• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

vilmer_

Ahhh crap.... I just realized I don't meet the requirements for this game. Stupid me didn't see the I5 quad core and I have an I3....

How do I get a refund?

Edit: Nm, found out. Dang this sucks :(

Was it unplayable? Or just inconsistent frames?

Ahhh crap.... I just realized I don't meet the requirements for this game. Stupid me didn't see the I5 quad core and I have an I3....

How do I get a refund?

Edit: Nm, found out. Dang this sucks :(

Dude are you sure? An i3 isn't a bad processor at all, could the game really require an i5? It can be that the game isn't optimized properly yet though, I remember building a PC for my little step brother using an i3 and it ran Black Ops very smoothly.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Dude are you sure? An i3 isn't a bad processor at all, could the game really require an i5? It can be that the game isn't optimized properly yet though, I remember building a PC for my little step brother using an i3 and it ran Black Ops very smoothly.

The specs are for Alpha, which isn't optimized.

It seems the claim areas are really small, and then the buffer areas are really huge. Anyone finding themselves limited by this?

I just got a claim a little bit ago. I picked a mountain top.. I wish it was a little wider, so I could take the whole mountain out evenly but there are some bits of it that are on the outside of my claim area so it looks kind of ugly.

thinking of giving up my claim and looking for a new one when they open more servers.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It seems the claim areas are really small, and then the buffer areas are really huge. Anyone finding themselves limited by this?

Reminds me of Simcity 3. Maybe something to do with the server load? If it stores the default region client-side and only sends the differences from the server (like Starbound), then it would make sense to limit people to a small percentage of the landscape.

Yeah, we're not going to be building any towns here. Even if we wanted to collaborate we can't put our claims next to each other. Maybe that'll come later.

terrisus

Who is this guy anyway?

gu_20040607.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
The game causes my poor system to churn. Frame rate really inconsistant... but everything on highest it goes

SparkTR

I don't really get what this game is, is it a tool to make content for the final MMO or is it its own thing? Will Landmark still be a thing once the MMO is released?

I don't really get what this game is, is it a tool to make content for the final MMO or is it its own thing? Will Landmark still be a thing once the MMO is released?

It's both. Monsters and more progression are on the way, it'll be a full blown big budget Minecraft that feeds content into EQN when it releases.

I'm really tempted to pick up a Trailblazer pack.

I've been following it for a long while now but have yet to decide if I should jump in or not.

Ferny

The game will improve in a week. Just wait a bit before doing the refund. They are really supporting the hell out of it.

Violet_0

Banned
Yeah, we're not going to be building any towns here. Even if we wanted to collaborate we can't put our claims next to each other. Maybe that'll come later.

they want to introduce guild claims in the alpha/beta and a way of combining claims that are next to each other. It would be really stupid if they didn't include these features in the final game, currently the claims are way too small

Ferrio

Banned
Some reason I wasn't able to build in my claim.. so figured I'd delete it and replace it. Delete works fine.. when I go to lay down a new one it says there's no valid spots :(.

Klyka

Banned
You will be able to craft additional claim flags and then you can expand your claim within the buffer size.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
You will be able to craft additional claim flags and then you can expand your claim within the buffer size.

I guess the buffer represents the maximum size your (aggregate) claim can end up being so? How big is that?

Anyone have some good streams - recorded or live - where people are going in depth on building? I'm curious about the scope of the tools.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Awwww yiss; stayed up until 5am with work tomorrow to finish my cobalt pick axe. Totally worth it!

Iadien

Have they mentioned about how player housing will work in Everquest Next?

There will be far less claimable space, the devs have also mentioned requiring a land grant of some sort around the city you want to build in first.

btw, it doesn't really matter if you place your claim in a desert, right? You can just terraform the terrain

Correct.

Can anyone help? :(

Check your tutorial folder. Unless you changed the install directory it should be in C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest Next Landmark\Tutorial

zeox

Seems pretty good so far for an alpha. I lost one of my outfits though :(

edit: they appeared again after changing tools. alpha indeed!

Einbroch

Banned
Have they said whether or not you can simply import your creations into EQN? Or is if like Dota where only the top ones approved by SOE get ported over?

Iadien

Have they said whether or not you can simply import your creations into EQN? Or is if like Dota where only the top ones approved by SOE get ported over?

There will be a way to import what we build using the template system that is in game, as long as the creation fits in with the game world.

There will also be contests eventually where SOE will show a piece of concept art or something and players will be able to participate to try to get their creation into the game. There will be a voting system in place, and then SOE will come in and decide which ones are the best fit for the game.

Top Bottom