support it without playing more than I'd want to) and the 2 month head start on training I guess makes up for not being able to take advantage of the deal.

Power of 2 is back apparently. That's 6 months for an alt for $50 or 3 PLEX. Kind of a shame it wasn't around 2 months ago or I would have used it for my alt. Don't really want a 3rd account though (not sure if I could even support it without playing more than I'd want to) and the 2 month head start on training I guess makes up for not being able to take advantage of the deal.

maybe an industry?

SummitAve

Banned
Must have accidently undocked instead of closing out of PI.... Went afk for most the day, and came back to see that my raven had been blow up. Whoops! I live in null so my corp must have been confused as fuck. Time to spend all that insurance isk on a tengu!

maybe an industry?

I suppose research/manufacture alt would be one of the few alternative options, but starting up a new character for that you're so far behind the curve. And you have to set up spreadsheets for all your production lines and stuff.

Maybe a leadership alt? I mean 3 PLEX isn't thatttt much, especially for 6 months. Might be able to sell the character for a profit going that route.

I suppose research/manufacture alt would be one of the few alternative options, but starting up a new character for that you're so far behind the curve. And you have to set up spreadsheets for all your production lines and stuff.

Maybe a leadership alt? I mean 3 PLEX isn't thatttt much, especially for 6 months. Might be able to sell the character for a profit going that route.

what kind of training regimen would it need? Leaderships skills to 4 then remap for T3?

Must have accidently undocked instead of closing out of PI.... Went afk for most the day, and came back to see that my raven had been blow up. Whoops! I live in null so my corp must have been confused as fuck. Time to spend all that insurance isk on a tengu!

I dont remember my raven putting out that much money :C

Top Bottom