• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

shawnhi

guys, guys... there's these things called throwaway accounts. use them. just don't use any identifying information. c'mon now.

t1391241600z4.png

well look at it this way. the more people leave the better experience i will get trying to log in tonight ;P

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
If I was them I'd postpone it till tomorrow. I mean, If im gonna piss a lot of people off then I may as well go all out. :D

Effect

Why. Give me one good reason.

People actually do take this seriously. Seriously enough to be willing put down $100 or $60 of their own money in order to have access to the alpha. To actually play it and help shape it. So just stop.

shawnhi

People actually do take this seriously. Seriously enough to be willing put down $100 or $60 of their own money in order to have access to the alpha. To actually play it and help shape it. So just stop.

No. I'm seriously considering putting down my own $100 or $60 (plus money for upgrading my PC). People who want to talk about how they're not going to share info just want to get off on the feeling of "I know something you don't." In real life, if I had a friend, and if he or she had the alpha, the NDA wouldn't stop them from telling me about it. etc. etc. You're a cool guy, I know.

Damaniel

Banned
Why. Give me one good reason.

Because an employer who knows that you have no respect for NDAs will never, ever hire you, for starters. It might be an inconvenience for you, but they're still technically binding contracts. Just because you're young and have no regard for contract law doesn't mean that you should try to get others to spill the beans (or offer to do so yourself).

No. I'm seriously considering putting down my own $100 or $60 (plus money for upgrading my PC). People who want to talk about how they're not going to share info just want to get off on the feeling of "I know something you don't." In real life, if I had a friend, and if he or she had the alpha, the NDA wouldn't stop them from telling me about it. etc. etc. You're a cool guy, I know.

maybe that's why you got no friends. you don't respect NDAs ;P

shawnhi

Because an employer who knows that you have no respect for NDAs will never, ever hire you, for starters. It might be an inconvenience for you, but they're still technically binding contracts. Just because you're young and have no regard for contract law doesn't mean that you should try to get others to spill the beans (or offer to do so yourself).

hence throwaway account.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

Believe it not, NDAs exist for reasons beyond stroking the egos of those who dropped money to play the game. Grow up.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off

Stop being cheap and just buy in, dude. Join us cool and funny guys.

hence throwaway account.

Even if there was no other reason for not breaking the NDA, it would still be against the rules to have a second alternate neogaf account so you are encouraging others to risk there accounts on 2 services just to save you a little money and or time in making your purchasing choices easier.

Either way there is a reason these companies have NDAs on alpha material, and it isnt just to be a dick to the people that want to know about there games, it is for the overall health of the game once it is ready to launch and I doubt people excited enough to pay money to play the alpha version are going to want to risk jeopardizing the health of the very game they are investing in.

shawnhi

Believe it not, NDAs exist for reasons beyond stroking the egos of those who dropped money to play the game. Grow up.

They're pointless. I just have to refine some Google searching. I like how you guys are saying I'm young/grow up, when I'm most likely older than you. Bet it feels good, brah.

Anyway, I'll stop this digression... give it a few more hours and I'll have all the info I need.

ramuh

Agreed. It's a chance to work out major kinks before it gets to beta. "constructive" criticisms. And a company that allows people to pay money to play it early has a right to keep the direction focused on fixing those issues. When the beta drops and NDAs disappear I for one would love to hear impressions, as I am interested in this game.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
They're pointless. I just have to refine some Google searching. I like how you guys are saying I'm young/grow up, when I'm most likely older than you. Bet it feels good, brah.

Anyway, I'll stop this digression... give it a few more hours and I'll have all the info I need.

You sound like a delightful person.

Jamezeite

Banned
I buckled and bought the Trailblazer pack a few weeks ago. I'm honestly banking on EQ Next (not just Landmark) revolutionizing the genre -- along with their unannounced MMORPG that is supposedly dedicated to SWG fans (my favorite game, to this date, pre-NGE of course).

So excite.

I'm banking on them not just teasing about plans to support the Oculus Rift xD

edit: Also is anyone else unable to get into the forums now? :/

ramuh

I buckled and bought the Trailblazer pack a few weeks ago. I'm honestly banking on EQ Next (not just Landmark) revolutionizing the genre -- along with their unannounced MMORPG that is supposedly dedicated to SWG fans (my favorite game, to this date, pre-NGE of course).

So excite.

Im excited to hear about that third game too. Talking about SWG fans to come home. :) My hype level riser is broken so it's pretty much always maxed out.

I'm not sure I could ever do another SoE MMO in a sci fi setting after they managed to completely ruin SWG on two seperate occasions. For whatever reason I can give them a chance on other settings but I am still way to salty to not be reminded of SWG every time I would try to play a new sci fi mmo from them.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
David Georgeson ‏@DaveGeorgeson 2m

The gates are open and the emails are ON THE WAY! :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You have to admit though. NDAs for something you bought in to is quite silly. I honestly expect that to change.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Got my email. Lets go...download this shit overnight. =P

Lets go....struggle to even load the page. lol

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Is there a new link? The other one still fails at the same point.

EDIT: NM, it's posted on the forum now.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
e-mail link not working currently. sigh

EDIT: It's working! It's just very slow.

got email. woot.

and servers are hammered. told you guys to go to bed.

EDIT: just keep refreshing.

downloading.
IGN will be DMPrince if available

Top Bottom