• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
DG said they were waiting on a voxel issue fix first, the problem has been isolated so just waiting for them to complete it.

Entertain yourself with the worst song in the world ever while you wait :p

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Two minutes later:

Dave Georgeson said:
DG on Twitter
State of the build: Voxel fix forthcoming, update being prepped, Serenity is on-deck. Not sure *what* time tonight...but TONIGHT.

I need sleep, must resist waiting!

Been looking at some gameplay videos. game looks interesting. Guys think it's worth getting now? I thought the game was going to be free when it's released, are you just paying to be able to play the alpha/beta?

Ferrio

Banned
Been looking at some gameplay videos. game looks interesting. Guys think it's worth getting now? I thought the game was going to be free when it's released, are you just paying to be able to play the alpha/beta?

Unless you're die hard about it, I'd say wait.. the game is *very* early stages.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, we are, aside from the little items/titles you get for paying.

I'm enjoying my time so far, but I haven't even really started building. I'm mostly excited to see how the game grows and improves over time, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a powerful computer and a lot of patience.

Beta access will probably be readily available for free, so it might just be best to wait for that if the money is an issue.

Osiris

Position in Queue: 855
Est. Time to wait: 79 Minutes.

Come on Serenity!

RK9039

I'm getting pushed back further into the queue!! THIS IS MADNESS.

I was 821, now 979! WHAT?

kCgkEYd.gif

Osiris

That explains the Liberation queue, I client crashed and rejoined the queue, now at position 1183 in queue, est time: 151 minutes.

I won't be waiting that long :p

Somnia

Servers were suppose to go down for the voxel fix and to start Serenity. Maybe they just forgot to tell us they were doing it now lol

Osiris

Question about upgrading picks, does the quality of the 'donor' pick (the one needed for a recipe) have an effect on the resulting pick quality?

I planned it well, picked up my claim and got to the spot on Mesa that I want my claim to be on Serenity..., just gotta be quick :D

RK9039

Question about upgrading picks, does the quality of the 'donor' pick (the one needed for a recipe) have an effect on the resulting pick quality?

I planned it well, picked up my claim and got to the spot on Mesa that I want my claim to be on Serenity..., just gotta be quick :D

Did you get into the game?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Good question, I have no idea, but I wouldn't think so. Put on the mastercrafter bracers if you have them, which does increase the chance of a better item.

Osiris

Did you get into the game?

Nope, I was just lucky that I was standing at the exact spot I wanted to claim when I was kicked out. hilltop, not too far from transport crystal thingy, great view, now I just need to get onto Serenity before everyone else haha :p

Edit: Courage up!

RK9039

Nope, I was just lucky that I was standing at the exact spot I wanted to claim when I was kicked out. hilltop, not too far from transport crystal thingy, great view, now I just need to get onto Serenity before everyone else haha :p

Edit: Courage up!

I just got in! my character was showing up on the loading screen at 50% lol. Is Serenity going to be another server like Courage or is it one of those in game maps (tier 1/2/3 map)?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It's a new server with the same set of maps as the other two.

Thinking ahead to people monetizing templates... wonder how well that'll work out. I've got some badass ideas but I'm hesitant to put it all together and show it off on my claim. There will probably be dozens of clones of anything good, so people are going to be competing in marketing I think. First to "popular templates" wins...

RK9039

MADE A CLAIM! and then my game crashed.

Headland Tier 2, come find me at edge of the map. My Two Towers will be built.

I need some help guys. I bought the alpha, but it won't play.

It's installed everything, and when I press play in the launcher, the really annoying video starts up explaining the game. Except that it only shows about 1 frame per second, and there is no way to skip it. If I alt-tab out of it then it plays in the background (I can hear the audio), but I can't alt-tab back in!

Any help? I'd like to get in, but for some reason the video won't play when I launch it.

I should have a system that can handle full screen video!

i5 2500k
3 x 6970 in trifire
win 7 64-bit
8GB DDR3.

railGUN

Banned
I need some help guys. I bought the alpha, but it won't play.

It's installed everything, and when I press play in the launcher, the really annoying video starts up explaining the game. Except that it only shows about 1 frame per second, and there is no way to skip it. If I alt-tab out of it then it plays in the background (I can hear the audio), but I can't alt-tab back in!

Any help? I'd like to get in, but for some reason the video won't play when I launch it.

I should have a system that can handle full screen video!

i5 2500k
3 x 6970 in trifire
win 7 64-bit
8GB DDR3.

You can probably disable the auto play in the .ini file. Not positive thought, or what the line would be.

Hmm, when I disable crossfire and run it on a single 6970 then it seems to play the video fine, but I still can't alt-tab back into it if I leave. And I'd rather not watch him talk for 10 minutes about stuff I already read here.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hmm, when I disable crossfire and run it on a single 6970 then it seems to play the video fine, but I still can't alt-tab back into it if I leave. And I'd rather not watch him talk for 10 minutes about stuff I already read here.

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest Next Landmark\UserOptions.ini
IntroVideoWatched=0
to IntroVideoWatched=1

Ferrio

Banned
So game runs a lot better after I switched shadows to low and did that nvidia texture setting. Also I had vsync forced on global... so that was taking a churn on it. Still get huge dips from loading... ssd is calling.

Iadien

So game runs a lot better after I switched shadows to low and did that nvidia texture setting. Also I had vsync forced on global... so that was taking a churn on it. Still get huge dips from loading... ssd is calling.

Cool. Those tweaked helped me quite a bit. The SSD will help even more.

Got the game to load and run, but it appears it's totally incompatible with crossfire. :(

This means I can barely run it on a single card, and there is constantly FPS drops as I run around.

I also find it impossible to claim any land anywhere, I've been jumping around on multiple servers and areas for 30 minutes. :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Anyone having issues getting to the beta forums? When I try to log in it says I need to reset my password which I did and now it keeps asking me to reset and when I try it says "you already reset your password".

Iadien

Georgeson tweets:

"Hoo boy. Another late night coming. I can tell you this much. We won't be done for at LEAST two hours still. Almost certainly longer."

"But the list of fixes in the update is pretty cool. And being able to build reliably will rock. Game will come to life. :)"

I also find it impossible to claim any land anywhere, I've been jumping around on multiple servers and areas for 30 minutes. :(

More servers are coming soon. One is supposed to launch tonight, and more servers are coming later this week.

Anyone having issues getting to the beta forums? When I try to log in it says I need to reset my password which I did and now it keeps asking me to reset and when I try it says "you already reset your password".

I'm not having this issue, but I did see someone mention that they were having this problem on reddit. They said the problem went away on its own.

Maybe instead of a field of overlapping white/greyish boxes (which are impossible to tell if there are claimable spaces between them), they should be solid-coloured on the map, so that the free spaces stand out more.

Top Bottom