• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Hmm I wouldn't mind dropping $60 to get into this but as I take it Landmark isn't really even an MMO? I'm not much of a creator and I'd hate to put money down on this only for them to have the true EverQuest Next Alpha later this year or early 2015.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Hmm I wouldn't mind dropping $60 to get into this but as I take it Landmark isn't really even an MMO? I'm not much of a creator and I'd hate to put money down on this only for them to have the true EverQuest Next Alpha later this year or early 2015.

Think Minecraft MMO.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
It took me a few tries to get the page to load, almost done installing.

shawnhi

it seems that i failed to realize that it actually wasn't released to everyone until about 30 mins ago. nerd fight over the NDA for nothing. ;[

i'll be back tomorrow to have some stick-in-the-mud try to convince me that talking about violating the NDA is gonna preclude me from future employment.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
it seems that i failed to realize that it actually wasn't released to everyone until about 30 mins ago. nerd fight over the NDA for nothing. ;[

i'll be back tomorrow to have some stick-in-the-mud try to convince me that talking about violating the NDA is gonna preclude me from future employment.

You still don't get it. It's not about you. The NDA is there to protect them; not that you give a shit about that obviously.

shawnhi

You still don't get it. It's not about you. The NDA is there to protect them; not that you give a shit about that obviously.

no. it's about you feeling self righteous. yay, formatting. the info being released before the nda is up is inevitable, and the nda is pointless when anyone can buy in and see for themselves.

no. it's about you feeling self righteous. yay, formatting. the info being released before the nda is up is inevitable, and the nda is pointless when anyone can buy in and see for themselves.

if you want it so bad go find another site or someone to tell you. no one here is going to give what you want.

nataku

Where is the download link? I logged into my account like the email said to via the link in the email but it just took me to the Account Management page.

EDIT: Nevermind, now the link is working.

MrBig

One thing that's really bothered me with SOE's art is the very low res textures, they always seem to author them at small sizes which hampers scalability. The biggest and most commonly used textures, like those for rocks, were only 1024 or 2048 in Planetside 2 for example, and the environment textures in landmark look about the same or worse. It's not for lack of vram, with PS2 not even reaching a gb of useage. I didn't really complain about this for PS2 because the game was relatively detail heavy in other areas - but landmark's focus on art makes the obviously blurry textures a big distraction for me, muddying whatever neat designs.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
k, we'll see.

it's entertaining how there's always a few who just get so salty over nda's, considering the track record.

How do you expect people to react when you just barge in here demanding people break the NDA on a game they have just spent 60+ dollars on? Jesus.

Absinthe

It's their game, their rules, don't like it, don't support it and quit your bitching.

Spazznid

iPjClFYiD75jw.png

It actually instantly downloaded after that, lol.

I keep getting kicked out to the login screen, can't even get to the Download page. I reeeeeeeally want to go to sleep, but would love to have this at least start downloading overnight.

Top Bottom